Just back: VWL, YC, & POR

T

TWOOD

Hi! We returned on Mon. 8/5 from a 10 nt. / 3 resort stay. We had a studio @ VWL (DVC rental), water view @ YC, & water view @ POR.
We had a great time and did all 4 parks, Blizzard Beach, the campfire @ FW, Winter Summerland, & Disney Quest.
Check in was smooth & easy at all 3 places. Ended up in a smoking studio @ VWL, but they sprayed and there was no lingering odor. At YC, our water view was a "patch" of the lake, so they changed our rate to a standard rate - we liked the location because we could sit on the balcony & see Illuminations (room # 3151). At POR, we got exactly what we requested: top floor, corner room in AB 27 (room #2760) - it was an awesome location and the 2 windows opened up the room immensely IMHO.
Beaches & Cream was packed at all hours, especially right before closing at 11pm, but SAB wasn't overly crowded - we always found lounge chairs on the first row. A huge cable tv convention was at both BC & YC while we were there. The food court at POR was crowded every morning, but we enjoyed the food and had no problems. That piano player is a hoot! We noticed quite a few people from FW coming over to WL to swim, but it didn't affect our time at the pool. Many people were using old mugs and other resort mugs at both WL & POR (self-serve).
The transportation was fine too. Parks weren't too crowded, except MK.
Any questions?:cool:

Thanks for your review.Can you tell me if your room at the YC was newly refurbished? Changed my ressie from the Poly to the YC. Hoping to get some info on the newly refurbished rooms.:)

how did you like the studio at WL? I'm thinking of renting one for next June I'm debating between a room at the lodge or a studio at the villas. any info would be appreciated! how was your view? again thanks for any info you can give me!!! goof:)

Belle:
Our room at YC wasn't refurbished. However, it was in good condition and the 5 of us had plenty of space with a nice sized balcony. I met a family who received a complimentary upgrade from a standard view to concierge! They didn't even ask for one, so they were quite surprised. They said the room wasn't refurbished either. We've stayed at the YC & BC 2x's each and have never been disappointed. Have a great time!:)
goofy4mickey48:
This is the 2nd time we've rented points for a VWL studio. Each time has been awesome and much less expensive than staying on the Lodge side. We stayed 3 nights this time, and I prefer the Villas side to the Lodge side. Why? The Villas side is more relaxed and quiet. If you want action, then stay in the Lodge. I don't like being able to hear my neighbor's complete conversations through the walls, and both times I stayed in the Lodge this was a problem. The only views for the Villas are wood's views, but we love sitting on our balcony and just enjoying the peace and quiet of the woods. The entire resort is absolutely wonderful, so whatever you decide, I think you'll have a great time!:)

Thanks for your reply! I like to have some quiet moments as well - i think i'll go for the villas thanks again!! goof :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter