Just back; 8 day trip with dining

mrsbert

DIS Veteran
I'm not a trip reporter. I don't have the attention span for it. I just wanted to let everyone know my opinion. My group was 5 adults (1 being an 11 yo) and two kids (mine). Lots of food to be had but by the end of the week I was feeling sorry for my kids. I mean, how much chicken fingers, mac-n-cheese, carrot sticks, and grapes can a child have? I was accomodated when asked and usually asked for a soda or juice for the boys. I think being in a park all day in the sun, drinking milk is asking for trouble.:scared1: We shared our meals with the boys alot too.
My ONLY big problem with the plan was the carts or kiosks. Five times I attempted to use my DDP card for snacks, the machine wasn't working. This happened in three different parks. The permanent buildings next to the carts were okay. We wanted popcorn a few times and had to paid OOP. Also, in the beginning when I didn't know any better, I paid OOP for sodas only to see the building selling frozen lemonades, sodas, etc. was able to use the card. Why didn't the CM say, "Hey, next door is taking the card with no problem". I talked of calling someone about it but seriously had NO time. I was in the parks all day EVERY day.

All in all, I will use it again.

Our kids were never big fans of the "kids menu" so we didn't go that route often. Mostly character meals and buffets such as Biegarten or H & V; We do the DDE card now so I'm not familiar with the DDP but maybe split a couple entree, appetizers, etc. amongst the family. I totally agree: kids can go nuts on the generic choices offered:thumbsup2 Our "kids" are now 17 and 19, so no problem anymore.:banana: WDW HERE WE COME June 15:woohoo:

Thanks for your "short attention span" report. My younger daughter is a picky eater and the things on the children's menu would really appeal to her, but I can understand kids getting tired of eating the same thing day after day.

Sorry to hear about the problems with the machines at the carts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!