Just back - deluxe plan with kids

javaj

DIS Veteran
Just reporting back on our experience this past week. We had 4 adults 2 children on the deluxe dining plan

1. No issues ordering adult entrees and/or appetizers and/or desserts for the kids. We did this at chefs de France, yachtsman, rose and crown, narcoosees.

2. At the resort (contempo cafe), okay to sub the drink for a side or dessert. Could not sub anywhere else but we only asked at a few places (wpe, electric umbrella)

3. Traded a couple of leftover deluxe credits on our last night at goofys candy - 3 snacks per credit

4. Had paid for hoop de doo before adding the dining plan. In the past I've been able to switch that out at the resort a few days before but this time I had to do it the night of the show at the ticket counter

Thanks for the info! Did you have any experience substituting dessert for soup/salad at table service restaurants?

when getting deluxe, does Disney just combine all the credits or do they seperate them into adults and kids like on the regular plan?

They are all combined. On a recent trip we used the credits only for adult meals. The kids shared our meals. It was plenty of food. Appetizer entree and dessert.

Thanks for the update. This is consistent with our experience last August and what I'm hoping to have again later this year, so it's good to hear this reports the closer I get to our next trip.

No we didn't try. We didn't always order dessert for everyone but we already had so much food at table service meals that we didn't even think to ask about substitution.

Thanks for the info! Did you have any experience substituting dessert for soup/salad at table service restaurants?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter