Just Back from DCA

scroot

Mouseketeer
DW who has JRA and I just returned from a trip to Disney's California Adventure. I couldn't find much access information before we left but we were generally pleased. The onlly bummer was a lack of companion restrooms. The only one is at First Aid which is right in the middle of the park but not near anything (this is also the situation at Disneyland).

I can't figure all of the bad press about DCA we loved it! It could use a couple of more big attractions but we had an eaiser time finding things to fill our day there then we do when we visit AK.

The best thing was that when Disneyland was jam packed an you couldn't get around DCA was nearly empty and just lovely when all the lights come one. I say go now before they add a couple new attracitons and the place gets so crowed you can't wheel around.:p

I am glad you liked it! It really is a very nice park. You are absolutely right, they need a few more attractions, the park is not finished yet. It is certainly much more accessible than Disneyland park. :D

Where did you look for accessibility information? Just wondering... we have the Disneyland Board here, and are affiliated with Laughingplace.com which has some disability access information. Did you look there and not find what you needed? Just curious.

I'm surprized they don't have more companion restrooms considering how many they have added at WDW.
I'm glad you liked it. it looks pretty neat from the stuff I've seen about it.

Sue, the park is very compact compared to the parks at WDW. Not that that is a Good excuse... the normal bathrooms are also pretty good sized for wheelchairs, at least the ones I saw.

They could always do better.

While the park is compact we always seemed to be in one of the corners when we needed the bathroom and it was never close. The park is 55 acres and when you have to cris-cross. . .

As to where I looked laughingplace and mouseplanet and didn't find that much that was helpful.

The companion restroom thing just hasn't caught on out here.:(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter