Just back from a wonderful stay and experience with MBs/FP+!

*NikkiBell*

Livin’ that DVC & AP life!
I spent Thurs-Sun at WDW using MBs and FP+ and wanted to share what a great experience it was being that it's a big focus here lately. All of the features of the system worked for me including using FP+ for popular attractions. It was convenient to also use the band for shopping and dining as well. As said on here in the past, I did not notice any stand by line issues that were affected by the system, and it was VERY busy this weekend. I know that there are people who have had bumps along the way, but I'm pleased to see that things are progressing.

That's awesome!

And I take it your post will be moved to the Just Back/Trip Reports section like the rest of them? :)

What! You mean you aren't going to huff off and claim to never return to Disney as long as they have FP+ even though all of us know you are full of it and will be back as scheduled anyway?

Refreshing.

So glad! We are heading back down in the spring. Did you use tiered choices? Or extra fp-'s. I keep wondering how this is playing out.

That's great, I'm glad you had a good trip. The bands were kind of a nightmare for us...they could never get mine to work on the room key or charging. We lost a few hours of a short trip for that. And the CMs were quite grouchy dealing with us IMO.

I just returned from my trip as well. At first I was nervous about the MB's and MM+, especially hearing about the problems people were having and learning a couple days before leaving that my resort (All-Star Sports - later changed to Movies) would not be getting KTTW cards. But other than one little problem with the MDE app not letting me add new FP+ choices on Sunday (I was able to correct it by visiting a kiosk), the system worked flawlessly for me. No problems using it as my park ticket, the MVMCP ticket was linked and recognized, and it was convenient to use for FP+ returns, purchases, and my room key. Overall, I loved it, having everything there in one spot.

As for FPs, it might be different at busy times, but I never even missed not being able to use paper FPs. On Saturday I was at MK, but had my FP+ scheduled at Epcot. Once I realized I was not going there when I originally planned to, it was so easy to get onto the app and change all of my FPs. I got 3 for rides in completely different parts of the park without even having to move, and I could take my time getting to them. It was awesome. :cool1:

:cheer2::cheer2:So glad they worked well for you! Nice to hear someone had a sucessful experience! Ours wasn't so great in October, but I'm looking forward to trying again in May! Thanks for sharing!!!!:woohoo:

Even though it was my first visit to WDW a few weeks ago (I can't believe it's been that long since my trip!)...I liked the MB, did all the rides I wanted to do. some used FP+ and FP-, and some stand by. I guess it's because I went the week before the American Thanksgiving week, so we did FP+ on Soaring and stand-by for TestTrack was only 15-20 mins which my friends and I had no problem waiting in line for. Same with some of the popular rides...we only had two FP+ issues but the CM's fixed it within a few minutes, and we were on our way to the ride!

So that would be no, you didn't have to use tiered FP+, at least at Epcot.

That makes it such an apples to oranges thing:/. I wish they would just make the changes and then people can figure out where they want to stay and how to plan days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter