Just added on Riviera at WDW... yes I know about the restrictions. The resort is gorgeous!

Thank you everyone for your feedback! I’m happy I purchased riviera. Not because of the guide mention of how the check in experience I know that is not guaranteed or may change or it may be something that other resorts have. I purchased this resort because I was blown away by the rooms after viewing them at the preview center. I wasn’t blown away when I had previously looked at the rooms via videos or photos over the internet. I thought the rooms looked beautiful in person and love how spacious it actually is. To top it off I love the skyliner and enjoy riding it (I tried the skyliner first at wdw before making my decision on viewing the mock up rooms at the preview center). I know things break and should it breaks down during my stay there’s always the bus and I’m ok using that as my transportation option. End of the day if my kids ever get “disneyed” out that’s ok the hubs and I plan to use it for FW. We love Epcot and it’s our favorite theme park. I know there are many bw and bc loyalist that love the walking to two parks option. That’s great for them but I personally rather ride a skyliner to unwind plus riviera will give me 50 years as opposed to bcv or bwv plus whatever dvc decides to do when both of these resorts’ deeds expire I can’t imagine how much the cost of dvc by then if they were to sell points at those two resorts. I would be in my late 50s and more than likely want to take things at a slower pace after spending my days walking around in the park highly doubt I would want to walk back to my resort and rather hop on the skyliner back to riviera. That’s just my envision on my riviera purchase. Again thank you all for your feedback! I enjoy reading threads on this forum. I have also learned a lot about dvc (member for a little a over a year) and do not regret buying into dvc.

Attachments

• EB427C22-B141-4602-ABD4-714942C2CB5A.jpeg
    EB427C22-B141-4602-ABD4-714942C2CB5A.jpeg
    108.4 KB · Views: 21
  • D449BA10-0C2B-4016-A801-6814398AE178.jpeg
    D449BA10-0C2B-4016-A801-6814398AE178.jpeg
    162.5 KB · Views: 24
  • C5B30992-F473-47D5-AA2B-A53C07098F3A.jpeg
    C5B30992-F473-47D5-AA2B-A53C07098F3A.jpeg
    150.2 KB · Views: 24
I don't buy it if you look at a map you will see the main angle of the building away from the lake is looking NE when Epcot is NW from the resort.

We will see in the next week but those room for sure won't see HS and mostly likely won't see MK. Epcot possibly standing out on the balcony.

Yes a portion will be in the rooms with a direct on view but I suspect with such a small percentage of the rooms Standard they are the ones over the main building.

The ones in the buildings on the west side will be premium because they can see fireworks.

Correct me if I am wrong anyone.
There are a few videos floating around of Cast Member stays where they are in "standard view" over-looking the parking lot. For the video tours, they walk out the patio doors and show how they can see spaceship earth and the Epcot fireworks from their balcony when they look to the left.

If you check in online is the great experience not a moot point? Sorry I've only checked in through the app in the last few years.
Yes. It also doesn't mean no lines or wait, as can be seen at GF. Busy means a wait.

Someone estimated that 75% of the resort is Preferred view. There will be a lot of Preferred view that see some fireworks. You can see some of Epcot’s from VGF.

I know there are many bw and bc loyalist that love the walking to two parks option. That’s great for them but I personally rather ride a skyliner to unwind plus riviera will give me 50 years as opposed to bcv or bwv
I fully agree with you! We own at BWV because when we bought it was that or OKW. So I do love the option to walk to two parks. However, if I were much younger than I am so that a 50 year contract was reasonable and were in the market for more points, RIV would be on the list. I’ve ridden the Skyliner several times between DHS and Epcot and find it just as convenient as walking.

I fully agree with you! We own at BWV because when we bought it was that or OKW. So I do love the option to walk to two parks. However, if I were much younger than I am so that a 50 year contract was reasonable and were in the market for more points, RIV would be on the list. I’ve ridden the Skyliner several times between DHS and Epcot and find it just as convenient as walking.

Wish I could buy a 50 or 73 year contract right now for boardwalk.

Definitely a downside but I came to the conclusion it's a good thing as our contract ends with our kids in college. We can take that chance to reset our travel post kis pre grandkids.

Wish I could buy a 50 or 73 year contract right now for boardwalk.

Definitely a downside but I came to the conclusion it's a good thing as our contract ends with our kids in college. We can take that chance to reset our travel post kis pre grandkids.
Oh yes, the empty nest years are glorious for travel, and retirement is even better! We’re lucky not to be limited to BWV as our only destination, but we love being at home there!

The guide I spoke with was checking in to the resort yesterday for the cast members preview. I bumped into her at Epcot later in the day. Views aside she also mentioned the check in experience is top notch and actually the best. The moment you walk in a cast member will greet you and have you sit at the waiting in the lobby while they process your check in and apparently you never even have to go to the check in desk. It was the skyliner location and the ease of use that sold me on the resort. Views wise if we get a fireworks view great if not we have 50 years to enjoy various views at each check in. I was surprised she mentioned preferred views has no fireworks views but then again I’m going to take it with a grain of salt until the resort officially opens. We own at copper creek too. We love the resort it’s our first welcome home stay and transportation isn’t bad at all! So happy we have an mk resort and another resort for ease of access to Epcot/hs.

Thts how the check in is at VGF

After sitting over an hour at the airport waiting for my flight, sitting on the flight, sitting on the Magical Express, I actually much prefer to stand at the check-in desk. Sitting, waiting your turn to be called to check-in, is too much like the DMV. And I am not crazy about VGF way, seems like I am trying to open an account at a bank or something, that takes way too long when all the info is in the computer ahead of time.
Online check-in, direct to room is my preference. But second choice is stand at desk like at AKV-J.

When we arrived @ BCV in late October we were greeted by a CM holding a iPad as we entered the lobby. He ask if he could help and we said we were checking in. He proceeded to check us in. We never went to the reception desk.

The were doing the same thing at OKW in November but not at BLT so who knows why some and not others.

I would be in my late 50s and more than likely want to take things at a slower pace after spending my days walking around in the park highly doubt I would want to walk back to my resort and rather hop on the skyliner back to riviera.

Woahhhhh hold your horses late 50's you will still be moving along just like everyone else. Don't sell the 50 somethings short!

Woahhhhh hold your horses late 50's you will still be moving along just like everyone else. Don't sell the 50 somethings short!
Lol.. I plan on moving along just like everyone else. However by then I plan on saving my energy parks aside and maybe if I become a grandparent by then! Take the grand babies with me to enjoy the parks.

When we arrived @ BCV in late October we were greeted by a CM holding a iPad as we entered the lobby. He ask if he could help and we said we were checking in. He proceeded to check us in. We never went to the reception desk.
I'm not understanding why this is a special thing. We've been greeted by a CM with an iPad at arrival on almost every trip since 2014. We come 3-5 times a year. This includes DVC stays, club level stays, and just regular room stays (at deluxes).

Thank you everyone for your feedback! I’m happy I purchased riviera. Not because of the guide mention of how the check in experience I know that is not guaranteed or may change or it may be something that other resorts have. I purchased this resort because I was blown away by the rooms after viewing them at the preview center. I wasn’t blown away when I had previously looked at the rooms via videos or photos over the internet. I thought the rooms looked beautiful in person and love how spacious it actually is. To top it off I love the skyliner and enjoy riding it (I tried the skyliner first at wdw before making my decision on viewing the mock up rooms at the preview center). I know things break and should it breaks down during my stay there’s always the bus and I’m ok using that as my transportation option. End of the day if my kids ever get “disneyed” out that’s ok the hubs and I plan to use it for FW. We love Epcot and it’s our favorite theme park. I know there are many bw and bc loyalist that love the walking to two parks option. That’s great for them but I personally rather ride a skyliner to unwind plus riviera will give me 50 years as opposed to bcv or bwv plus whatever dvc decides to do when both of these resorts’ deeds expire I can’t imagine how much the cost of dvc by then if they were to sell points at those two resorts. I would be in my late 50s and more than likely want to take things at a slower pace after spending my days walking around in the park highly doubt I would want to walk back to my resort and rather hop on the skyliner back to riviera. That’s just my envision on my riviera purchase. Again thank you all for your feedback! I enjoy reading threads on this forum. I have also learned a lot about dvc (member for a little a over a year) and do not regret buying into dvc.
Enjoy your purchase!! This is one we decided against but I 100% wish you amazing vacations there!

We own Boardwalk and Copper Creek, and really want another but haven't found a perfect fit.

Enjoy your purchase!! This is one we decided against but I 100% wish you amazing vacations there!

We own Boardwalk and Copper Creek, and really want another but haven't found a perfect fit.
Thank you! I was apprehensive as well. We own at copper creek. We visited the monorail resorts this stay and hubs liked copper creek better due to it’s theming. After visiting the preview center in riviera and taking the skyliner it was hard to not to give riviera a second look. Here’s to many more wonderful vacations!

The moment you walk in a cast member will greet you and have you sit at the waiting in the lobby while they process your check in and apparently you never even have to go to the check in desk.
I agree, this would be nice and sounds similar to VGF. Online checkin can be good, but it doesn't always work for us.

I was surprised she mentioned preferred views has no fireworks views but then again I’m going to take it with a grain of salt until the resort officially opens.
Again, like VGF (if this is indeed the case). Lake view rooms face away from MK so no chance of MK fireworks from a preferred room.

Already did!
I'll be in touch ... we'll be there over New Year's.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter