Just Back! 10/8-10/14 Quick Review

ShelbyWagon

Mouseketeer
Just returned from a lovely stay at the BWV and already feeling the Disney blues. So I figure, why not revisit some of my meals to lift my spirits? A lot of this trip was spent snacking around Food & Wine but I did sit down for a few meals. Got to try a few new places too!

New Places
Chefs de France dinner: I went with the prix fixe menu here. A pretty good value, I thought. I had the salad to start, which was good but fairly basic. My entree was the beef short ribs. Delicious! For dessert, I had the apple tart. Again, tasty but nothing special. Overall a good meal. The atmosphere was great. I got a table right by the window so I could people watch during dinner. Always fun! Service was friendly and fairly quick for an Epcot restaurant. I would definitely go back.

Be Our Guest dinner: Somehow I've managed to skip BOG in the past since I'm not a big Beauty and the Beast fan but I finally got the urge to try it. Glad I did! I followed the waiter's suggestion and started with the french onion soup. Delicious and full of cheese! I love anything with cheese :D Followed that with the strip steak. It was cooked just right at medium rare and had a good flavor. The pommes frites were your ordinary fries but the dipping sauce with them made up for it. Unfortunately, I had no room for dessert. Must try to eat less soup next time to save room!

Tiffins lunch: What a beautifully themed restaurant! I had a late lunch here, around 2:30. The restaurant was pretty quiet at that time, as was the lounge. I wandered through the lounge while waiting to be seated. It's now on my list of good places to escape the heat and crowds if need be! I had the bread service, which was delicious. It came with 4 different dipping sauces and 3 different kinds of bread. If I was a better note taker, I would be able to tell you what they all were but alas, I dug in before I remembered to write it down! I did the Taste of Tiffins, which is really good if you're having a hard time making up your mind or want to try something adventurous while having a safe backup. I had the fried yellowtail snapper and the tamale. I'm normally not a big fish eater but the yellowtail was fantastic. Very lightly breaded, just enough to give it a crispy exterior. The fish was light and flaky with a great flavor. The tamale was good but was a bit heavy on the masa mix, light on the pulled pork. I would probably choose a different option next time. I also had the beer flight, which was excellent.

Hollywood Brown Derby lounge lunch: I never knew this was an option until I read about it on the boards! Fantastic option if you have a small group and don't mind sitting outside. They serve small plates here, which are great if you aren't wanting a heavy lunch. I had the spiked white sangria and about stayed all afternoon just for this. Very refreshing and the gin helps cut the sweetness that normally turns me off from sangria. I had the Famous Cobb salad. I can see why it's a favorite! I don't know if I could eat the larger size in the restaurant though. The smaller one at the lounge was plenty!

D-luxe Burger lunch: I ran by here just before leaving to head home. I needed to pick up a few souvenirs at Disney Springs and couldn't resist a good burger! I had the Diablo burger. It was very flavorful but definitely not as spicy as the menu makes it out to be. It was done perfectly, very juicy. I made a big mess!

Repeats
Crew's Cup: I love popping in here for a quick bite! It was super convenient since I was staying over at the Boardwalk. I stopped in here two different evenings for dinner. One night I had the burger. Another perfectly cooked burger. Nothing special as far as the toppings but a solid burger if you're jonesing for one. The other night I had the wedge salad and the truffle fries. Those truffle fries are dangerous! Fortunately, I don't know of a place near me that has something similar or I'd spend every penny I had on them :worship:

ESPN club: This is my guilty pleasure. I absolutely adore the pulled pork grilled cheese. I'm also a huge football fan so it was fun to stop in for a bit of Monday Night Football. Tampa Bay was playing so there were a lot of fans watching and having a good time. Always a fun, laid back atmosphere.

Enjoyed your review! Thanks! I'm dying to try those truffle fries at Crew's Cup. I put them on my list! Thanks for the reminder. :)

You're not kidding about those truffle fries from Crews Cup. They are amaaaaazing!

your reviews are amazing..I dont need a photo to get the drooling going...thanks for the quick reviews

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter