Just back from Port Orleans French Quarter...

ciera321

DIS Veteran
We just returned from our first stay at POFQ. We've stayed at almost all of the other Disney resorts except for the values, just Pop in that category.

I went with the assumption that it would be OK, that we were only there for a short 6 night stay and we could go back to our favorites next time. Well, we absolutely loved it!!! After staying at some of the largest Disney resorts, we found the size of this resort to be perfect. The word that kept coming to mind was quaint. The narrow streets, all the ironwork, the various colors on the buildings, it was a very pleasant surprise. I had requested building 5 and we looked out onto the area they play the nightly movies, room 5343. This was a wonderful location, close to everything. My DH would go down to get coffee every morning and round trip from our door and back was 4 minutes! The boat ride to DTD was a perk we enjoyed when we stayed at POR, and used it 3 times.

One evening we went over to Riverside to see Bob Jackson. We saw him a few years back and he seemed even more energetic this trip. I really don't know how he keeps that level, but he is absolutely great entertainer! :goodvibes I can't wait to plan our next trip to POFQ!!!

I totally agree with your description that the French Quarter is a quaint, lovely resort :love:

Me too.
I'm almost positive my next planned trip will be at a MODERATE resort and I want to go back to POFQ becaused I loved it that much!!;)

Thanks for your review. We will be there in 10 days, and am looking forward to trying FQ. I requested building 4 or 5. Glad to hear its a good location. :thumbsup2

Thanks for your review. We will be there in 10 days, and am looking forward to trying FQ. I requested building 4 or 5. Glad to hear its a good location. :thumbsup2

We requested 5 or 6 because I noticed on the map that those 2 buildings were close to the bus stop, but we wouldn't get a parking lot view. View isn't THAT important to me, but I thought it might be nice to have the river or gardens to look at. We would absolutely request building 5 next time. Have a great time and enjoy FQ! :)

We are excited to give another try! Didn't care too much for POR, too big for us, and we don't like the AB section so the Pref. there doesn't work. We do like CBR and the size there doesn't bother us because we book Pref. Thanks for the review, makes us even more excited!!!!

We requested 5 or 6 because I noticed on the map that those 2 buildings were close to the bus stop, but we wouldn't get a parking lot view. View isn't THAT important to me, but I thought it might be nice to have the river or gardens to look at. We would absolutely request building 5 next time. Have a great time and enjoy FQ! :)

We booked a garden view too, and 4 & 5, I saw were close to food court, pool/hot tub, and bus stop? I'm packing :goodvibes

We are excited to give another try! Didn't care too much for POR, too big for us, and we don't like the AB section so the Pref. there doesn't work. We do like CBR and the size there doesn't bother us because we book Pref. Thanks for the review, makes us even more excited!!!!

We kind of felt that way about POR, that's why I was expecting to move back to CSR after our FQ stay. But we were very pleasantly surprised and couldn't have liked it more. One thing I forgot to mention was that the noise level at POFQ was about 0 when we were there. We had people on both sides of us and we never heard a bit of noise from them, or from anyone walking by our door. Plus our mousekeeper, Ofelia, kept our room spotless. Just loved it!!!

How long would you say the walk from POFQ to POR is? We are planning on one of the PO in November and I'm not sold on either one yet, but your post is pushing me to POFQ as long as walking to POR is fairly short.

We stayed at OKW last time and I loved the boat to DTD, so relaxing and so much easier than trying to get there by bus.

HuskerFaninIL said:
How long would you say the walk from POFQ to POR is? We are planning on one of the PO in November and I'm not sold on either one yet, but your post is pushing me to POFQ as long as walking to POR is fairly short.

We stayed at OKW last time and I loved the boat to DTD, so relaxing and so much easier than trying to get there by bus.

For us, two adults and a 7-year old, it took ten minutes to walk from POFQ to POR. The walk is lovely, both during the day or at night. Highly recommend POFQ if you're looking for a mod.

We just returned from our first stay at POFQ. We've stayed at almost all of the other Disney resorts except for the values, just Pop in that category.

I went with the assumption that it would be OK, that we were only there for a short 6 night stay and we could go back to our favorites next time. Well, we absolutely loved it!!! After staying at some of the largest Disney resorts, we found the size of this resort to be perfect. The word that kept coming to mind was quaint. The narrow streets, all the ironwork, the various colors on the buildings, it was a very pleasant surprise. I had requested building 5 and we looked out onto the area they play the nightly movies, room 5343. This was a wonderful location, close to everything. My DH would go down to get coffee every morning and round trip from our door and back was 4 minutes! The boat ride to DTD was a perk we enjoyed when we stayed at POR, and used it 3 times.

One evening we went over to Riverside to see Bob Jackson. We saw him a few years back and he seemed even more energetic this trip. I really don't know how he keeps that level, but he is absolutely great entertainer! :goodvibes I can't wait to plan our next trip to POFQ!!!

Our sentiments are absolutely the same. We tend to stay Deluxe, our fav being YC, but since we'd taken mulitple trips this year, and this last trip was for Christmas week, we decided to try POFQ. And we LOVED IT! Loved it so much we booked the bounceback and we'll return for the nephews' April vacation. The size, the tranquility, the themeing, the boat to DTD, the transportation...we loved it all.

Maybe we'll see you there one of these days! :wave2:

Thank you for your review. I can't wait to go there. We will be staying at the POFQ in July for 19 days.

Regard
jaideo

I always stay at POR, but I always love the view of POFQ from the water taxi on the way back from DTD in the evening. I always end my day at a resort for dinner and take the bus back to DTD. I normally leisurely wind my way over to the Marketplace dock with a brief detour through the Christmas shop every night.....;)

I just love the entire vibe of POFQ at night; it does really look so quaint and beautiful.

I am lovin' reading all these positive comments about POFQ!

Hubby and I are booking our first couples only trip soon, and wanting to do something different this trip, we are strongly leaning towards FQ.
I have been hard pressed to find many negatives at all :thumbsup2

its a beautiful resort. We still prefer the POR tho. Although the size is so much larger, we request preferred rooms, so we always get where we want, AB 18 14 or the building next to it. We love the idea of the Xtra quiet pools and the larger more expansive food court, plus the restaurant (we think) has better options..the store is also larger and for a shopper thats also a Plus, lol
One last thing, the main pool are at fq is more Kiddo like, versus POR...once again whats so great about disney....a resort for everyone...The DTD boat is such a PLUS from both resorts...and we too, walk between them, even sometimes take the bus from MK to fq, as they seem to always get faster bus service....we just take the leisurely walk to POR along the lighted path...

have an AMAZING time at the Port Orleans....FQ or Riverside!

:)
Glad your family had a good time at POFQ! The resort sounds very nice and I look forward to trying it one day! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts