just back ask away....

crash2000

Mouseketeer
just got back today, drove from barrie to buffalo, flew airtran, and used disney magical express, buss's, stayed at the all star movies resort, any questions ask away, and i don't suger coat my answers so be prepared..

one day of food poising too.

Where did you get food poisoning?? And do you know what was eaten?? Must have been an awful experience! So sorry that happened to you!

yes we ate at the hollywood brown derby, I ate the salmon dinner, it tasted great, until later that night, when I got sick at the hotel, was ill most of the night, but fine the next morning...

other then that the trip was great for us first timers, everything went off without a hitch.

We are driving Newmarket to Buffalo for March. Our flight is at noon so I can't decide if we should stay overnight the night before or try risking leaving at 7am and hoping we can clear customs and get there 2 hours before the flight. What did you do and where did you leave your car? What was your driving time.

We are flying JetBlue - I have never flown out of Buffalo - usually Detroit so curious as to how this airport compares to others - was it quick and easy...easy to find...

Sorry you were sick. we also had a night of that a few years back....but it was the stomach flu and took us out for 3 days!

We are driving Newmarket to Buffalo for March. Our flight is at noon so I can't decide if we should stay overnight the night before or try risking leaving at 7am and hoping we can clear customs and get there 2 hours before the flight. What did you do and where did you leave your car? What was your driving time.

We are flying JetBlue - I have never flown out of Buffalo - usually Detroit so curious as to how this airport compares to others - was it quick and easy...easy to find...

Sorry you were sick. we also had a night of that a few years back....but it was the stomach flu and took us out for 3 days!

In March I would for sure get a hotel the night before because you can never be sure of weather - make it a park and fly - usually you can get hotel and parking for the time you are gone for $120ish or so. Last March all of the Saturday March break flights were cancelled due to a huge snowstorm we had.

Crash.... how were the cmas decorations - everything up??

In March I would for sure get a hotel the night before because you can never be sure of weather - make it a park and fly - usually you can get hotel and parking for the time you are gone for $120ish or so. Last March all of the Saturday March break flights were cancelled due to a huge snowstorm we had.

Crash.... how were the cmas decorations - everything up??

decorations up, christmas parade was also running, and at hollywood studios they were still setting up for the osbourne lights, and let me tell you this, there is ALOT of lights going up, and finally the castle was decorated also for christmas

We just got back this morning. I'd be happy to answer any questions too. We flew WestJet and stayed at the Caribbean Beach Resort. We had a park hopper and went to all 4 parks and had the basic dining plan.

Just wondering if either of you had any table service dining experiences you would like to share? Anything good, bad, fabulous, blah? How about character dining experiences? Did either of you go with young children? We are planning on going back at the end of May 2009 and were looking at staying at the Caribbean Beach Resort. How was your overall experience there Nicki? I was also wondering about your experiences at Epcot, since it will be one of the two parks we planned on visiting. Did you see many characters? My 3 year old and 18 month old love meeting characters so besides MK, I was hoping they would have a chance to meet a few besides Mickey and usual gang. Since you also went to all 4 parks, do you think Epcot is a good choice for a 3 year old and a 2 year old?

I also just got back from 8 nights at POP (just got in 3 hours ago!)... so you can also ask me any questions you might have. :)

I was also sick...toughed it out Thursday evening in DTD, and Friday in the parks.. then slept all day Saturday 'til 4pm! I thought it could have been food poisoning, but I'm now pretty sure it was a stomach bug. :sick:

I just got back too. I drove to Detroit and did Park and Fly there. We stayed at Old Key West for 4 nights.

Teppan Edo was awesome! What a fun fun experience and the food was fantastic. LOVED it and can't wait to go back again! We did the pick a pearl thing in Japan too..I set mine in a cute cagey pendant.

We had a ball! Great place for a girls trip

We live in Aurora and have driven to Buffalo the last three years in March for spring break in WDW. We have always driven down the night before. Last year we drove through that lovely ice storm...the year before that freezing rain. We do the park and fly at the Holiday Inn Express. Rooms are clean, decent rate and they shuttle you to and from the airport. Breakfast is also included.
The buffalo airport is small compared to Pearson. We have never waited more than 20min. to clear the security line. There are a couple of cafes and stores to look through while you are waiting.(Nothing special)
It usually takes us 2.5 hours including customs to get to the airport(Hotel). The ice storm last year it took us nearly 4.:eek:

Did you happen to eat at Ohana?! I am wondering if the scalloped potatoes are possibly back...

Just wondering if either of you had any table service dining experiences you would like to share? Anything good, bad, fabulous, blah? How about character dining experiences? Did either of you go with young children? We are planning on going back at the end of May 2009 and were looking at staying at the Caribbean Beach Resort. How was your overall experience there Nicki? I was also wondering about your experiences at Epcot, since it will be one of the two parks we planned on visiting. Did you see many characters? My 3 year old and 18 month old love meeting characters so besides MK, I was hoping they would have a chance to meet a few besides Mickey and usual gang. Since you also went to all 4 parks, do you think Epcot is a good choice for a 3 year old and a 2 year old?

We really liked the Caribbean Resort. We started off in Trinidad South - and the put us directly above the bus stop - which kept us up through the middle of the night. Bleary eyed, my husband went to the front desk and they moved us immediately. We ended up in Barbados with a water view. We found the shuttle service to be great and loved the grounds.
My kids are older then yours - 9 and 6. Both of them loved Epcot. I think yours will be too young to appreciate it. The Magic Kingdom will be perfect - and probably Animal Kingdom.
We booked 3 character meals - Crystal Palace at the Magic Kingdom (Pooh, Tigger, Piglet and Eyore), Chef Mickey at the Contemporary (Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto and Donald) and 1900 Park Fare at the Grand Floridian (Cinderella, Prince Charming and the Stepsisters). Character interaction was great at all 3 - but best at Chef Mickey, closely followed by 1900 Park Fare. Out of the 3 buffets I found the quality of food much lower at Chef Mickey - but the kids loved it. We also ate at Coral Reef at Epcot(service was so-so, but food was good), Le Cellie at Epcot (food and service were amazing) and had the buffet at Boma (Animal Kingdom Lodge) which was really good. My daughter had her hair done at the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique and my son had the cool dude hairsytle.

What did you think of ME..how long did it take you to get to resort after you landed?

What did you think of ME..how long did it take you to get to resort after you landed?

ME express was fine the line in orlando was long, but it moved fast, and then off to another line to get on the bus, time from landing to resort was aprox 45mins, not a big deal we were too excited to care.

ME back to orlando also went smooth but did take 1 hr, as we had a stop at another resort, and the driver was super slow driver, and thought he was a funny tour guide, he was boring....

Sorry you all were sick. From reading the boards, there does seem to have been a stomach bug going around Disney the last couple of weeks. A kid bafed all over the day we were at DHS and I know a mom had posted last week her dd had it at WH.

I can't believe so many of us are just back! We need special Canadian DISers gear to recognize each other down there.

We landed at 10:50 pm last Sunday. Made it out the the ME rather quickly, and then sat on the bus for 45 minutes. Add another 25-30 minutes to get to the hotel. And then 20 minutes for a shuttle to take us to our room - it ended up being over 2 hours from the time we got off the plane til the time we got in our room.
Our flight home - this past Sunday was for 7 am. Since we are international they said we had to leave for the airport 4 hours early - so we were up at 2:15 am, on the bus at 3 and at the airport by 3:30 am. Of course nothing was open then - so we had to sit by the ticket counter for 45 minutes. Why they insist on having us go when we can't do anything is beyond me. We could have easily slept for another hour. I understand during busy times the need to get to the airport early - but there was barely anyone there at this time. There were so few flights leaving early. 2 hours would have given us more then enough time.

We just got back this morning. I'd be happy to answer any questions too. We flew WestJet and stayed at the Caribbean Beach Resort. We had a park hopper and went to all 4 parks and had the basic dining plan.

Would you use the dining plan again? We are considering purchasing the plan $48 cdn per person for 10 days, due to the terrible dollar right now I thought buying the dining plan would save us $$ in case the dollar gets worse before 12/26. We are staying at CB too should we request a certain building? close to dining, or bus? Thanks for any input/advice!!

I just got back too. I drove to Detroit and did Park and Fly there. We stayed at Old Key West for 4 nights.

Teppan Edo was awesome! What a fun fun experience and the food was fantastic. LOVED it and can't wait to go back again! We did the pick a pearl thing in Japan too..I set mine in a cute cagey pendant.

We had a ball! Great place for a girls trip
how was flying from detroit? i have some first timers/clients who will be flying out of Detroit in April. It was so much cheaper than BUF or YYZ.

how was flying from detroit? i have some first timers/clients who will be flying out of Detroit in April. It was so much cheaper than BUF or YYZ.

It was really great! I went to the aiport a bit early and got a flight that was just a tad earlier and paid the $25 through NWA. Got through security fast even though I had NO clue what I was doing and had to walk in 3 times (darn belt and cell phone ;) ) The airport I found was easy to get around and lots of places to grab a bite. Coming back it seemed to take forever to get from the gate to the luggage but the luggage was there fast and it was easy to find.

I stayed at the BEst Western and did Park and Fly. $80 for the night and parking and they were fantastic!! Not a complaint at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter