just after xmas,anyone done it?

brer rabbit 28

Dude, you were like, 'Whoa!' and then we were like
What are crowds like just after xmas?
mum and i would love to go over xmas but with my job i can't have time off in december(boo hiss!).Thought maybe 2nd january would be good compromise as it will still be xmassy for a few days,whaddya think? :earsgirl:

Never done it, but may be when DD leaves school as it DH birthday in January.

It is cheap and quiet but I believe could be a touch chilly in the mornings and evenings.

Let us know what you decide.

Susan

It will be lovely and quiet in the parks :)

The weather may not be that hot, but this can be a bonus for some people :)

I think the WDW Marathon is in January - you might want to avoid those dates.....

The only problem with Marathon dates is the traffic within WDW. There are heavy traffic jams in the morning and It takes quite a while to get anywhere unless you bypass the marathon route.
I found the parks were very quiet in the mornings while the marathon was on.

We were there from 1 January for a couple of weeks last year. We were surprised at just how busy the parks were for the first 4-5 days. After that it was dead. We made the mistake of heading for Epcot day on the day of the marathon (we'd forgotten about it) and the cars were 20 deep across all the toll booths. We just turned around and went to another park. I don't remember thinking that the traffic on that day was bad other than that. In any event, it's only one day, so you could avoid WDW altogether that day.

We're also going this January (12-26) and we're expecting it to be quiet. With New Year's Day falling on a Monday, I reckon it could be fairly busy right through that week, with the crowds disappearing from the following Monday.

Done it a couple of times - extremely low crowds - still get to see the Christmas decorations - my second favourite time to go (my first is just before Christmas). Only downside is that weather can be mixed and it can get v cold at night - so cold you needs coats and scarves.

I would definitely do it though if you get the chance - it's a great time to go.

I think it's a good time to visit regarding crowds but a bit too chilly for us.

thanks for the advice,we are gonna give it some serious thought for a 2006 xmas trip,long way off but you have to start early!

Personally speaking, if I go to Orlando, I want the heat and sunshine.
We go to DLP in the winter and WDW late summer.

Our timeshare is for the first 2 weeks of Jan, and I have always found it warm enough (last year actually seemed hot!), the crowds are definately manageable although not quite non existent and if you go early enough the holiday decs are still up. I think its a great time of year to go :flower: have fun whatever you decide,

Claire xx

It is definitely worth considering if you want to avoid the crowds. After Jan 2, the numbers drop off significantly (especially at Universal), and the Xmas decs will be staying up to Jan 8 this season. The weather can be a bit iffy - it was VERY cold by Orlando standards two years ago - but on the whole is still pleasant during the day. And you will definitely benefit from seeing things like the Osborne Lights at Disney-MGM without the usual hordes in attendance. Equally, the first 2 weeks of December are also a great time to visit.

We're booked to go 26/12/06 and expecting it to be busy that week but hopefully quieten off considerably after New Year. Also hope for some decent weather as well, whatever its like its going to be a lot warmer and more pleasent than January in England (or November come to that, its only 2C outside this afternoon :cold: )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter