Just back from AoA LM 54 Pics! + 71 more of other areas at AoA and a food pic link

I have never posted pics like this before so please let me know if you are all able to see them.
:wizard:
I loved the theming. If anythong looks cheesy in the pics, it is only that they do not do justice to the resoret in real life. The theming actually blends in with the sky at times and you cant tell where the resort ends and the sky begins, It's beautiful. Inside the rooms you are also imursed (SP) into the world of the little mermaid, it's like you are under the sea. There are hidden mickeys, some of which you can see in the pics, that my kids found and they are well done.

I think the walk is a bit much to the food court, I know you walk the parks all day, but to just get a drink, it's a lot. I think the distance between the lion king and the lm is a bit more making it longer. The service in the food court was poor at best but hopefully this will improve.

The nightstand is smaller than the other values and I think the beds are too, but I liked this, more space in the room is better than I bed I only sleep in for a few hours.

I like the fridge but hate loosing the drawers so I also posted pics of the hnagers we use (sweater and shoe) to help organize our things and I bring lots of our own hangers. We go for 12 - 18 days and even with doing laundry still need to bring a lot of clothes and costumes and bathing suits etc .

I ike the safe and the fact you enter your own code and liked the way you just swipe your card in front of the door and it opens. I found the fence around the pools to be a little restrictive and kind of ruins the view.

I like an outside entry so would not be liekly to stay in the suites as the have a common corridor and no acess to outisde from the room. The theming of the suites is very nive, but I think the walkways add another dimension and the flat walls are not as nice as the multi dimensional look the walkways offer.

The curtian that seperates the sink area from the room is also very nice. This is a great feature when getting dressed but you want light in the room.

Overall I think the rooms are very well done. You can walk across the bridge to pop and the walkway goes around the entire resort area of pop and AoA. There were 4 busses to pop while I waited for one to AoA so I jumped on one to pop and got back that way then ate at pop and wlked around to LM from the 50's section (you dont have to take the brigde)

If anyone has any questions, I'll do my best to answer

:goodvibes

I have never posted pics like this before so please let me know if you are all able to see them.
:wizard:
I loved the theming. If anythong looks cheesy in the pics, it is only that they do not do justice to the resoret in real life. The theming actually blends in with the sky at times and you cant tell where the resort ends and the sky begins, It's beautiful. Inside the rooms you are also imursed (SP) into the world of the little mermaid, it's like you are under the sea. There are hidden mickeys, some of which you can see in the pics, that my kids found and they are well done.

I think the walk is a bit much to the food court, I know you walk the parks all day, but to just get a drink, it's a lot. I think the distance between the lion king and the lm is a bit more making it longer. The service in the food court was poor at best but hopefully this will improve.

The nightstand is smaller than the other values and I think the beds are too, but I liked this, more space in the room is better than I bed I only sleep in for a few hours.

I like the fridge but hate loosing the drawers so I also posted pics of the hnagers we use (sweater and shoe) to help organize our things and I bring lots of our own hangers. We go for 12 - 18 days and even with doing laundry still need to bring a lot of clothes and costumes and bathing suits etc .

I ike the safe and the fact you enter your own code and liked the way you just swipe your card in front of the door and it opens. I found the fence around the pools to be a little restrictive and kind of ruins the view.

I like an outside entry so would not be liekly to stay in the suites as the have a common corridor and no acess to outisde from the room. The theming of the suites is very nive, but I think the walkways add another dimension and the flat walls are not as nice as the multi dimensional look the walkways offer.

The curtian that seperates the sink area from the room is also very nice. This is a great feature when getting dressed but you want light in the room.

Overall I think the rooms are very well done. You can walk across the bridge to pop and the walkway goes around the entire resort area of pop and AoA. There were 4 busses to pop while I waited for one to AoA so I jumped on one to pop and got back that way then ate at pop and wlked around to LM from the 50's section (you dont have to take the brigde)

If anyone has any questions, I'll do my best to answer

Thanks for the review - we'll be there in 3 weeks, and I love hearing first-hand reports!! I'm concerned about the walk from LM to the main building and buses, as we'll have two little ones and a teenager with a walking cast (and possibly wheelchair - we aren't sure yet if we'll rent one at home to bring with us and be able to use at the airport and resort, or if we'll just rent one at the parks for her.)

Great pics!

more in the link above

IMG_6473.jpg

IMG_6450.jpg

IMG_6478.jpg

IMG_6494.jpg

IMG_8523.jpg

Thanks for the review - we'll be there in 3 weeks, and I love hearing first-hand reports!! I'm concerned about the walk from LM to the main building and buses, as we'll have two little ones and a teenager with a walking cast (and possibly wheelchair - we aren't sure yet if we'll rent one at home to bring with us and be able to use at the airport and resort, or if we'll just rent one at the parks for her.)

Great pics!

for the first time we had this issue as well, DD 6 had a bad case of mono and was confined to a stroller most of the time. The boards informed me of a stroller as wheelchair pass that let me bring it into the lines and she transferred out once she was about to load. She would get tired and we would leave early, that's when I learned to take the bus to Pop, the waits were just to long and I saw very few AoA busses. DH had the car and it made sence for us to bus it instead of them with the park closing crowds. We have stayed at all values other than AsMusic and this was the longest wlak we've had. It wouldnt have kept me from staying there once, but It will keep me from staying there again. That and the pool fences and a few other things. It is a GREAT resort and I am glad we stayed there. The food court is VERY slow and the servers often didnt know what they were serving, but the food is very good and we had some favorite, the mongolian fish with paneer and basmati rice and the surf and surf sandwhich to name a few. The make your own salads and the chocolate granache mcikey.. and the gellato and and aaaaandddd.. get my point :)
you'll enjoy it as long as you are now what your facing going into it!

Thank you very much for the trip review and the amazing pictures! You showed many great details about the resort in your pictures. :)

One question - If you tried all three pool, which one did you like the best? Were they all crowded.

Glad you and your family had a good time at AoA! :goodvibes

Thanks again!!

~FantasiaMagic pixiedust:

Thank you very much for the trip review and the amazing pictures! You showed many great details about the resort in your pictures. :)

One question - If you tried all three pool, which one did you like the best? Were they all crowded.

Glad you and your family had a good time at AoA! :goodvibes

Thanks again!!

~FantasiaMagic pixiedust:

Of course we tried all three pools ;)
Nemo pool right outside animation hall was the most crowded but so VERY beautiful, and zero entry at the end next to the splash area (water spalshes up from the ground) and just beyond it outside the fence is the kids playground which in my daughters opionion was lacking, (I will post more pics but my coputer was boggin down last night so I quit) so we walked over to POP for their playground. I don't want to ruin it for anyone but the pool has a very special attribute that is magical!

LM pool just outside our door and very nice

Cars pool!!! Loved it and will post pics- loved the cars area, dd loves Mater. I have many pics to post of this area The pool has road cones that you can sit in for shade and my husband liked this as did I. We wnet there a bit later in the day and were surprised that it wasnt crowded and that cones were still available.

So the Nemo pool was most crowded but NOT to be missed abd you must go IN the pool, has the splach pool and paly area behind it outside the fence. Even though it had the most people at it, It is huge (largest of all resorts I am told) and didnt feel too crowded)

LM Pool and Cars pool more quite and also must see disney things beacuse the theming is just great!

enjoy your trip and I'll try to get those pics up now :)
peace

LM pool

I just added more pics,but it pushed the bulk of the pics of LM to the end. Sorry. new to diong this and I hoped it would *** the new photos to the end of the album :confused3
peace

Wonderful pics! Now I'm even more excited to stay there! We'll be there on November 10th. I'm worried about how far we will be from the food court. The map makes me nervous. Oh we'll, it is what it is! Thanks for the pics! :goodvibes

Wonderful pics! Now I'm even more excited to stay there! We'll be there on November 10th. I'm worried about how far we will be from the food court. The map makes me nervous. Oh we'll, it is what it is! Thanks for the pics! :goodvibes

Honestly we stayed at pop in August and I ran the entire pop/AOA area a couple of times and it isn't that bad. Yes it is a bit of a hike but nothing you should worry about. I think AOA and POP are set up so that walking really isn't a issue.

Thanks for posting, OP! This made our day, and was a very timely post! We decided to make the switch to LM today and these pics helped make it real for us.

Thanks for posting, OP! This made our day, and was a very timely post! We decided to make the switch to LM today and these pics helped make it real for us.

:rotfl: Me too!!!! Switched before I saw the pics!!!!

Great pics!!!!

Thank you so much for your great review and the amazing pictures! I have seen lots of pictures of AoA, but you also had a lot of new ones of areas I hadn't seen before so that made it even more exciting for me:goodvibes

I foolishly didn't book AoA when I got our FD pin, but after months of regret, I decided to change it to AoA LM section. I'm still 'nervous' since it's a new resort. I keep going back and forth about the 'walk' to the LM section...should I or shouldn't be worried? LOL I already requested building 7 top floor, so hopefully we get it.

I wish there were lots more LM reviews...I could read them all day every day!!!

I'm not too concerned about the iffy food court reviews since we have lots of ADR's already and won't be eating at the resort a lot anyway. Besides, we love the POP food court so we will walk over there a few times to eat!

Thanks again for the awesome review!!!

I don't want to overemphasize the distance, It is nothing compared to the walks at Mod's or Deluxe's, but a bit more than the average value and it was only an issue for us since we had a 6 YO in a stroller as wheelchair due to illness. I wanst about to get a wheelchair for 12 days and she was big for the stroller so it wasnt easy for me to puch her.. she's not much smaller than me! :rotfl2: Don't give the distance a second thought :goodvibes

Thank you so much for your great review and the amazing pictures! I have seen lots of pictures of AoA, but you also had a lot of new ones of areas I hadn't seen before so that made it even more exciting for me:goodvibes

I foolishly didn't book AoA when I got our FD pin, but after months of regret, I decided to change it to AoA LM section. I'm still 'nervous' since it's a new resort. I keep going back and forth about the 'walk' to the LM section...should I or shouldn't be worried? LOL I already requested building 7 top floor, so hopefully we get it.

I wish there were lots more LM reviews...I could read them all day every day!!!

I'm not too concerned about the iffy food court reviews since we have lots of ADR's already and won't be eating at the resort a lot anyway. Besides, we love the POP food court so we will walk over there a few times to eat!

Thanks again for the awesome review!!!

see above for my thoughts on the walk... It is NOT a reason to not try it. We had circumsatnces that made it more difficult (daughters illness and not having the proper transportation for her, a wheelchair probably would have been better) We paid slightly less to saty at AoA lm than we were going to pay for POR, but wanted the kids to enjoy it and honeslty, I think I enjoyed it the most!! I was very impressed with most of the theming, to be honest LK section didnt do much for me, (but DH LOVED it) but the rest was AWESOME! I was skyping with DH before her arrived and he said it looked like I was underwater (bed backboard!)
The food court was SLOW but we loved the food we had and my daughter had the mongolian fish every night we ate @ the Food court. I will be posting pics of food as well now that I know how to dot it with a link it is much easier.

It is a MUST DO DISNEY resort! I also love that you can so easily hop to pop! what a bonus! So much to enjoy! It's awesome!

:goodvibes pixiedust:

Thanks a lot for sharing your photos and experience!! :D amazing pics!
So excited!! Staying two nights at LM over New Years!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter