Just back from the Magic (1/6/19 sailing)

How were the lines to meet the Marvel characters? We are cruising on the Magic 1/20/19. So excited for Marvel days!

Going to be on the same cruise the first week of March. How was Pirate night - was there the dance party and buffet after? I've read that some have been scaled back.

How were the lines to meet the Marvel characters? We are cruising on the Magic 1/20/19. So excited for Marvel days!
Some of the lines were quite long. Suddenly being on the ship felt a bit like being at the parks. With the debut however of Captain Marvel and all of the excitement surrounding the characters it was completely fine and manageable. Much like the parks, if you were in the line for a certain character before their cut off time you were guaranteed to see them. For the ticketed event- Heroes of NY, expect to see Iron Man, Black Panther and Spider-Man. Please DO NOT miss the show that evening, Heroes Unite, it was awesome!

Pirate Night seemed about the same as usual for us, same show. I do not think there was a buffet though. I remember one years ago but not recently.

Some of the lines were quite long. Suddenly being on the ship felt a bit like being at the parks. With the debut however of Captain Marvel and all of the excitement surrounding the characters it was completely fine and manageable. Much like the parks, if you were in the line for a certain character before their cut off time you were guaranteed to see them. For the ticketed event- Heroes of NY, expect to see Iron Man, Black Panther and Spider-Man. Please DO NOT miss the show that evening, Heroes Unite, it was awesome!
Thanks! We do have tickets for Groot and the Heroes of NY. Looking forward to the evening show!!

The Pirate Buffett is usually only about 30 minutes long from 10:45-1115ish. It is very scaled back from the past.
I believe its held in Cabana's.
It was offered on the 5 night Christmas cruise last month.

Buena Vista Theater:
Mary Poppins Returns
Ralph Breaks the Internet
Venom
Black Panther
Avengers Infinity War
Dr. Strange
Thor Ragnarok
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
The Avengers
Avengers: Age of Ultron

Funnel Vision:
Captain America- First Avenger
Thor
Captain America - Civil War

Did you have a semi-formal night on your cruise? My 5 night in December didn't have one :sad1:

What is the process of getting the kids into the Dr. Strange Battle? Do we sign up day of or just show up at show time?

Did you have a semi-formal night on your cruise? My 5 night in December didn't have one :sad1:
We did not have a semi-formal night. I was surprised. However many families who seemed to be prepared for one, seemed to dress up on the last night.

Just because there is not one scheduled does not mean you cannot dress up. I've never gotten the "there isn't one, so we can't dress up" mentality. You do you - as long as it's within dress codes that is.

What is the process of getting the kids into the Dr. Strange Battle? Do we sign up day of or just show up at show time?

Not sure if this is the regular process, but our daughter was asked if she wants to be part of the show as we already where in the theater.

did you see lots of people blogging? :flower1: There were quite a few popular vloggers (including the Dis) who were onboard that sailing. :) I'm waiting for their videos :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!