Just Back BWV Studio Stay & F&W Festival Long

MJTinNH

DIS Veteran
Just returned from a four night stay at BWV. We arrived on Tuesday, 11/9/04 around 4:10 p.m. with no wait to check in. We were in the room by 4:45 pm. We were on the forth floor in room 4015, a lock off non-smoking studio above the Big River Grill looking out at the Boardwalk. The room was in good shape. I loved the view. Spaceship Earth was framed by the door to the balcony. Great view of the BC/YC and Boardwalk itself. At night on the balcony we were able to view all but the low fireworks from Illuminations! Next spring I have a BWV, boardwalk view 2 bdrm booked for a trip with friends that have not been to WDW. After that, unless it is a special trip, I will try to book standard view. I loved my standard view this past spring.

The room condition was OK. A little wear and tear, nothing to complain about. It was clean with no obvious stains on the carpet or furniture. My impression of a studio was that it would be OK for two adults with kids, but a little cramped with four adults. We were two adults staying this time. Also, we only had coffee, toast and cereal in the a.m. No cooking this trip. I would book a studio again for a short stay. For a longer stay the one bedroom is much more comfortable to me.

We both enjoyed the Food & Wine Festival. Great fun trying the different booths everyday without rushing the experience. However, the weather was the biggest winner to me. Tuesday when we arrived it was rainy and drizzly. The rest of the week the weather was gorgeous. Every day was high 70’s or low 80’s with little humidity. There was even a slight breeze each day. Back home it snowed!! One thing I noticed was that the crowds seemed to be just as large as when I go in the first part of May. I do not know if this is usual for the first part of November or not. Maybe some people were still catching up on trips that had been cancelled because of the hurricanes this year. I just expected smaller numbers of people in comparison to May vacations.

We did stop in at SSR for a little tour around the resort on the day we were at DTD. It is an attractive looking resort and I would like to stay there at some point. I personally would wait until construction is over though. That nice breeze we had every day tended to blow a lot of dust around from the construction area. I have allergies, so they kicked up a bit after our tour. We rode the boat back to DTD. That was fun. We were lucky that we waited only 5 min. for the boat. Timed it just right.

All in all it was a wonderful break from reality and I can’t wait to go back at the end of April next year. If anyone has questions, ask away.

I'm glad you had such a great trip, and I enjoyed reading all about it. Thanks for your excellent trip report! :D

Hi MJ :wave2: , thanks you for the great report, glad to hear you had a good time. I agree that a studio would be alittle tight for 4 adults ::yes::, we were in a studio @ the BCV last Aug.
( just DH and myself ), but this trip we`re going to move to a one bedroom, from a studio, when DS & DDIL join us on week 2.
F&WF sounds great ! And the weather sounds beautiful there, this time of year! Never been to WDW in Nov. Again, thanks for the report!:)

Thanks for checking in!!! I think we'll try a BWV studio for our next trip as we never even used the kitchen in the one bdrm we had @ BCV. I have to laugh because one of the reasons we were so sold on DVC was all the money we would save by eating in the room. So, our first trip home: I'm on vacation -- I don't want to cook...:mad:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter