Just back, granny again

Discussion in 'Completed Trip Reports' started by Mustangdi, Sep 29, 2002.

  1. Mustangdi

    Mustangdi Mouseketeer

    Aug 27, 2000
    Ok, at this point everything is still fine and
    we are having a good time. Sat night (1st night)
    we went to Beaches and Cream and used 2 Connection vouchers. We ordered double cheeseburgers and onion rings on one, fries on the
    other and 2 drinks. What can I say, the food was
    good and we shared because it was so much. I just
    had to try the kitchen sink. The announcement
    when they brought it out was fun and the table
    next to us was shocked when they made a mistake
    and took it to them. Confusion for a minute, but
    they got it to us and we dug in. LOL This thing
    is huge and it was a wonderful experience trying
    to eat what we could. I got some good pictures to
    remember this event. We couldn't even try to eat
    very much of it because of all the other food. It
    was one of the most enjoyable things that we did,
    and I recommend trying it if you have vouchers.
    Just make sure that you share because it is way
    too much food.
    Like I said in the first post we mostly stayed
    around the AKL because we couldn't break away
    from all there was to do there. We finally went
    to MK on Mon afternoon and it was very crowded
    for late Sept. We did use fast pass for SM and
    GTMR, 1 hour wait with FP. It started raining
    around 4PM and then the bottom fell out. We
    decided to leave when it slacked for a minute.
    I went to get the car and then it rained really
    hard, like a flood. DS was pushing the stroller
    and he didn't have the seat belt on DGD. He was
    going downhill and didn't make it through the
    flood water. DGD flipped out and landed in the
    flood water and was soaked, but not hurt. This
    is the point where things started to get a little
    rough. We were all soaked, tired and the kids
    were crying and screaming (in unison) all the
    way back to the hotel. Granny had to try to stay calm on that drive, but it was a test to my
    nerves. Ok, we made it back, dried out and
    dressed to go eat. Well, DS and DDIL decided
    that they would wait and go out for the evening
    to eat. My better judgement told them that it
    was not a good idea since they didn't know how
    to get around in Orlando. DS is a taxi driver
    so he said they would be fine. Off they go with
    the rental car and a few maps. Granny is watching
    the kids and they were all fine and sleeping so
    good. OK, granny is an early riser and up at 6
    AM, no DS or DDIL in sight. At 7AM they make it
    back. They had parked the car at 10PM in a bank
    parking lot, lots of other cars there, no signs
    about not parking there. They get back and the
    car is gone. They walk around to the front of the
    parking lot and see a small sign on a tree that
    has a phone # to call if your car is missing. Ok,
    3 hours later and $100 shorter they have the car
    back. Got lost, no sleep and no parks for them
    that day. Granny is having thoughts about who
    won't be making the next trip. LOL to be cont.
  2. snuggles

    snuggles <font color=blue>A good day with short lines...wha

    Aug 18, 1999
    Oh my goodness:eek: Sounds like somebody messed up!! HOpe tomorrow goes better.

Share This Page