Just back from the Wyndham Palms Resort & Country Club -- any ???'s

I made the reservation through hotelkingdom.com. I had two choices -- a one bedroom villa for $77.90 or two-bedroom villa for $88.90. Since it's just my 16 year old son and myself, I booked the two bedroom, because that's all I need and they didn't offer a three bedroom.

Our dates are July 15-20.

I made the reservation this morning. I should be receiving the confirmation this afternoon. The reservationist at hotelkingdom was confident we would get the reservation.

Will we have to attend the timeshare presentation????

Can someone tell me how to book thru Hotelkingdom.com? I know that you call them, right? I want a one bedroom condo for my honeymoon.

Can someone tell me if the one bedrooms are all the same? I want one of those big Tv's and a big couch!!!

How far in advance can I book thru Hotelkingdom? HM is next March. How much do you have to pay when you reserve? One night stay? What's the cancellation policy?

My gosh - this place sounds like it's awesome!! Is there an area of one bedrooms that is nicer? What all do I need to request?

Sorry for all the questions! But this sounds great!!

Another thought!!

I was reading the post about the whole master bedroom/bathroom one big room. Is this the same for a one bedroom? This may be a problem!!!! Not good!!! My fiance is an early early bird and likes to get up and shower and watch tv, etc (reason why we're looking at this) and I like to SLEEP!!!! I need a place where the bathroom is seperate from the bedroom!! Is that too much to ask for? Anyone know about this?????

I was really thinking about staying here, but now I might move back to looking at the Vistana Resort because of the bathroom thing! I want to be able to sleep in if I want!!!

Daisy57b,
the 1 bedroom hotelkingdom offers is the small 1 bedroom at Wyndham Palms & yes the bathroom is in the bedroom. you can view all of the floor plans they offer by going to wyndham's site
http://www.wyndham.com/hotels/MCOTP/guestrooms/main.wnt
the villa with the bigscreen & big couch is the 2 bedroom villa & it offers a 2nd bathroom down the hall & I dont think you can hear it in the masterbedroom, if you can get the $88.90 rate for the 2 bedroom villa, you may still want to book it there, hotelkingdom.com does not offer all of the floor plans, only the small 1 bedroom & the regular 2 bedroom. you can book thru hotelkingdom.com online. the cancellation fee is $10 & when I booked in march2003 for march 2003, I paid 10% down & then the Wyndham charged 1 nights stay to my card within a day of the reservation confirmation & then the rest when I got there. I dont know how far in advance you can make reservations, you can go to their site & plug in your dates & check it out :D
You will love it there!! request for a villa on the top floor, corner villa for privacy & ask for one overlooking the golf course.

FLeisure,

does your service charge cleaning fees for stays less than 5 days or a week. Thats what always discourages me from staying in a pool home when its just my daughter & I. For my daughters 5th birthday we stayed in a 4 bedroom + den poolhome & paid a $65 cleaning fees since we only stayed 3 days but that fee was split up between 3 families so I didnt mind the fee but if its just me paying I dont want to pay for the home & then an extra cleaning fee on top of that! the Wyndham Palms does not charge a fee for cleaning when you leave, only if you request mid stay cleaning.

Daisy57b- We stayed in a 2 br condo, but my sister stayed in a 1 br. Her condo had the jacuzzi tub in the bedroom, but there was a separate bathroom with a shower just outside of the bedroom.

I think it would be a very nice place to stay for your honeymoon. ;) Best of luck to you!

I have reservations at the Wyndham Palms for the middle of July. I am not really familiar with the area, since we usually stay on-site. I am traveling with relatives and we need something reasonable and roomy - this place fits the bill nicely, I think.

Anyway, can anyone tell me what restaurants are in the area? Are they easily accessible? How far from Downtown Disney?

Also, I have to admit I'm a little concerned about the trailor check-in area. Doesn't make a very good first impression, does it? What's that all about? I assume it's because of construction? I don't really understand. There isn't a building with a lobby?

Any info is appreciated.

I have a question regarding this resort too. I really wanted a 3 bedroom but Hotelkingdom didn't have this available so I booked the 2 bedroom. I did see it on another website for $109 but I'm not comfortable using a site I have never used or heard anything about. I was wondering what do you think are the chances of receiving an upgrade to a 3 bedroom when we arrive? Also, where do I sign up for Wyndham by request? I have seen it discussed here but now can't find it. Thanks!

The trailor for a lobby wasn't the nicest thing but you can see the real lobby being worked on. The resort is so large that you will probably never be back there again. We were happy with everything else.
The area is full of restaurants and small strip malls. You are actually down a half mile or so from 192 in a quiet area across the street from the Orchid Farm.
No - you are not on site but the large, clean accomodations with many nice amenities are sure to be enjoyed. You are 10 minutes from Disney Main Gate too. Close to Celebration.
Remember, this is timeshare so no houseclening unless you pay extra for it. They provide towels and also pool towels. There is a washer and dryer. You will need to bring any kitchen staples you might need like salt/pepper, coffee/filters etc. There is a new Publix just down the road on 192 too.

Niagara2:

Thanks for your prompt reply. I will just have to check-in and forget about the trailer!! Is there a clubhouse?

Actually, I am only staying here two nights, but my cousin and her family will stay five nights. She asked me to find something roomy and reasonable for them and I thought this sounded like a good value.

We are then moving on to the Royal Pacific at Universal.

Thanks again for the info!

Bump to page 1 as alot asking about this resort again! Here you go.

This post has so much great info, thought I would bump it up!

They should have a Wyndham Palms Resort & CC fan club, it looks like a really nice place to stay :)

This is an awesome thread!! Thank you everyone for posting such detailed information.

Anyone have any pictures of this resort to share?

I would love to see more....

Thanks bunches!

:earsboy:

Thanks Newmousecateer pics would be awesome!

We are leaving on Sat this week. I can't believe our trip is finally getting closer, wooohooo!!!!!

:earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter