Just booked AKL for Feb...and I'm from NY

KSR0330

DIS Veteran
Excited that I have a trip booked...but worried that I won't be able to take it because I can't quarantine. Any one else in the same boat? I'd be happy for just a resort only stay... just to get away and have a little taste of the magic!

Things seem to change so rapidly, it is hard to say what Feb will bring as far as quarantine rules.

We just cancelled our Nov trip this morning and rebooked early Feb.
If masks are still ongoing for outdoors and fastpass not yet available, we have one more back-up trip booked the last week of our annual pass in April.

We did a resort only stay at Animal Kingdom last summer.
Such a wonderfully relaxing and beautiful resort.
Lots of activity going on but also nice to just sit in a rocker and enjoy the savanna view.
Enjoy your stay!

Yes, in the same boat, but in CT. I have trips booked in November (most likely not happening), December (maybe?) and, now, March (please, numbers, be lower by then!). I've semi made peace with the fact that I may have to cancel all of them, but will wait until the last minute.

Excited that I have a trip booked...but worried that I won't be able to take it because I can't quarantine. Any one else in the same boat? I'd be happy for just a resort only stay... just to get away and have a little taste of the magic!
I read somewhere yesterday that NY is looking into accepting a negative COVID test instead of the 14 day quarantine. Hopefully there will be a procedure by February.

On day 3 of my post-Disney quarantine (came from NJ)... not looking forward to 11 more days. Trip was still worth it though if you can WFH!

Boy, do I feel your pain! Just cancelled our Nov trip that was replacing our Aug trip. Also can’t do the 2 week quarantine after. Just don’t have that kind of vacation time to justify taking a 1 week trip. We went to Maine instead in August since NY and Maine are playing nicely at this point. Fingers are crossed that our newly scheduled April trip works out, Good luck to all of us!

we are in Connecticut and just returned from Las Vegas last Saturday. I believe both are states have the same quarantine rules and we were able to get tested at the airport to avoid quarantining. We got tested at 9:30 pm on Saturday and had the results by Monday morning at 4:00 am.

luckily we tested negative otherwise it would have been a big problem for going back to work.

we are in Connecticut and just returned from Las Vegas last Saturday. I believe both are states have the same quarantine rules and we were able to get tested at the airport to avoid quarantining. We got tested at 9:30 pm on Saturday and had the results by Monday morning at 4:00 am.

luckily we tested negative otherwise it would have been a big problem for going back to work.
I believe the way it’s working is
CT: subject to fine if you don’t test or quarantine
NY: subject to fine if you don’t quarantine
NJ: “compliance is expected” (quote from NJ) to voluntarily quarantine

So really all 3 states are taking different approaches to their shared quarantine.

You’re kinda gutsy honestly. I don’t see any way a snowballed Halloween > Thanksgiving > Xmas > New Years holiday spike doesn’t linger through Feb but maybe 2021 will give us a break?

Any chance you can book a backup later next year? That would be my play, double the odds of being able to go.

We are booked for April (rescheduled from July) and I’m nervous myself about the quarantine. I haven’t booked flights yet 😬

Do you mind me asking which airport you flew into? I'm in CT and would need to test when I get back. I could go to my local CVS but I've heard it takes quite a long time to get results back.

we flew out and into BDL on our recent trip to MCO.. we live in MA but fly out of BDL in CT and we tested right at airport when we landed on oct 4. got the results next day.

We are from NYC and are a week into our 'quarantine' after a WDW trip but it's really just voluntary since we flew back into EWR and they don't require any info upon landing. We didn't do it to skirt the rules, it's just cheaper and closer to our house to fly to/from there.

These quarantine rules are all arbitrary anyway. NJ has a spike now and qualifies for quarantine under Cuomo but he's just asking people not to go there if you don't need to.

I hope you get to take your trip!

We are from NYC and are a week into our 'quarantine' after a WDW trip but it's really just voluntary since we flew back into EWR and they don't require any info upon landing. We didn't do it to skirt the rules, it's just cheaper and closer to our house to fly to/from there.

These quarantine rules are all arbitrary anyway. NJ has a spike now and qualifies for quarantine under Cuomo but he's just asking people not to go there if you don't need to.

I hope you get to take your trip!
I think it’s a lot harder to get people going and coming from NJ to quarantine. Lots of NYers work in NJ and the reverse is also true. I don’t disagree that a lot of these orders are arbitrary though

I think it’s a lot harder to get people going and coming from NJ to quarantine. Lots of NYers work in NJ and the reverse is also true. I don’t disagree that a lot of these orders are arbitrary though

I totally agree, and I don't think anyone should have to quarantine if they live in NY and drive across the bridge to go to a better mall or whatever. It just makes me "laugh" that NJ and CT have worse numbers than some states on the quarantine list but I have to stay in my house for 2 weeks after being at WDW where I had to wear a mask for 98% of my stay and felt safer than when I'm on the subway :rotfl2:

I totally agree, and I don't think anyone should have to quarantine if they live in NY and drive across the bridge to go to a better mall or whatever. It just makes me "laugh" that NJ and CT have worse numbers than some states on the quarantine list but I have to stay in my house for 2 weeks after being at WDW where I had to wear a mask for 98% of my stay and felt safer than when I'm on the subway :rotfl2:
Oh I agree.
Edited: sorry didn’t want to derail the thread

Last edited:
:wave2: Ok y’all.....probably should move on before it gets any more political. Thank you.

Things seem to change so rapidly, it is hard to say what Feb will bring as far as quarantine rules.

We just cancelled our Nov trip this morning and rebooked early Feb.
If masks are still ongoing for outdoors and fastpass not yet available, we have one more back-up trip booked the last week of our annual pass in April.

We did a resort only stay at Animal Kingdom last summer.
Such a wonderfully relaxing and beautiful resort.
Lots of activity going on but also nice to just sit in a rocker and enjoy the savanna view.
Enjoy your stay!

I thought I read that Disney announced no FP+ for all of 2021. That and many other perks no longer there makes me plan on not visiting again for a few years now.

I would count on masks still being worn in February; that is only 4 months away.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter