just back from okw

C

crazyaboutdisney

just got back from okw today , and even came home with some bcv points. weather was a little cool, just the way we like it. it seemed that the pool heater was not turned on a couple of the days. we own at bww and this was our first stay at okw. we liked it but missed the night time activity. gotta love the character caravan, it beats waiting in line at the parks. went to the dvc meeting on wed. morning and bought points thursday morning. we had to wait in line because all the meeting rooms were full, everyone buying bcv. three trips in 9 months, too much with a 1yr. old and a 6 yr old but we got our moneys worth out of those annual passes.

That is absolutely amazing that you had to wait in line to buy the BCV membership.:eek:

This should quiet any critics of DVC. Incredible.:)

we were in building #64 and we loved it. it is close to all tha activity and close to the golf course. does anmyone know if the course is closed on tuesdays, no golfers or flags on the greens. remember that building #64 has no direct parking but you can park close by. the elevator was great because of the stroller.

Sounds like you had a great trip! Wonder if the BCV lines are because of many states not yet being approved for direct sales.

We are new to DVC, having just purchased BCV on 2/3. I am curious, what is the DVC meeting you referred to? How do you find out about it? Is it just a big sales pitch?

the meeting is an informational meeting for members or anyone thinking of joining. a sales guide runs the meeting and asks and answers questions. they left a message on our phone inviting us. coffee, juice and danish are provided. it was a good time and cost us $7000 for the add on. oh well it's only money!!!!!

Originally posted by dvcreg
That is absolutely amazing that you had to wait in line to buy the BCV membership.:eek:
And no waiting in lines for the characters?

What is this topsy-turvy world coming to!! :D

In reference to Doctor P's quote above:
Sounds like you had a great trip! Wonder if the BCV lines are because of many states not yet being approved for direct sales.

I just got off the phone with my guide about an hour ago, and asked her about purchasing remotely from North Carolina, and she claims that as of right now, NY is the ONLY state from which you cannot purchase remotely. Just FYI. Don't know if I should post that as a thread or not.

Did you find it a terrible inconvenience to not have parking right outside building 64? That's one of the buildings we have requested for our upcoming trip (ie 23, 62 or 64) and the more I hear about it not having direct parking out in front - I don't like it. Please elaborate. Thanks.

it didn't bother us since we did not have a car. you can park on both sides of the building or across the street. if we were going back with a car i still would like building #64. the elevator is a big plus.

I can relate to that Trudyz. We went to a "free reception" for members aboard the Disney Magic, and ended up adding on a VWL membership. :D :D

i am a real estate broker and my dream job is to sell for dvc, everybody always seems so excited to be buying!!! i also would like to drive the boat between okw and downtown disney. my wife did not agree. yes it was an expensive breakfast but one we will be able to taste for 41 years!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts