Just back from DL, DCA AND Club 33!!

Peter Pan Fan

Mouseketeer
Just got back yesterday afternoon :( from a fun trip. We loved DCA, it was much better than I expected. It reminded us a great deal of MGM studios.

We stayed at the Portofino Inn & Suites in a "kids suite" room (no kids, but that's all they had left). We really liked this hotel, the rooms were very spacious and the service was great.

Club 33 blew me away. Even better than I had expected! Our reservations were for 11 and we didn't get out until almost 1:30. Lunch for 5 cost us $270 before tip! I bought a pin which I proudly displayed on my hat and I "stole" 2 swizzle sticks It was an unforgettable experience.

We also enjoyed Downtown Disney, much smaller than the one at WDW but we loved it! They did an excellent job with the limited space that they had.

DL was, of course, wonderful! There was a threat of rain on Saturday a.m. and thus it was completely empty until around 10-11. Literally there was no one in line for the Matterhorn at around 1/2 hour past park opening! It was great. The crowds were steady the rest of the day and on Sunday but DCA was very uncrowded.

If you have any questions, I would be more than happy to answer them :D :D

Susan

Susan - I am glad that you had such a great trip. I was thinking about your Club 33 Dining Experience. I am glad to hear it exceeded your expectations. :)

logo.gif

Isn't Club 33 the best? I wish all the animatronics still worked the way Walt wanted it to work. I love the food in Club 33. It is the best part of our trips to Disneyland. Thanks for the great report.

Steve

DL 1975 Off site
DL 1978 DL Hotel
WDW 1983 Off site
WDW 1984 Off site
DL 1993 off site
DL 1994 DL Pan Pacific
DL 1995 DL Hotel
WDW 1996 Polynesian Tahiti Lagoon view
DL 1997 DL Hotel
WDW 1998 Polynesian Tuvalu Lagoon view
DL 1999 DL Hotel
WDW 2000 Polynesian Hawaii Lagoon view Concierge
DL 2000 DL Hotel corner suite Concierge
WDW 2001 Yacht Club
WDW2001 Polynesian Hawaii Lagoon view Concierge

NEW Polynesian pages!!! http://www.geocities.com/wdw51502001/polynesi

How did you get into Club 33? We heard about it on our trip last week, but the cast member said annual dues are like $7500 - 12,000 a year! Is it accesible to the public?

1988 off site
1992 CB
1996 ALM
1998 CS
2000 GF June/July Honeymoon!!!
2001 Disneyland - Disneyland Hotel
2001 Wilderness Lodge -one year anniversary!!!
2001 Pop Century!(Going for Christmas and New Year's Eve!!!!)

There is a waiting list but the cost of a membership is $10,000 and $2,500 annual dues, unless they have gone up.

Steve

DL 1975 Off site
DL 1978 DL Hotel
WDW 1983 Off site
WDW 1984 Off site
DL 1993 off site
DL 1994 DL Pan Pacific
DL 1995 DL Hotel
WDW 1996 Polynesian Tahiti Lagoon view
DL 1997 DL Hotel
WDW 1998 Polynesian Tuvalu Lagoon view
DL 1999 DL Hotel
WDW 2000 Polynesian Hawaii Lagoon view Concierge
DL 2000 DL Hotel corner suite Concierge
WDW 2001 Yacht Club
WDW2001 Polynesian Hawaii Lagoon view Concierge

NEW Polynesian pages!!! http://www.geocities.com/wdw51502001/polynesi

Please tell me - what is club 33 - it is not in any book i have read?!?!

I'm a DCA fan--glad you liked it! We have Club 33 reservations for May 26--they were very hard to come by this time; would have preferred the 12th, 13th, 19th, or 20th, but I'm definitely not complaining! ;)

Susan from CA

Disneyland-Too many times to count!
Off-site 1988
All Star Sports 1997
Beach Club/Wonder 2000
Beach Club/Magic 2002

flowerface.GIF
<font face="Comic Sans MS"><font color=navy>Susan,

So glad to hear you had such a good time. I'm another fan of DCA, though I can't say the same for Club 33 since I've never been. I'm glad you were able to go, and had such a memorable time. :)

More Club 33

<font face="Comic Sans MS"><font color=#FF0066>Mary Jo
mms.gif

Disneyland & Techie Boards Co-Moderator
galw.gif

Font Hints
DIS websites

Hi Scanne - We got in because my uncle works in the grocery business and knows someone who has DL as one of his accounts. So we were a guest of a member. Our waitress said that those are the most common type of people that you will find eating there - most are guests and not members. It was incredible to have the chance to eat there - I will never forget it.

Hi tkggodisney: Club 33 is a private, members only club located in New Orleans Square. From what I have heard, Walt built it to honor his original 33 investors and give them a special place to go during the park. It is the only place inside DL that serves alcohol. The decor is very fancy, but they really make you feel welcome. They serve a buffet for lunch and for dinner there is a menu to order from. It was a fantastic experience!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter