Just back from OKW.........and enjoyed every minute.

ncligs

Registered
To continue from the "Live from OKW" thread, we got back thursday in Ohio_Our flight from Orlando was both on-time and non-stop. After getting off the plane(carrry -ons only) in Orlando last friday, we were in our rental car
transam-front-red.gif
(National Emarald Aisle) and at OKW 30 minutes after touching down at MCO.

We checked in at 12:30 and was told our room was ready
biggthumpup.gif
,it was buliding 26 (room 2625).It was right over the bridge across from the HH house and main pool
splat.gif
,we were on the end unit 2nd floor(end unit doesn't have 3 floors).We made our ressies at the 11 month window(top floor,non
smokin.gif
,buildings 11-14). The resort was 100% booked for the week.We had a 1BR for 6 days for the 4 of us(DW,DD 16,15 yr old niece from San Antonio). It was our 1st time in this area(building 26) and I would gladly stay there again
biggthumpup.gif

We went to Goodings on the first day for the usual groceries(breakfast stuff,beverages,coffee,snacks,etc), my DW doesn't cook on vacations, and I don't blame her;) . We went to Universal on Saturday(for niece) and MGM on tuesday.

For dinner, in the evenings, we went to Tony Romas,Chiles,TGIF,Bennigans for our off-site restraunts.We had breakfast one of the days at Olivias, and it was very good.

Our DD and niece were in the pool every afternoon.The temperature was great all week (71-82 degrees and sunny :cool: ) It was a great week at OKW for us and we always go down during President's week to get away from the Ohio cold
stanico.gif
and we couldn't have timed it better :p ,considering the snow that hit back home.

We went resort hopping(rental car) to show our niece VWL,BWV, BCV's.The Boardwalk was packed with people on Saturday night.

Here is a tip for people that don't want to bring there lap tops through the airports, and want to check
pcangry.gif
e-mails,etc. The Boardwalk and Yacht club have business centers with internet access, but the price is high:mad: ($10 for 15 minutes=$40 hr). There is a Kinkos on 535(across the street from Chilis) turn left on 535 at McDonalds, and it is only 2/10 of a mile on right side. Kinko's only charges "$12 per hr",with cable modem access. And since it is only 2 minutes from Downtown Disney, it sure beats BWV's price of $40- hr.;)

P.S. Every guard that was working the gate at OKW said "Welcome Home" every time we drove in.:D

Sounds like you had a great trip! Thanks for the report. We can't wait to go "home" in July.

Thanx for the report, ncligs. I'm glad you had a good trip!
I'm also glad your back, as I was beginning to miss all your smiles! :cool:

Glad you had a great time! I love hearing about trips! And thanks for the info on internet access. I noticed VWL had internet access at the payphones. You could log onto Disney's website for free but I didn't see what the charge was for anything other than Disney.

I was wishing I was there while the snow just kept falling....and falling....and falling.....:(

Originally posted by anniet
I love hearing about trips! And thanks for the info on internet access. I noticed VWL had internet access at the payphones. You could log onto Disney's website for free but I didn't see what the charge was for anything other than Disney.

Anniet,
OKW has internet access also next to Olivias, but the price is worse than BW's business center price of $10 for 15 minutes:( . At OKW it is $1 per minute for internet access next to Olivias.:confused:

Sounds like you guys had a great time. We just made ressies for our first trip home in Oct. I requested bld 62--since we want elevators, close to hospitality house, pool, store etc. Just incase we cant get that bld, which other do you suggest that has what we are looking for??

Originally posted by 4greatboys
I requested bld 62--since we want elevators, close to hospitality house, pool, store etc. Just in case we cant get that bld, which other do you suggest that has what we are looking for??

I would try for 11-14 or 23-26 if you can't get building 62.All of the buildings that I mentioned are very close to the HH and main pool.You can't go wrong with any of them.Building 62 is the absolute nearest the HH though.;)

Originally posted by mlshields
Nick & Cindy -
What type of room is it in your OKW picture?

The picture is the top floor of a 1BR or 2BR at OKW.;)

Glad to hear you had a good time.
How far is Tony Romas from OKW??

Originally posted by mrsdon
Glad to hear you had a good time.
How far is Tony Romas from OKW??

It is only 5 minutes by car.Just go past DD and turn left at Croosroads(RTE 535) and it is 2/10 of a mile on your right in a Plaza.;)

Glad you ejoyed your trip "HOME" and was happy to read your trip report, sounds like you all had a nice time!:D

It sounds like you had a great time!:D
We're getting excited for our first DVC trip............not too many more days:D

Thanks for the trip report Nick. I wish I had been at OKW last week instead of in the middle of the worst ice storm I have ever seen. We were without power for 6 days but very fortunate as there are still some without power and major property damage. It is nice to be home and back on the dis.:D I can't wait for our next trip July 27. So glad you enjoyed yours!

Thanks for the report, and special thanks for the hilarious use of graphics! We're still laughing at the graphic for "e-mails".

Tell me - if the resort was 100% sold out, what was the crowd like at the pool?

We are considering going in Feb next year - - we usually go the last week in March, but our ability to live without sun for long periods of time is growing weak..... I really think we can't wait till March any more.... (having said that.. 31 days till our trip!)

Sue

ps - first tribe spring training game - this friday! our motto "can't tell the players without a score card".... but that still won't dim my enthusiasm!

Originally posted by SueOKW
Tell me - if the resort was 100% sold out, what was the crowd like at the pool?

Sue, if you got to the pool by 11:00 am-12:00 pm you had no problem getting 3-4 chairs together.After 2:00 pm most of the chairs were taken. The pool didn't really seem that crowded even for a 100% occupancy.
We go Presidents week every year, ad the parks don't seem that bad either, but we don't go to MK, I hear it is pretty crowded
biggrininvasion.gif
over there.

P.S. We have season tx for the Indians Single A team the Mahoning Valley Scrappers.

hey ! ! great news re: pool... mk we will go on early entry days, and e-ticket nights!

thanks... pres week it will be....
sue

ps - AA - Akron Aeros package for us! Where 2 seats for 14 games costs $190...... 14 games!!!! Now that's good, cheap entertainment. I'm with you!

And i'm sure there will be plenty of seats available in C-town this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter