Just back from POFQ

joshiesdad

Mouseketeer
We are back from our first stay at POFQ. It was my dw, DS8 and I and we absolutely loved it. We spent 6 nights in building 6 and it was the perfect location. Close enough to the soda fountains not far from the bus and boat. The pool was a building over and the Campfire was out back. The rersort had such a home like feeling. I loved the size and the room was perfect for us. I had zero complaints. They had a great Halloween party day for the kids that Mickey and Goofy attented. I can't enough about the time we spent there. I also liked that we could walk to Riverside to use there cafe and the pool as well. Had the benefits of the small size with the access to a larger resort. feel free to ask any question.

Bryan

I'm planning a visit to Disney in Dec. 2013 and POFQ is on my short list of hotels to stay at. It sounds worth the extra cost (since I'll be by myself). How were the beds? The one I slept on at All-Star Movies was kind of stiff. It looks like its one of the smaller resorts. Is building 6 a preferred location or a location that costs extra? I'm not against walking though so even if I was further away from the main building/bus stop it wouldn't be too much of an ordeal. How was the busing?

Awesome! Glad to hear you had a good trip, I hope we can stay there next year!

Glad you enjoyed your stay at POFQ! When we stayed there last year, we loved it. We were in Building 3; close to everything. That's what I love about FQ. All the buildings are close to the food court and bus stop.

jnoble82, the resort is small and compact so any building you stay in is going to be close to the food court, pool and bus stops. I think the only upgrade at this resort is the water or river view, other than that you can get a standard room.

Thanks for the great trip report!!! Glad you and your family had a great time at FQ! I think thats so cool that Mickey and Goofy came for Halloween! I would love if that ever happened when I was in the world.

Glad you used both resorts amenities! That is such a great perk!

Again - glad you enjoyed your time spent in the world!

-FantasiaMagic pixiedust:

We did not request any upgrades or views in our reservation so I am assuming building 6 was just a regular room. The queen beds were ok. Noting like home but I have definently slept on much worse in a hotel. The busses were not bad at all. The Magic kingdom and the Hollywoood Studios busses are for FQ only we did have to share with Riverside for the other parks. We never really waited very long and we always got on the first bus that came. The boat to Downtown Disney was a great perk of the resort too.

I'm happy to hear good things about POFQ since we're headed there January 5. We're stayed at POR but can't wait to try out a new resort. :) Glad you had a great time!

I have always stayed at POR, but there is just something beautiful about POFQ at night, when riding on the water taxi to and from DTD...... it seems like such a quiet and tranquil resort.

I'm happy to hear good things about POFQ since we're headed there January 5. We're stayed at POR but can't wait to try out a new resort. :) Glad you had a great time!

We used to love POR (Dixie Landings too) but it only took one time at FQ to change our travel destinations from then on. So much more compact. Love the New Orleans atmosphere and it is just a beautiful LITTLE resort.

We stay POFQ if mod, WL if deluxe, and Pop if value.

Would love to hear more details about the Halloween party. We were thinking of planning a trip for Halloween next year...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter