Just back......Wow...BCV, Carnival Cruise, AKV(Kidani) and BLT....Good and Bad. LONG.

This has been the most entertaining trip report I have ever read! Please keep it coming!

Hi, I am JUST LOVING your TR!!! My family REFUSES to stay at the AKV!! Someday I will do so by myself!! Thanks for taking me along with you!! Joan

I'm still giggling over the speedo and have to add with the others who have said you are an amazing mom and you and your ex obviously do love you DD very much....what a wonderful memory she will have.

A side note I am 35....my parents divorced when I was 19...UGLY ---both remarried...they now share 3 (and one soon to follow) grandchildren and my dad and stepmom have 2 daughters. Thanks to DVC we were able to take my whole family to WDW in April 2010 for my youngest DSis' high school graduation. All of my parents put real effort into getting along for all of our sake (esp the grandchildren) and even in my adult life it is one of my most cherished memories....so speaking from experience your DD will be forever thankful!

I just want to thank everyone for all their kind words and encouragement writing this TR:goodvibes I am soooooo sorry it is taking so long.....geez...I realize my title....Just back....is ahem....fraudulent at this point. I'm home over a month:headache:

You and your ex are amazing, doing this for your DD. Thank you for sharing about the special Birthday morning with us.
Thanks.....I hope the conditions stay the same to continue this type of thing in the future.:)

I'm still giggling over the speedo and have to add with the others who have said you are an amazing mom and you and your ex obviously do love you DD very much....what a wonderful memory she will have.

A side note I am 35....my parents divorced when I was 19...UGLY ---both remarried...they now share 3 (and one soon to follow) grandchildren and my dad and stepmom have 2 daughters. Thanks to DVC we were able to take my whole family to WDW in April 2010 for my youngest DSis' high school graduation. All of my parents put real effort into getting along for all of our sake (esp the grandchildren) and even in my adult life it is one of my most cherished memories....so speaking from experience your DD will be forever thankful!

So happy you have those memories with your family. We haven't entered the stage where DD has met anyone. For EX....I guess noone special....for me...Well:rolleyes1 I guess I would need to go on a date before I have to worry about her meeting anyone:lmao:
This is my goal this year....anyway I digress.....

Trying to write a short chapter now.....before I run to work.....been so busy sorry again taking so long.
Kerri

:mad: :mad:GRRRRRRRRR

Sorry everyone....i was midway through my next installment and I pressed some dang button on my computer....don't know which one...and then it went to thanks for posting:confused3

No worries.....i'll just continue on the next post.....
What....it went poof:headache: I hate this computer.....

Dang computer!!!:sad1: I was so looking forward to my daily dose of you trip report, I think I will be very sad when it is over!

Dang computer!!!:sad1: I was so looking forward to my daily dose of you trip report, I think I will be very sad when it is over!

Me to me too. :surfweb: I had coffee in hand bright and early this morning laptop on and thought oh good another story, dang computer!:headache:

Ok....taxi is loaded and we are on our way:cool1: I must say.....now that I'm all packed up and on the way I'm psyched to be staying at BLT. DD really wanted to stay here for her birthday and they didn't have all 3 nights....just the last one. So here we move again. Drive was quick and we arrived at Contemporary at bout 10:35. No wait right up to the counter to checkin:yay:
Ok I say my little room ready prayer....flash my best smile:cool2:...ahem "ma'am....Is there a room ready anywhere??? It is DD's Birthday and we are only here 1 night....I know it's real early though....Can't hurt to check. So she very nicely checks....and......NO Room Ready:headache: Alright....can't have pixie dust everyday. Our room is on the North side looking at Pool and Bay lake and it looks high up so I'm happy.

So off we go to Chef Mickey's. It is 10:47....wow we are gonna make it. So we hop the escalator up and we are at the podium for checkin. Pretty quiet and it's late for breakfast so i'm hoping that the food trays are full. We get seated within 5 minutes. We go to the back room....my favorite....where we are the only guest in there:confused3 Not to worry.....guess we are the 1st of the herd...cause it fills in pretty quick. Take off for buffet after I get my coffee and I'm pleased to say that all "troughs are full":lmao: Giant spread....yummy. Ok here is the plan.....I am not eating that much. It is early and the last thing I want is to feel like I'm going to burst so early in the day. It will be hard though....cause everything looks sooo yummy. I get the standard....bacon, sausage, some cheesy eggs and a biscuit w/gravy. DD gets some mickey waffle and bacon. Kid can plow through bacon....chip off the old block;) EX piles his plate. Typical....he will eat a lot then complain about how he hates buffets cause he eats so much:rolleyes1 Well do what I do.....Shutti the mouthi;) So I just make a comment how he might not want to finish that plate or he will be hurling on BMTRR:confused3 Nuff said.
Characters are out at this point. Gotta say...I do love Chef Mickey. I like the breakfast one better......although...I don't normally do TS breakfast. So after I ate half of my plate....I'm done. I really want some Goofy's lasanga but I'm not bloated and that is how I want it to stay. Mom was good and didn't overload the plate. DD ate bacon and two bites of waffle and her birthday cupcake arrives. So we all sing and swing the napkins.....Woohoo.:cool1:
Alright.....time for the check....TIW...gotta love it:goodvibes
Ok....plan is for DD and EX to go to MK and mom and I to explore BLT and maybe hit a park. So off we go to the skybridge to use our VIP BLT card to get into BLT. DoH!!! door is open...hey anyone could have came in:lmao:

So we walk.....visit the restrooms:rolleyes1 Check out the pool...Wait...is someone getting up from there shaded table right by the pool bar and the lake:dance3: We have our spot:goodvibes Wow.....life is good......Again...weather is amazing. Sunny...but with an awesome breeze coming off the lake. I am enjoying the moment. Taking it all in. The lake....BLT....BLT pool....our shady table. I'm in heaven:cloud9:
At this point it is about 12:30. Hmmmmm I think I will start my front desk stalking calls to see if room is ready:cool2: What you say....my room IS READY:cool1: Oh yeah. Mom....We are off. Of course we realize that our premium spot will be gone by the time we reach the gate to leave pool area:headache: But hey....Our room is READY!!!!:worship:
Off we go to room 8111. Just want to mention.....I might be crazy....But....I don't remember if it was AKV or here....but I think the floors don't align with the room number. Meaning my room was 8111 but I might have been on a higher floor. Though I think it might have been AKV???? Or I might be totally confused....hey I'm working on memory here......and ahem.....I've been back quite a while....this dang TR is taking soo long...Sorry peeps. Ok I digress....back to the anticipation filled walk to see our room......

This TR is like a good book you don't want to put down. I hope you have another trip planned for the sequel!

This TR is like a good book you don't want to put down. I hope you have another trip planned for the sequel!
I have another trip in August. This one should be extremely entertaining. Dad is sick and he wants to make his last pilgramage to WDW with us. EX will be coming again a few days....he will take DD home with him and mom and I will have a 3 days alone....dad will leave early also.

Why you ask....cause he dosen't fly.....let me say....if this next trip happens...hopefully....dad is still OK.....this should make for the most interesting TR because my dad is quite the character....ahem.....

Off to write next installment

Ok.....off to our room:cool1: I love seeing our room for the 1st time. Kinda silly....cause it's not like I don't know what the room looks like from a thousand photos:rolleyes1 But I don't know what my view is.......and I don't know....I just love that anticipation feeling of seeing my new "home":goodvibes.....ahem....even if it's only 1 day. Ok....here we are 8111.....close to North elevators....good location.....lets see the room. Drumroll........Ta Da.....Wow....I love this room. Better than I thought I would actually. You see....before BLT I have never wanted to stay at Contemporary. I don't like the "feel" of the place....or it's modern decor. Gotta say.....I'm loving the feel of BLT. Pool already feels more homey and warm....and my room. Love it. Clean...I don't see any extra wear marks...but I'm not the type to go looking...gotta stick out for me to notice. Ya know....like when i walked in my AKV and saw it was filthy. That I will notice....not a loose hair or dust there:confused3
So it is 1pm and we are in our room:cool1: So bright and cheery. The bathroom doors are not as bad as I thought. I tested them but it is daylight....at night if someone is inside and the lights are off outside:confused3 Lord knows I don't want any unnecessary sightings of EX:lmao: I thank god for the extra bathroom. Let me just say this.....about sharing room with EX. Call me crazy....but 1 bathroom is where I draw the line. I could not have shared a 1br with the 1bath setup. Honeslty....don't know if I would do the 1br again....but I wouldn't even consider it without the 2bath setup. Really it is soooo awesome. And IMO....really gives AKV and BLT an edge with room space....not to mention the extra sleeper chair.
Time to step on the balcony and take in the view. Awesome view....pool....bay lake....sun is shining....hey....mom...someone is sitting at our table by the pool:lmao: So we spend the next half hour admiring the room. Time to get our luggage.....unpacking will be easy....why...cause I'm not. I left my PJ's and clothes for tomorrow on top of luggage and I'm not even dragging it to my room. I shall leave it by door ready for porter to take tomorrow. What i do need is my UPS box with my snacks and booze though;)

Delivery is quick and it is now about 1:40. I consider calling EX to tell him we have room....but we decide....let's enjoy some peace and quiet:lmao: They will find us:rolleyes1 We consider going to Epcot.....but we decide to just chill at BLT to enjoy the little time we have here. I can tell already that I really like it here.....and honestly folks....I didn't think I would love it. OK folks....it is official...I have now stayed at every WDW DVC and ahem.....I love them all for different reasons. Yes I have my favorites....but I wouldn't hesitate to go back to any resort if it was available. And I plan on returning to every one as a matter of fact. This is why I love my DVC....I love the fact that I can stay at so many places.....and honestly...I own at WLV and it still is my favorite....but I would not want to stay there every time....and if that was the case....I would never have bought DVC. I love the flexibility. Ok....commercial over:rolleyes:

Oi.....hit that button again....this time it posted and was not lost thank god!!!!

have to finish later.....EX came in early.....interrupting my train of thought:headache:

So....we are thoroughly enjoying so far just chilling in the room. It is about 2:30 @ this point. Forgot to mention....they finally changed Stacey. Don't know what it is.....but I like her on in the backround at WDW:rolleyes1
Wondering what DD is up to.....hope she is having a blast on her Birthday:goodvibes It is Easter Weekend so I hope the lines aren't horrendous and hopefully EX remembers my lessons on fastpass;) We decide to make a drink and walk around. We walk back to Contemporary pool...I wanted to check out the parasailing.....EX mentioned he might take DD. She is already braver than her mama:headache: Years ago EX did this and I stayed on boat....driver told us that they picked this property because Bay Lake is a "hidden mickey". Well....sure enough EX went parasailing and said from high up...Bay lake does indeed look like a mickey:confused3 So red cup in hand.....the heck with it:rolleyes1 we take our stroll. Parasailing in tandem was I think about $180. Funny.....EX is "tight with a buck"....but he will spend on certain things with no worries. I'm sure DD will back out though.....anyway the day is running away anyway. Geez....phone starts to ring....EX...Doh!!! it's 3 already....maybe I shoulda called:cool2:

So they are headed back....we take the long way through the Contemporary....looked at the shops....and walked back via skybridge. Was going to get a snack....but I think I will wait for dinner. I'll eat some nuts in the room. We get back to room about 5 min before them. EX comes right in and looks around....bipasses the bathroom in the hall....and goes straight to MY bathroom.....to ahem....Christen:scared1: I tell him.....he is to only use the other bathroom thankyou very much:snooty: He says my shower looks so cool.....can he please use it. It has a shower head on ceiling and the wall. Hmmmmm cool I say....Maybe......Maybe.....
DD is running around the room loving it. If anyone loves checking out a room it is DD. She LOVES this:love: She always finds the hidden mickeys. So she deems BLT pretty awesome. She heads out to the balcony and says.....that pool slide looks awesome...Can we go?? Of course DD....this is your birthday...we do whatever you want:hug:

So we suit up......sunblock up.....bathroom up....and liquor up:lmao: and we are good to go. Guess I'm having a liquid lunch today.....yes folks I know it is not MY birthday;) Wow.....a few steps to the elevator....short ride down....Ta Da.....there is the pool. Wow....gotta love this place. Of course it is like Fort Knox here. Need your key to get in building....and to enter the gated pool area:confused3 I guess they expect the masses to try and come here. Anyhoo....wait.....:cool1: My table is available:dance3: Mom and I head for the table in the shade....and EX and DD go to the pool slide. Life is Good:goodvibes Sun is shining....breeze off the lake....DD is playing with her Dad on her birthday.....Mom and I are enjoying our cocktails enjoying our stunning view.....I feel blessed at the moment:cloud9: And I secretly wish for the day that I may be able to be at WDW again....with a man who I love and loves me back. Ok I digress......
Soooo I have to say....I really like this pool area. Why you ask. Well....has all the things I like. Some shady spots check.....pool bar close check.....bathrooms close check.....pool slide close check.....The whole dang pool area in my vision at all times check....and not to mention a pretty nice view....double check:cool1:
Wow.....time is flying. It is 5:15. Time to get in the showers. Ahem....you betta bet your butt I am jumping in MY shower right away;)
Plan is Birthday dinner at Whispering Canyon Cafe at 7. Then we were going up to TOTW for fireworks and watch the dragon aka parade on lake. That should be interesting because they are on opposite sides of lake and going on at the same time.
Off to the showers.....

:thumbsup2 Still here and still loving the TR. I'm actually glad it's taking a long time to write, soon it will be over and it's going to be a long wait until your August TR! :)

Ok....so we are showered up....cocktails made and ready to go:cool1: Although as I am making them I realize I ahem.....don't need anymore. Haven't eaten lunch....late bkfst....and I really should have had that snack instead of my 1st drink on a slightly hungry belly. Writing this.....this is crystal clear.....back then when I had a slight inkling to stop...shoulda listened:headache: So gotta say I do love BLT....short walk to the boats. I was going to do our "cup exchange"....but we were not going on a bus...where you need a cover....and I was already:dance3: and not thinking of ahem.....etiquette or "class":rolleyes1 Short wait for the boat and we are off. Next stop WL:cool1: I love a direct route!

Now I love the boatrides on bay lake. So peaceful....and when I see the WL in the distance.....I can't help but miss it. This place just excudes "peace" to me. I don't know what it is....but just visiting gives me the pixie dust feeling:cloud9: Here we are.....I also love the walk from the boat to the lodge. Walking through the dock, geyser and pool area is just absolutely beautiful. Looking up at the lodge along the way it just magnificent. Ok.....I like the place:lmao: Lobby looks busy. It is Easter Weekend and It is Saturday night at 7...people are hungry. We checkin....get our pager....DD sees kids at the log desk and starts playing. So what do I do.....ahem....run over to the bar in Artist Point to get myself a cocktail.....
Oi....I know. I am hungry.....and I shoulda waited....but no....1st clue shoulda been when mom said.....no I'll wait.:teacher: So I go to get my drink.....kinda annoying cause like I've said before....bartender has to go and get a manager to use TIW card. So I yap it up at bar waiting and set off on my way. Well they must have been busy cause I was hoping to bring this drink to the table by the time I got back....but no they are still waiting.
Probably waited like 25 min total....and we got our table. BTW I did mention at checkin that it is DD's birthday and to try and pair us with a "rowdy" CM.
Well we get seated and he does the zig zag through the restaurant to seat us pretty much close to where we started.....and I knew we were in for it:lmao: We ordered our drinks......OMG....I know....I ordered another one....only this time our waiter gave me a giant one:scared1: and it was strong. I usually order my baybreezes in a rock glass cause I don't like a lot of juice....but I got the big girl glass....with a comparitive ratio amount of booze for the big glass. Uh Oh.....
Well I ordered the skillet.....don't remember what anyone else ordered:rolleyes1 It was yummy....I really enjoyed it although I woulda plowed through anything at the moment. I didn't stuff myself....I should have(to soak up booze)....but I was saving room for dessert. Last time I had pecan pie there I loved it and I was getting it and wanted to enjoy it. Waiter was great.....we got huge water glasses, 25 ketchup bottles....they did the kid horse race....and he made the restaurant sing happy birthday:love: So when we order dessert.....CM says....we don't have the pecan pie anymore:scared1: So I look at him with my crosseyed drunk face and say.....OMG this is so not acceptable....ahem. He looks over and points to the "chef"....who is yacking it up at another table. He says....Hey...I hear ya....let me bring the chef over so you can tell him. OMG I say....I was only kidding....but my favorites always get eliminated off the menu. We are laughing and before I know it the chef comes over. Is there a problem ma'am. I detect a brooklyn accent. Are you from Brooklyn???....yes he says...So we are yucking it up about the neighborhood. So at this point I thicken my Brooklyn accent....not to hard:headache: and I say...."Joe......here's how your gonna make a this right". I wanted the a pecan piea".....you no hava.....your gonna go finda your best iceacream and put a friggin pecan on topa.....gabbish". We make eye contact and we both bust out laughing. He laughed so hard he had to sit down for a minute. When he stopped he said I'm gonna get your icecream. No I say....I was only kidding...I'm actually full now anyway...but it was fun busting your chops. I hope he is there next time....toooo funny. I don't even think he is a chef....just creating a fun atmosphere.
So we pay the check....off to TOTW.....Oi....I think I'm buzzed....ya think:rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter