Just Back - Quick Dining Review

WatchinCaptKangaroo

DIS Veteran
First trip to WDW. Had the DDP. 2 adults on a girls trip.

Dinner Pecos Bill - standard theme park hamburgers. The fixin bar was awesome. Lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, sauteed onions and mushrooms. Would go there again.

Lunch Tangerine Cafe - Veggie plate was delicious. Very light and refreshing. Would go there again.

Dinner Alfredos - maybe it was an off night, maybe we had too high of expectations but we found the food to be just ok. The Fettuccine Alfredo was extremely rich and too cheesy. I found the gnoocci to be nearly flavorless. The calamari appetizer was very good and the desserts were great. Would not go there again as Alfredos but would check out the Patina reincarnation.

Lunch - Earl of Sandwich. Had a salad. Really good. The cupcakes were amazing. Will go there again.

Dinner 'Ohana - good but not what I was expecting. Not sure what I was expecting but it wasn't what we had. The food was ok at best. I like my steak near mooing so I found it extremely dry. The turkey, pork and sausage was good but I could make it on my BBQ at home. I love shrimp but I didn't enjoy their shrimp because it was not deviened. Never had peel-and-eat shrimp in a restaurant that wasn't deviened. That grossed me out. The wanton chips were amazing. Will not go there again and regret canceling my Boma ADR. Will do BOMA next time.

Lunch Biergarten - Super delicious. Was our favorite meal of the trip. I preferred the cold buffet to the hot items. My friend was the opposite. Would go there again.

Dinner Big River Brewery at the Boardwalk. Standard brewhouse food. Indifferent if I will go there agian.

Lunch Le Celluiar - really good. Will go there again.

Dinner - Cosmic Rays. Veggie burger was ok - again the fixins bar really made it better. Only ate the veggies off my burger in the end because I was so full from a week of eating

Breakfast Kona. Tonga toast rules.

I'm glad you liked Biergarten. It is our favorite next to Liberty Tree.

We didn't make it to Tangerine Cafe or Pecos Bill last time but for our next trip I'm going to make sure we stop by. They both sound delicious in a counter service way.

I heard rumor that at Peco's Bill they eliminated the LIQUID CHEESE GOO from the fix'ns bar:eek: ...PLEASE say it ain't so!:confused3 ...

I heard rumor that at Peco's Bill they eliminated the LIQUID CHEESE GOO from the fix'ns bar:eek: ...PLEASE say it ain't so!:confused3 ...

I can't say that I saw it there. I'm not a big liquid cheese goo type of gal but I think I would have noticed it. Sorry :(

On a side note, the spinach/cheese dip at Big River Grille was liquid cheese goo. I'm pretty sure they took a jar of liquid cheese goo and added some spinach to it.

Thanks for the reviews.

Just a word of caution if a menu says "peel and eat" the shrimp will not be de-veined. In order to de-vein a shrimp you have to peel it before cooking.

Don't know where you are from, but all through out the south peel and eat means that the shrimp are cooked and served in the shell so they need to be peeled and eaten.

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

Thanks for the reviews.

Just a word of caution if a menu says "peel and eat" the shrimp will not be de-veined. In order to de-vein a shrimp you have to peel it before cooking.

Don't know where you are from, but all through out the south peel and eat means that the shrimp are cooked and served in the shell so they need to be peeled and eaten.

I'm from southern California and here they split the shrimp and remove the vein. Then you peel and eat it. Since the "vein" is essentially their 'waste' (for lack of a better term) it isn't good to consume it.

Not a big deal in the end. It certainly didn't ruin the meal for me. Just an observation.

Watch out for the tag fairy with that quote!:rotfl:

Thanks so much for your reviews. I think I'm going to put the Tangerine Cafe on our list.

Ya, I thought of that after the fact.

Tangerine Cafe was just amazing and perfect for a hot day. It reminded us of Daphnes Greek Cafe. My friend had one of the wraps and she loved it.

Thanks for the reviews!

I'm glad you enjoyed the Biergarten. DH and I love the food there, but our boys don't.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter