Just back...

Paulaparm

DIS Veteran
...and tried some of the treats I heard discussed on the podcast :)
While shoveling snow a few weeks ago I listened to one of the podcasts about some sweet treats. We made a quick, last minute planned trip for 3 nights and really enjoyed it. We went to Cocoa Beach for a few days first and as we were heading over to Disney, I saw the sign for disboards.com and Dreams Unlimited Travel! It was neat to see it in person :)
So, we were able to try Everglazed Donuts. I had the maple bacon and it was wonderful and took me 3 days to eat! Today we checked out and couldn't check in at New Smyrna beach until after 4, so we headed to Disney Springs again. We bought cupcakes at Sprinkles and 2 cookies at Gideon's. Haven't tried either of them yet, but they certainly look yummy.

...and tried some of the treats I heard discussed on the podcast :)
While shoveling snow a few weeks ago I listened to one of the podcasts about some sweet treats. We made a quick, last minute planned trip for 3 nights and really enjoyed it. We went to Cocoa Beach for a few days first and as we were heading over to Disney, I saw the sign for disboards.com and Dreams Unlimited Travel! It was neat to see it in person :)
So, we were able to try Everglazed Donuts. I had the maple bacon and it was wonderful and took me 3 days to eat! Today we checked out and couldn't check in at New Smyrna beach until after 4, so we headed to Disney Springs again. We bought cupcakes at Sprinkles and 2 cookies at Gideon's. Haven't tried either of them yet, but they certainly look yummy.

Let's keep that New Smyrna info to ourselves! ;)

Let's keep that New Smyrna info to ourselves! ;)
There was a professional organization for Public Safety Communications Officers (and 9-1-1 dispatchers, etc) that I had to deal with when I worked for the PD that was in New Smyrna Beach, which is the only time I've ever heard of this place, and talk of anything with "Smyrna" in it always brings me back to those memories. I always did have great conversations with anybody that worked there. :) Just Googled, and their HQ's are now located in Daytona, and their annual conference is slated to be in Orlando in '24.

• Love
Reactions: GAN

There was a professional organization for Public Safety Communications Officers (and 9-1-1 dispatchers, etc) that I had to deal with when I worked for the PD that was in New Smyrna Beach, which is the only time I've ever heard of this place, and talk of anything with "Smyrna" in it always brings me back to those memories. I always did have great conversations with anybody that worked there. :) Just Googled, and their HQ's are now located in Daytona, and their annual conference is slated to be in Orlando in '24.

Hey Heidi! Yes, I love it there. When I lived in Central Florida, MANY years ago, that was my beach spot on the weekends(when not at WDW of course ..lol), then my parents started renting a place in the winters there because they liked it. I've been back up north here for 25-years now and miss it. Actually this winter was the first year my parents didn't go down there ...so they had a nice 25-year run. Unfortunately, I don't think they'll make it back given their age.

It definitely has it's share of sharks, but if I recall they generally appear actively a couple times a year and usually it's pretty well publicized. Rightfully so, it's best to avoid the water at those times. But I've been in there all different times of the year swimming or boogie boarding with no problem. New Smyrna is a pretty heavy surfing beach, so the attacks are greater because of the number of surfers.

It definitely has it's share of sharks, but if I recall they generally appear actively a couple times a year and usually it's pretty well publicized. Rightfully so, it's best to avoid the water at those times. But I've been in there all different times of the year swimming or boogie boarding with no problem. New Smyrna is a pretty heavy surfing beach, so the attacks are greater because of the number of surfers.
That's what we have heard. Doesn't seem like it will be warm enough to get in the water the next 2 days anyway :(

Mmmmmmm........surfers......nom nom nom.

Sorry - could NOT resist. Bad me

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter