JUST back from copper creek cabins full report

Dennis DVC

Mouseketeer
We decided to hit copper creek cabins for the 1st time, we had done the bungalows and always said we would try these in winter It was awesome!

let’s Start w the flight,

you stay social distanced then the plane gets in the air, they hand out cookies, cheese it’s, soda, water , etc and 99% of the plane takes off their mask to eat for an hour ( face palm) what was the point in socially distancing again ? 🥴

we got there and wilderness lodge was DEAD! Now it did pick up closer to the weekend but midweek was a ghost town and we loved it.

checked into the cabins which were BEAUTIFUL but a couple wierd things
1 the fireplace doesn’t put out heat it’s purely for aesthetics which i didn’t expect
2 if you try and use 2 showers at once or a shower and a bathtub the pressure drops and you lose hot water, did not expect that w such a high priced room.

that’s all the complaints the rest was aces ! the kitchen and living room are huge and inviting, waking up w the steam off the lake and the hot tub at night was a nice switch as the bungalows aren’t heated they are just a reg puddle pool.

MK and MGM (yes it’s still mgm to me and will forever be that way ) were mobbed, if you get there early though you can get most done before the Crowds pick up. We rode every ride we wanted to ride in both parks in a day which was awesome...13 miles but awesome.

Next day we did Ak and Epcot which were dead, especially ak. We finished ak so fast we had to go back to the room to kill a few hours before the park hopping kicked in.

‘’then we spent A few days in disney springs which was slammed, gidions bake house line was insane (we didn’t get in) art smiths and bar george were spectacular and moto was good too but def ranked behind the 1st 2.

the whole mask thing was a bit of a joke from the plane down to when you eat, we were sat literally at a door once and everyone walking in needed to wear one then like magic when you sit your saved lol it’s like it knows you got a water on the table 😂 disney has a ton of ppl walking around the parks policing the masks so def i would advise booking sit down meals to relax. They have relax stations but it’s usually also the smoking section or at least the few we stopped at which was super annoying to smell cigs and not really relaxing at all.

last we circled back to mgm to give Star Wars land a full day it deserves, was kinda shocked olgas is a bar, wasnt expecting that or how the fuzzy ton ton makes your face go numb. The food they do serve is weird but awesome. A lot of stuff i got no clue what it even was but was happy i tried it. Amazed at how big a tifighter was, i imagined them much smaller. Loved how on rise of resistance yiu get that 50s prime time vibe where they are rude to you purposely calling you rebel scum.

2 things i would give a heads up to disney travelers even if you have been 1000x ....you will get lost in epcot lol even if you know it well the walls are so confusing disney really should put temp maps on the walls like NYC building sites and the second is don’t be afraid, its a blast! We loved this trip so much we booked again next month. In the words of warren buffet “ be greedy when others are fearful”😉

hope this helps ppl on the fence

What airline were you on? I figure people try to use food and drink as an excuse but for it to be so prolonged is surprising. Especially all the news in the last few months about people being kicked off, etc. I'm less concerned with the actual airplane than with the airport and crowded parks. I'm dying to get down there, but I still can't pull the trigger. We have been super careful the entire time so I don't want to jinx it! On the other hand, this isn't going away so I guess I gotta just figure it out.

Great report Dennis. Have you stayed at the Polynesian bungalos? I’d like to know how they compare.

yes i have posted about it here before aswell so you should be able to dig it up you see my name. so here’s the differences we noticed

1 poly you have a gate that opens onto docks for about 4 bungalows so the only ppl who can get close has to be staying in 1 of those 4 bungalows, here anyone can walk up.

2 floor plans damn near the same, but the deck can the lanai is the difference. poly is exposed and has a super cool swing vs here is cover BUT you get the fireplace you can see from outside and inside.

3 the plunge pools...copper creek it’s a hot tub w jets at poly it’s just water in a hole in your deck.

4 poly you can order the ohana dinner to your room, here you cannot

5 the lay out in the living room is different furniture wise, poly had a murphy bed my kids loved in the living room copper creek has pull outs so the kids more stayed in the room vs the living room. And really the fact the bungalows are more spread out and over water we didn’t mind as noones sneaking up, in the cabins someone can def creep up if they wanted to

6 lastly the points! poly was way more points

so my recomendation still is bungalows for the summer and cabins for the winter just wish there was a way to mix the beach club pool on all this lol

What airline were you on? I figure people try to use food and drink as an excuse but for it to be so prolonged is surprising. Especially all the news in the last few months about people being kicked off, etc. I'm less concerned with the actual airplane than with the airport and crowded parks. I'm dying to get down there, but I still can't pull the trigger. We have been super careful the entire time so I don't want to jinx it! On the other hand, this isn't going away so I guess I gotta just figure it out.

not really trying to dry snitch on anyone because the flights were fantastic the crews were great and welcoming.

I have since spoke to several guys at work who travel for us and they said it’s the same on every airline. if someone is eating or drinking which they all allow it’s gonna happen. now i can see where a stewardess may walk over and ask somebody to speed it up and somebody can give them an attitude and it can escalate very quickly, but if you treat ppl w respect i think noones going to stop it. if that is something that makes you scared in anyway I would strongly recommend driving and not flying. because the odds are it’s going to happen and i wouldn’t want to see anyone be in that situation where they truly believe that their life is at risk and emotions take over. Same in the parks, we were on rides where ppls mask flew off in front of us, others w their nose out, some in line trying to catch breath...so again if that scares you i’d say stay home because i can assure you at some point you will be next to someone on the plane or eating or in the park where there’s no mask.

not really trying to dry snitch on anyone because the flights were fantastic the crews were great and welcoming.

I have since spoke to several guys at work who travel for us and they said it’s the same on every airline. if someone is eating or drinking which they all allow it’s gonna happen. now i can see where a stewardess may walk over and ask somebody to speed it up and somebody can give them an attitude and it can escalate very quickly, but if you treat ppl w respect i think noones going to stop it. if that is something that makes you scared in anyway I would strongly recommend driving and not flying. because the odds are it’s going to happen and i wouldn’t want to see anyone be in that situation where they truly believe that their life is at risk and emotions take over. Same in the parks, we were on rides where ppls mask flew off in front of us, others w their nose out, some in line trying to catch breath...so again if that scares you i’d say stay home because i can assure you at some point you will be next to someone on the plane or eating or in the park where there’s no mask.
Thanks for the feedback! It is appreciated. You just never know with the news these days. They made such a bid deal of some of those altercations on the planes that you don't know how commonplace it is.

Thanks for the feedback! It is appreciated. You just never know with the news these days. They made such a bid deal of some of those altercations on the planes that you don't know how commonplace it is.
that’s why i wanted to post from start to finish of the trip. we were scared as well when we booked and we saw the news too, i just wanted everyone here who loves disney to know what it’s going to be like and you can then make a decision based on your families needs. i would never want to see someone get on a flight or get to the parks and and feel like they were lied to. so i hope this helps ppl to make a more informed decision whether to fly or drive or whether to go or not go. thanks

How was the noise from the lake at the Copper Creek Cabins? Im concerned about the boats...I know we will hear the water parade at night!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter