Yachtmans Steakhouse
Beaches and Cream
Sci Fi Dine IN Theather- supper
Hollywood and Vine Character breakfast
The Plaza Resturant
Tony's Town Square- lunch
Fish and Chip stand in UK

Any Questions?

How was Boma? Did you drink their Frunch?
What did you eat at Beaches and Cream?
How was the food at Sci Fi?

I'd be curious to hear your thoughts and review on the Hollywood & Vine character breakfast as it is fairly new. We have an ADR for Oct. 24th.

Boma Breakfast is a must do for us each trip. It is always very good with lots of selection. The Frunch is delicious and yes we drank it- alot of it :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 They have cereal, fresh fruit, carved ham and pork, all the regular breakfast items, you can have a freah omelet made with your own choices of ingredients (ham, shredded cheese, onion, bell pepper, etc.....) and they have something for your sweet tooth too- sticky buns, cinnamin rolls - all very good!!

At Beaches in Cream my mother and I split the cheeseburger and had onion rings to go with it. I had a cherry coke :) Very good and filling. One other day I had a Cookies and Cream milkshake- delicious!!

Sci FI- we had supper reservations here and they sat us early but it was a face to face car- no problem because we were hungry. They let me order a cheeseburger even though it was not on the supper menu. The rest of my party had ribs and the ruben sandwich- all cleaned their plates. I think the guys could have eaten more though. If you have big eaters you might not get full. My daughter had the chicken nuggets and they were small nuggets- not the nice tenders they have at the other places- she ate them and said they were good though.

Hollywood and Vine was good also. We had a 10:35am ressie so the place was almost empty and my kids had the characters to themselves almost. They all came by the table at least 2-3 times each. The kids got up and sang and dance and had a ball. The food was the usual- ok- not spectacular and the service was a little slow considering the place was almost empty. We had to flag down another waitress and ask for our check and she could not even find our waitress????

babby said:
Here's where we ate:

Boma- breakfast
Shula's
Yachtmans Steakhouse
Beaches and Cream
Sci Fi Dine IN Theather- supper
Hollywood and Vine Character breakfast
The Plaza Resturant
Tony's Town Square- lunch
Fish and Chip stand in UK

Any Questions?

Yes, can you please give me your opinion on each place you ate and an idea on what you ordered at each??? I'm wondering about most of these restaurants so you're reviews would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.... By the way.... Did you take pics that you could post on the food pics thread??? :teeth:

Ms. Mouse-

At Shula's my husband had the crab claws and I had the lobster bisque for app. the crab claws were HUGE and he loved them the bisque was just ok- I did not finish it. For entree we had the filet mingion and the 24oz porterhouse with the twice baked potato as side to share. The dessert was creme brulee. This place is very STUFFY and we will not be returning. The food was good but I did not like the atmosphere or the wait staff. You have two waiters and they seemed very "undisney". They do not bring an entire menu for you to look over - they just tell you and you are supposed to decide what you want to eat from memory- It just was not me- I am an average girl- not hard to please but they made me feel uncomfortable because I did not order wine- I don't drink alcohol! Anyway- just my 2cents

At Yachtman we had lobster bisque- did not like it for app. Filet and porterhouse again. Side of asparagus, potatoes- all very good. Dessert was warm choc. cake- delicious. Service very good.

Tony's for lunch- limited menu, not many choices, small portions I could have eaten more. I had the Chicken paneni (sp?) Husband had spagetti and meatballs, mom had chicken ceaser salad. No dessert, food was pretty good, service great. Will try supper next time....

The Plaza Rest. was a pleasent surprise. I had the burger, mom had reuben, husbacd had club- all very good and portions just right. Daughter had grilled cheese- liked it very much- service great. Will be reutrning here

I think I reviewed the others on the previous post.... Sorry I cannot post pictures- I have a few but do not know how to post them. I am not very computer literate.

Any other questions?

babby said:
At Beaches in Cream my mother and I split the cheeseburger and had onion rings to go with it. I had a cherry coke :) Very good and filling. One other day I had a Cookies and Cream milkshake- delicious!!

QUOTE]

Could you say at what time you went to B&C and how crowded it was? I am planning on a late lunch/early dinner arriving at B&C between 3 and 4pm. I don't want to have to wait forever.

Thanks!

Harambe said:
babby said:

QUOTE]

Could you say at what time you went to B&C and how crowded it was? I am planning on a late lunch/early dinner arriving at B&C between 3 and 4pm. I don't want to have to wait forever.

Thanks!
Because Beaches and Cream does not accept ADRs, the best time to go is around four, but you will probably still have to wait. It is a gem, and lots of people know about it.

:) Harambe-

We ate at Beaches and Cream at 11am this day. We checked in at the stand outside and were seated right away. There are only 3 booths and about 8 or 9 small tables and then counter room available to seat people. It does fill up fast. Every spot was full within min. of us being seated. Some groups even split up at the counter in order to be seated.

One other day we tried to eat there at about 1:30-2pm and we were told the wait would be about 15 min. We didn't want to wait so we picked up a sandwich at the marketplace and went right up to our room.

One other thing- there was a little confusion before I left for my trip if you could order food at the "to go" window. I was told after 6pm you are able to order anything off of the menu from the "to go" area. Before 6pm you can only order ice cream.

HTH :)

babby said:
Ms. Mouse-

At Shula's my husband had the crab claws and I had the lobster bisque for app. the crab claws were HUGE and he loved them the bisque was just ok- I did not finish it. For entree we had the filet mingion and the 24oz porterhouse with the twice baked potato as side to share. The dessert was creme brulee. This place is very STUFFY and we will not be returning. The food was good but I did not like the atmosphere or the wait staff. You have two waiters and they seemed very "undisney". They do not bring an entire menu for you to look over - they just tell you and you are supposed to decide what you want to eat from memory- It just was not me- I am an average girl- not hard to please but they made me feel uncomfortable because I did not order wine- I don't drink alcohol! Anyway- just my 2cents

Not to sound harsh, but you are exactly right. Shula's is "undisney." They are typical of an upscale steakhouse, at which I work. I sell wine to about 70% of my tables and I go to each one with the assumption that they will order wine. I do not push it, but I say something like "Who will be choosing the wine this evening?" as I hand the wine list out. If they say no, that's that. If you are an average girl, as you say, then maybe this is stuffy compared to the rest of Disney. They atmosphere of Shula's is a bit more warm than that of YS. In the past the menu was a football, I am surprised they did not give it to you. The 2 servers are part of a front-back serving system. Many restaurants use it. As I and the OP said, Shula's is undisney. If you want a traditional midwest upscale steakhouse experience, go here instead of YS. I go about every other year.

:wave2: Hello there fellow Louisianian;

Great review & sounds like you had an awesome trip ! :thumbsup2

Also, were you on the DDP?

Was anything ever mentioned at the Yachtsman steakhouse about being able to add the Lobster tail to the Filet Mignon or Ribeye dinner if dining w/DDP? or do you just pay out of pocket? We'll be eating there on our trip in Nov.

thanks alot !

jean

Thanks for taking the time to post your reviews, I enjoyed them. :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter