Just back from the fantasy

We sail in 4 weeks :banana: What is the nightly adult and family show line up? Also, I'd love to hear about ports and excursions.

Were you on an Eastern or Western? What we your favorite things to do on sea days? Did you go to the Spa or rainforest room? If so what do you suggest?

Curious on the check in process. What time did you arrive at the port and what time did you board? Was your stateroom ready at 1:30?

Did you enjoy your cruise?

Thank you!

Other than the 3 main stage shows, what was showing each night in the WD theater?

Wait time at terminal was negligible. We were there shortly after 12 noon and wait time was basicaLLY non existent. Rooms were ready about 1 pm, a bit late delivering luggage ours wasnt' received until 4PM or later. No biggy - we survived.
Deck crowds were ok, I thought the adult pool was more crowded than the family pool actually. After all the uproar about the kids pool, very few used the new family pool (mostly adults there) and the Aqualab was empty most of the time. Too bad but it didn't appear to me that the family and Mickey pools were overrun. The line at the Aquaduck was sporadic - sometime down the stairs to the deck and other times no visible line at all. Waits were mostly in the 15 minute category. Night time was GREAT! especially with the lights around the flume!!

Fast foods on pool deck were NOT very good. Hamburger wasn't hot, bun crumbled (in freezer too long??) hotdog, barely warm etc etc etc

Animators had our least favorite foods -I"m sorry because we loved the restaurant especially the last night. The Baked Alaska was dismal - meringue barely 1/8" thick and a slice of pound cake. Yuk. Luv Beef Wellington but not this one! The pastry was good and the beef perfectly done but the duxelle or pate surrounding it was definitely not to my liking! We expected little of EG but it was probably the best of the dinner restaurants. RC was very good too - if you like snails the Escargot was fabulous!!

Entertainment was everywhere! I would imagine they will be cutting back a bit on this. We had a ventriloquist, comedian, bands, dj's, duet singer with guitarist, etc. Everyplace had someone or something going on all the time.

Best service (and foods) ANYWHERE had to be REMY'S. Never have I had better service. At first I was a bit shy about the food, but decided what the heck, told them to bring me anything but Turbot and I would try it. Needless to say it was a stellar meal. If i started to describe each course i would be raving for an hour - suffice it to say it is worth EVERY PENNY. Yes it is $75pp - but hey, think of it as a shore excursion!!! Many of them are much more than that!! PALO was also good but really doesn't approach REMY in quality of service. Food was very good but not over the top. Please don't take this as negative (though it sounds like it) but REMY'S is SOOO over the top I don't know how any restaurant would be on the same plane.

It is a beautiful ship with everyone aiming to please. I just hope I am lucky enough to make a return trip sometime.

Were you on an Eastern or Western? What we your favorite things to do on sea days? Did you go to the Spa or rainforest room? If so what do you suggest?

The fantasy's first eastern since the preview cruises will be next week, so I would say it's a western and I'd like to know how it went as well.

In the staterooms, is there enough room for clothes for four people since the steamer trunk is gone?

What hours is the Aqua Duck open? And how bad were the lines? Any times better than others to avoid crowds at Aqua Duck?

Thanks for the info!

In the staterooms, is there enough room for clothes for four people since the steamer trunk is gone?

What hours is the Aqua Duck open? And how bad were the lines? Any times better than others to avoid crowds at Aqua Duck?

Thanks for the info!

There were enough drawers for our family of 4 to store all of our clothes for the week with the two closets in a cat 8. There was more desk top space from the classics and we were able to keep the room neat all week. We were on the MV.

The AD was best while the ship was in port or first thing in the morning. It was open 9 a.m. - 10 p.m. most days. The longest wait we had was 25 minutes. On port days we would simply walk up the steps and be the second in line, several times in a row. That was quite the work out!

Were you in Costa Maya at the scheduled time? It's such a short amount of time, I wonder if DCL extended it a little bit.
What type of tastings were offered?
Any navigators you care to share :)?
Thanks!

We were in Costa Maya for the time we were supposed to be. No extra time in any port.

What nights were the 3 main shows? I'm thinking about dinner reservations, but don't want to miss Aladdin, Believe, or Wishes shows. On the maiden voyage I believe it was Sunday, Wednesday, Friday. Just curious if it were the same. Thanks!

Tell me more about Remy! We are going to eat there for our 25th anniversary. How did you order? Did you order individual items or one of the "menus"?

Will try to answer all the questions - it was a fantastic trip!

It seemed pretty crowded at family pools. Satellite adult area is awesome, and was never crowded. Main adult pool was always crowded, it is smaller than on the other ships. THere we kids constantly walking through there, and many of them were with their parents.

I think the main shows were Sunday, Tuesday, Friday. The other highlight of the shows for us was Susan Eagan, the orignal Belle from Broadway, did a show. It was fantastic! Alladin is a great show, the other two were good but not great. The vetriloquist (Taylor Mason) was also very funny. They showed John Carter in 3D on pirate night.

Costa Maya was the scheduled time, no more.

Champagne, beer, tequila and wine tastings.

I thought that the storage space was adequate, even without the steamer trunk.

Check-in and embarking was the best I have ever seen. The new assigned time system really seems to work. We arrived at 11am, no wait to check in (maybe a 5 minute wait for the non CC folks at that time, stood for 5-10 minutes and then boarded ship. Boarding group number 4. Room was ready promptly at 1:30. Luggage delivered quickly.

Our ports were Grand Cayman, Costa Maya, Cozumel, and CC. We did a stingray tour and snorkeling in Grand Cayman, went to an awesome beach spot, the Tropicante, in Costa Maya and snorkeled again in Cozumel. None of these were Disney tours. I dont like to be hearded around the ports in a big group.

We toured the spa, it is gorgeous. We did not take time this cruise to go. We had a great brunch at Palo on Easter. Most of our sea day tiem was spent at the satellite pool.

Food in all of the main restaurants is good. The animation show in AP is really neat. ROyal Court is beautiful and Enchanted Garden is ok. The restaurants seem very crowded. Our servers were not great, they really had some kinks to work out. Our head server was super - and I have never before had a good head server. He was really trying to make up for the server and assistant sever.

The aquaduck is so much fun! Opened at 9am, we went first thing and never had to wait long. They take pictures - so beware!

Did the ship stay on EST when the ships were in port or did the time change to match the local time at the ports?

Thank you!

The ship moved back an hour on the first night of the MV western and went forward an hour Wednesday night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter