New, big clean villas
Fun golf cart rides
Jacuzzi tubs
Fairly inexpensive room service
Informal atmosphere
Miniature golf available
Inexpensive

Negatives:
Cheap decor (folding door fell off track and nearly crushed my 6 year old)
Far from pools (need car or golf cart)
80's rock music piped into pool areas
Seedy crowd (drunken teenagers wandering around property)
Unprofessional staff
Gruelling timeshare tour
Miniature golf is rundown
192 corridor is not nice

We had a good time and enjoyed the space of a three bedroom. Next time, we'll pay the extra money and stay at Vistana Villages or one of the Marriott or Hilton properties.

considering booking a two-bedroom here in december. i can get a great deal through II. which building to request for quiet, scenic view of golf course or water (not a pool)? also, they don't appear to have a fitness room? is this correct? also, i am still uncelar as to the shuttle services they offer, if any. can you help? thanks.

Originally posted by momof2inPA

Negatives:
Cheap decor (folding door fell off track and nearly crushed my 6 year old)
Far from pools (need car or golf cart)
80's rock music piped into pool areas
Seedy crowd (drunken teenagers wandering around property)
Unprofessional staff
Gruelling timeshare tour
Miniature golf is rundown
192 corridor is not nice

We had a good time and enjoyed the space of a three bedroom. Next time, we'll pay the extra money and stay at Vistana Villages or one of the Marriott or Hilton properties.
1. Cheap Decor .. The decor at our condo was as nice as any Disney Hotel in which I've stayed. We didn't have any 'folding doors'.
2. Far from pools .. That would depend on which building you're staying in. Many of the buildings are right next to the pools.
3. 80's Rock Music .. We heard a variety of music at the pool, including 80's rock, which some of us are old/young enough to enjoy.
4. Seedy Crowd .. We never saw any 'seedy' crowds. Just a lot of families who seemed to be enjoying themselves. Perhaps there was a 'Seedy Crowd' convention in town during your stay.
5. Unprofessional Staff .. We were treated wonderfully. Fast check in, and two follow-up calls to make sure everything was to our liking.
6. Timeshare Tour .. We find that spending the 'extra money' to avoid the timeshare tour is well worth it. It's something you may want to think about in the future, if your budget allows.
7. Miniature Golf .. While it could use a rehab, my young sons and I enjoyed ourselves immensely. And it was FREE.
8. 192 Corridor .. Due to WP's prime location, you spend very little time on 192. It's less than 5 minutes to the Dolphin Hotel.
FYI .. Since Hotel Kingdom is no longer running their WP special, you can expect to pay the same rates you would pay at Vistana Villages or one of the Marriott or Hilton properties.

Hi pchpie, wanted to answer your question: we stayed in a 2 bedroom last month with a really great location. We were in bldg.20 which looked out over hole #8 from the back and at a quiet pool from the front. It was not too close to the pool though to hear anything. The pool was across the parking lot and then across the road, so definitely close enough to walk there quickly. It was very peaceful. Plus as you entered the complex, the bldg. was one of the first few on the left which meant we didn't have to zig-zag through the entire complex the entire 7 days! We bought a getaway week from a friend through II; fabulous price for 1550 sq.ft. of space! Also, they did not have shuttle services and I don't remember about the gym. My husband golfed 5 out of 7 days so never inquired about the gym.

Hey, I was giving my honest opinion on the Wyndham Palms so someone trying to pick a resort would not be disappointed as I was. Truly, I went there hoping the reviews on tripadvisor were wrong but found that I agreed with them, as did my relatives. We much, much preferred V.V. and will be happy to stay there in the future. Luckily, we can afford to stay at any of the mentioned timeshares, but I thought saving money on this last trip at Wyndham Palms would be the way to go. I was wrong. I am glad you liked the place, though. Different strokes for different folks.

pchpie,

Building 26 overlooks a natural wetlands/ marshy area if that's anything you would be interested in.

Originally posted by momof2inPA
We much, much preferred V.V. and will be happy to stay there in the future.
I have read several posts from folks who didn't care for V.V. So, you're right. Different strokes for different folks.

My family and I are staying here in Oct.
I see there is a pubix near by.
Can anyone tell me what else is close.
resturants, malls, other food stores?

TIA

Fran princess:

Super Wal Mart is close by also. This is actually better than Publix since you can get EVERYTHING you need there. ONe stop shooping and chearper prices than PUblix

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter