Just Back! Loved the Poly

Cplofdisneynutz

Any excuse to go to Disney is a good enough reason
Just returned from a 5 night stay @ the Poly. The magic ended so quickly, but then again it seems no matter how long you stay its always "I wish I was here for one more day."

The resort was as beautiful as we expected, but the rooms are what really set this resort apart for us. There seemed to be so much extra space compared to our other deluxe experiences. DW loved the decor. We stayed in room 3004 Tahiti Longhouse. We had a simple garden view, but it was nice. We really do not spend enough time in the room to justify the "preferred view rooms" so we have no real preferences.

The convenience of the TTC was well worth it for us since EPCOT is where we spend most of our time. The walk was enjoyable and not as far as we expected. We also walked to & from the GF. I had not seen anything mentioned on the boards about this (although I could have missed it being mentioned). We actually found it by accident late our `1st night (about 1030pm) as we returned from dinner @ artist point. we were on a bus to DTD to transfer back to poly from WL. For some reason we went to the GF before this, but not the Poly or CR. So we decided to walk the beach back to the poly. It seemed senseless to go all the way to DTD to drive all the way back. It was a pleasant walk and took us 20 min from GF bus stop to our room.

We have pictures to post on the poly picture thread and plan to do a trip report as well. If anyone has questions will be happy to answer what we can :goodvibes

Glad you liked it! :cool1:
The Polynesian is our favorite. :goodvibes
We walk over the GF alot, it such a nice walk along the beach.

Thanks for your review, I enjoyed reading it. :thumbsup2 I also did the walk to and from the Grand Floridian when I stayed there last month and I thought it was a nice thing to do.

Glad you had a great time! I understand that needing one more day. We went last July for 5 nights and said we wished we had more time. That's why we are going back to the Poly this summer. Looking forward to your pictures!:)

Thank you for your review! We are staying at the Poly in April and can't wait! We too have the garden view and are staying for 5 nights.

I am really glad you posted. I have semi decided on Poly and it is nice to hear that it was a good choice. I always worry about booking the wrong hotel :headache:

I am looking forward to your pictures of the hotel and any information you can offer would be nice.

Thanks for your review. We are going next month to the Poly, and are very excited. I am glad to hear about the walk to GF. When we go the Volcano pool will be closed so we can use the GF pool instead. It makes much more sense to walk along the beach than take the monorail back to the Poly in our wet swimsuits.

It makes much more sense to walk along the beach than take the monorail back to the Poly in our wet swimsuits.
Don't forget that when taking the Monorail from the Grand Floridian you stop at the Magic Kingdom, Contemporary and TTC before arriving back at the Polynesian.

Glad to hear a great review!
It's always been my dream to stay in the Polynesian and I'm going to in 18 days. :woohoo:
The walk from the GF sounds like something I'd like to do at the end of the day. I absolutely love the fact that the Poly has a beach. It will be so nice to walk along it. Thanks for the review.
:goodvibes

Thanks for that review! :thumbsup2

The walk from the Poly to the GF is really nice. From the Poly, just head towards the signage for 'Luau Cove'. You'll start to see signage for the walkway to the GF. The walk takes you right past the Wedding Pavillion and eventually to the main building at the GF. The landscaping is so lush at the Poly you'd hardly know there was a walkway to the GF there. Sort of how the walkway is from the TTC to the Poly.

Your review made me wish I was back at the Poly already.

Hi:

We are looking at staying at the poly while the pool is under reno. I have a daughter who is extremely sensitive to smells and actually loud noise. Does the air around the grounds smell of any type of paints, chemicals etc while this work is being done? I know it sounds like a weird question but she will trigger a severe migraine if she smells any kind of chemical smell.

Thanks,

Deb.

I am really glad you posted. I have semi decided on Poly and it is nice to hear that it was a good choice. I always worry about booking the wrong hotel :headache:

I am looking forward to your pictures of the hotel and any information you can offer would be nice.

thanks Allensfan-glad to hear our post helped. Not knowing what your other choices are, we would say go for the POLY. To be honest with you the poly was never high on our resorts to stay list, in fact it was almost a given that we had no interest. Not sure why, but the theme never really interested us, and we had visited in past trips for meals @ ohana and just didn't feel the need to stay there. We actually only booked the room because it was the ONLY room we could get on WDW property. I have a friend who is a CM manager and she wasn't even able to help me get a room (marathon weekend). We got lucky, were persistent in checking online, got the AP rate and booked it. Having said all that, we became more excited as the trip drew near, and we are really glad we stayed. We will definately stay there again. If you have any specific questions please feel free to ask or PM us and we will gladly provide what info we can. There are also TONS on Poly fans on the boards who can help ease your mind as well. Just one piece of general advice that we can offer is to remember that Disney Magic is something you can help to create or ruin on your own, based upon expectations, general attitude (positive vs. negative) at the moment, & how relaxed you can be. If you remain open minded to whatever comes your way then you will be pleasantly surprised at how well it turns magical for you, even if it was something other than what you wanted or expected. pixiedust:

Hi:

We are looking at staying at the poly while the pool is under reno. I have a daughter who is extremely sensitive to smells and actually loud noise. Does the air around the grounds smell of any type of paints, chemicals etc while this work is being done? I know it sounds like a weird question but she will trigger a severe migraine if she smells any kind of chemical smell.

Thanks,

Deb.

Disney usually does a good job with refurbs while guests are around. I would imagine they will have a temporary wall up around the pool area. You could always request a building that is further away from the pool if it is a concern. I'm sure the CMs @ the front desk will be accommodating with your daughters health condition.

Working on the pictures, getting them edited and posted online (have over 1600) so we will start posting them on the Poly Pic thread soon!

Cplofdisneynutz--May I ask how long it did take you to walk to TCC???
I'm thinking about the Poly and do spend alot of time at EPCOT as we
go during Food and Wine. (No kids)

Thanks!!!!!

Yay! then it will still be open when I'm there.
Although I don't know if I'll be using it, we'll have to see how the weather is.
Good to know though!
:goodvibes

KSBelle - As we were staying in the Tahiti longhouse (closest to TTC), our walk was less than five minutes. Even with that, walking to the Ceremonial Hall didn't take much more than that. And we were never in that big of a rush, so I say you could easily do it in 10-15 from any building. The resort map comes in handy the first couple of days, to help you get your bearings. The buildings and the scenery all tend to look the same, and getting turned around is very easy to do if you "are sure this is the right way" :rotfl: But once you do it a few times, super easy to get there and back. We were lucky enough at check-in that the CM helping us gave us an option on the room. She had two available, and being aware of the walkway, we reqested the Tahiti room, rather than the other which was closer to the Ceremonial Hall.
We stayed at the Boardwalk during ESPN Weekend last year, and the walk to Epcot from there was tremendous too. Definitely would recommend either for folks who love Epcot as much as we do. We hear that Boardwalk fills quickly during Food & Wine time, so the Poly is an excellent choice for ease of travel and not being right in the middle of it all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter