Just Back from AKL - Jambo House

mom2tjnsb

Earning My Ears
We just got back last week from a wonderful stay at AKL Jambo house. We were there from 8/26-8/31. I did do online check in but honestly, I think it took longer. When we got to the counter they did have everything ready, we reserved a pool view with bunk beds. They offered us a free upgrade to a savannah room, but I turned it down. LOL I know some of you will think I'm crazy, but we wanted a pool view room for the ease of it being close to everything and being able to see the kids going down to the pool with out us. After taking awhile to convince them we did not want the upgrade, they gave us what we wanted. The room was exactly as expected, we were in 3472 (i believe) the patio area was a nice added spot. This was our first stay at a deluxe and i think it spoiled everyone. LOL Boma was awesome--our first time there as well. The bus service was great as well. We only had one night where we waited for a bus from MK it was Friday night and it was raining--not a little florida shower, rain so hard it was going sideways. LOL So it was understandable that every one wanted a bus at the same time. We waited about 25 min for a bus. Every other time was 5 min or less. Honestly, most times the bus was there when we got there. We nicknamed our daughter the bus whisperer because everytime she ran ahead to check for the bus, it was there. I was a bit disappointed that we didn't see more animals at the resort (not from the room area but when we walked to the other side and on the overlooks) Overall, we had a great time. Loved all the kids activities going on through out the day and the photographer in the lobby was awesome, she took some of our favorite family photos from the trip.

Ann

Sounds like a great time! We will ne at AKL after Thanksgiving and can't wait! Hoping for an upgrade to Savana, we booked standard. Bit I will be just as happy with the room they give us since this will be our 1st time at deluxe as well.

Glad to hear the buses were good. I've been reading alot of stories about long waits for MK. This won't harm us since no matter what resort we stayed at there was some time during the vacay that we had to wat a while for a bus or stand. I am just happy there are shelters to sit under while waiting. My horible bus experience was when they 1st built ASsports. August heat and sun and no shelters or benches to sit on while waiting for the buses. Not even a tree.... Not sure what it is like now, butthat and some other things sealed it that I will never go back to all stars again.

Did you eat at Mara? How was the selection and food?

I'm confused about the lack of animals. When we have been there there have always been tons of animals! We have seen them from our balcony and all over the public viewing areas. What time of day did you try to view them? I know they have certain times that they take them to the shed to check them and give meds, but that is only in the morning. They are usually abundant in the afternoon.

Glad to hear you enjoyed your trip! We will be at AKL in November and are looking forward to our first deluxe experience as well.:thumbsup2

I'm confused about the lack of animals. When we have been there there have always been tons of animals! We have seen them from our balcony and all over the public viewing areas. What time of day did you try to view them? I know they have certain times that they take them to the shed to check them and give meds, but that is only in the morning. They are usually abundant in the afternoon.

It was usually late afternoon--before heading back to the parks for the evening. we did see quite a few flamingos, and zebras, but very few giraffes . It could just be that I had envisioned seeing more. You know how it is when you have an idea of how something will be....

Did you eat at Mara? How was the selection and food?

We did eat at the Mara--every morning for breakfast and a few quick meals here and there. We thought it was good. It seemed the same as most other resort quick service meals. It is a lot smaller than the moderate food courts, but we never had much of a wait and they had something for everyone.

I am there in september and have heard such mixed reviews on the hotel that I am dreading my stay a little bit! I have only stayed at POP and I loved it so much it was a really hard decision for me to change to another resort but the phone operater convinced me ....when I 1st walked into Pop I cried it looked so magical!!! I know that alot of people are not keen on value resorts but im from England and we dont have anything like even close to a hotel like that with a sparkling lobby and huge icons and colours that just Pop out ,
I have 3 little boys ranging from 5 to 8 we are a young couple im 25 hubby is 29 and we are taking my mum who is in her 70s.
have any of you stayed at over Disney hotels and how do they compare to AKL I think that the lodge from the pics look stunning which is why I let myself be swept along :rotfl2: I have not booked a savannah view but we have set aside some pennies to do so if we end up with car park view lol , but as we need 2 rooms that is a hell of a lot extra
its already cost us well into £11000 so it would have to be one hell of a view to make me pay more :).
I really hope that it is worth the extra ££ to stay here and that the boys dont beg me to go back to pop after a few days:rotfl:

I am there in september and have heard such mixed reviews on the hotel that I am dreading my stay a little bit! I have only stayed at POP and I loved it so much it was a really hard decision for me to change to another resort but the phone operater convinced me ....when I 1st walked into Pop I cried it looked so magical!!! I know that alot of people are not keen on value resorts but im from England and we dont have anything like even close to a hotel like that with a sparkling lobby and huge icons and colours that just Pop out ,
I have 3 little boys ranging from 5 to 8 we are a young couple im 25 hubby is 29 and we are taking my mum who is in her 70s.
have any of you stayed at over Disney hotels and how do they compare to AKL I think that the lodge from the pics look stunning which is why I let myself be swept along :rotfl2: I have not booked a savannah view but we have set aside some pennies to do so if we end up with car park view lol , but as we need 2 rooms that is a hell of a lot extra
its already cost us well into £11000 so it would have to be one hell of a view to make me pay more :).
I really hope that it is worth the extra ££ to stay here and that the boys dont beg me to go back to pop after a few days:rotfl:

Will you actually be at AKL for 3 weeks? That could make for a super relaxed WDW vacation. We have not stayed there yet ourselves but I've been reading all I can about AKL for our upcoming trip. They have so many activities right at AKL for the children to do. Many folks have said they could spend a week at AKL without going into the parks at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter