Just booked... A Few Questions

chodnett

Eat Mor Chikin
Luckily we go the 20/30/40 Pin and decided to book our December Vacation.

I booked via the phone and the CM was very helpful (although very pushy).

We are staying at the All-Star Movies and I do have a few questions.

1) Is the entire Dalmation building preferred, or is some of it Standard?
-If some of it is standard, which rooms are these?

2) The vacation insurance. Is it worth it? We are driving down, and it seems like I could save the $133.90 for something else.

Thanks!

If you want the trip insurance wait until your final payment date to add it.

It's nonrefundable, so if you accept it now you will be out $133.90 if your plans change. Your $200 deposit is refundable until your final payment date if you don't have the insurance, and if you do have insurance on your reservation the premium will be deducted from your deposit if you need to cancel.

You are driving so there's no airline ticket to cover. You are better off adding the insurance, if you decide to get it, at final payment time since at that point cancellation penalties kick in.

I can't advise taking the trip insurance one way or the other, but it covers more than just the small Disney cancellation fees. Baggage, medical or emergency while on the trip, lost/stolen belongings, nonrefundable items if you have to cut your trip short for a covered reason, etc.

Bump

Still looking for an answer to the Dalmations question.

At the movies, the Dalmations building is ALL PREFERRED.

Preferred Rooms at Movies are: 101 Dalmations, Toy Story and Fantasia

Standard Rooms at Movies are: Mighty Ducks and Love Bug.

At the All Stars - the Standard and Preferred rooms are split up by Buildings - the Suites at the Music are split up in the Calypso and Jazz Buildings.

The Pop Century is the only Value Resort where the Standard and the Preferred rooms are mixed.

Hope this helps.

I would never travel without travel insurance, but I'd check around. I get mine from CAA. Or AAA in the states. You can also look online at the web site insuremytrip.com You can get better and cheaper insurance elsewhere.

Consumer Reports recommends AGAINST travel insurance. If you feel you need it, see www.insuremytrip.com for additional options which might serve your needs better.

READ THE FINE PRINT for any policy before buying it. What do you expect it to cover? Does the policy cover that? Are you sure?

While it's true that once your trip is less than 45 days away, WDTC won't refund your entire payment, they will refund everything except $100 - still less than the cost of their insurance plan. It's only when you get within six days of arrival that the penalty jumps to $200; you still get back the rest of your payment.

What, exactly, do you expect will or might happen within 45 or six days of your trip that would cause you to cancel? Is it something weather-related? Did you know that if you simply delay a vacation, most times Disney will allow you to apply the entire payment - i.e. no penalty - to the later trip?

Consumer Reports recommends AGAINST travel insurance. If you feel you need it, see www.insuremytrip.com for additional options which might serve your needs better.

READ THE FINE PRINT for any policy before buying it. What do you expect it to cover? Does the policy cover that? Are you sure?

While it's true that once your trip is less than 45 days away, WDTC won't refund your entire payment, they will refund everything except $100 - still less than the cost of their insurance plan. It's only when you get within six days of arrival that the penalty jumps to $200; you still get back the rest of your payment.

What, exactly, do you expect will or might happen within 45 or six days of your trip that would cause you to cancel? Is it something weather-related? Did you know that if you simply delay a vacation, most times Disney will allow you to apply the entire payment - i.e. no penalty - to the later trip?

And once you're in-house there are NO REFUNDS. The Travel Insurance that Disney offers is more than just cancellation insurance. It's also Trip Interruption Insurance as well. If you have a 10 night stay and you're paying $8,000 for that vacation and something happens causing you to have to depart early, without Insurance Disney is not refunding anything. However, if you have a 10 night stay and you stayed 2 nights, Insurance will be reimburse you for those remaining 8 nights plus the remaining dining of what you have not used.

If you're going to advise someone to NOT take the Insurance, at least make them aware of the actual facts and not what your perception of the facts to be. While Disney's policy is very flexible and does allow for up to 45 days with no cancellation, consider also if they book flights. That Insurance will cover their change or cancellation fee on their flights as well regardless of if they booked their flights with WDTC or independently.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter