Just added on Riviera at WDW... yes I know about the restrictions. The resort is gorgeous!

€lairebear

Mouseketeer
After researching and reading all threads about riviera I finally added on! After seeing the resort and rooms at wdw and sitting in the skyliner I’m blown away. I couldn’t take the plunge without seeing the room and property in person. It’s beautiful. I was told by the guide that for firework views you won’t see it with preferred views but standard. The views for standard rooms are not the greatest during the day as it’s the view of the parking lot however at night we will be able to have firework views. I’m so excited and the rooms are very nice and spacious. Can’t wait to stay there.

I was told by the guide that for firework views you won’t see it with preferred views but standard. The views for standard rooms are not the greatest during the day as it’s the view of the parking lot however at night we will be able to have firework views.

I don't buy it if you look at a map you will see the main angle of the building away from the lake is looking NE when Epcot is NW from the resort.

We will see in the next week but those room for sure won't see HS and mostly likely won't see MK. Epcot possibly standing out on the balcony.

Yes a portion will be in the rooms with a direct on view but I suspect with such a small percentage of the rooms Standard they are the ones over the main building.

The ones in the buildings on the west side will be premium because they can see fireworks.

Correct me if I am wrong anyone.

I don't buy it if you look at a map you will see the main angle of the building away from the lake is looking NE when Epcot is NW from the resort.

We will see in the next week but those room for sure won't see HS and mostly likely won't see MK. Epcot possibly standing out on the balcony.

Yes a portion will be in the rooms with a direct on view but I suspect with such a small percentage of the rooms Standard they are the ones over the main building.

The ones in the buildings on the west side will be premium because they can see fireworks.

The guide I spoke with was checking in to the resort yesterday for the cast members preview. I bumped into her at Epcot later in the day. Views aside she also mentioned the check in experience is top notch and actually the best. The moment you walk in a cast member will greet you and have you sit at the waiting in the lobby while they process your check in and apparently you never even have to go to the check in desk. It was the skyliner location and the ease of use that sold me on the resort. Views wise if we get a fireworks view great if not we have 50 years to enjoy various views at each check in. I was surprised she mentioned preferred views has no fireworks views but then again I’m going to take it with a grain of salt until the resort officially opens. We own at copper creek too. We love the resort it’s our first welcome home stay and transportation isn’t bad at all! So happy we have an mk resort and another resort for ease of access to Epcot/hs.

I am interested in that check-in experience. Do they just have a ton of extra people sitting around doing nothing?

I am interested in that check-in experience. Do they just have a ton of extra people sitting around doing nothing?
I’m not sure guess we will hear a bunch about the check in on Monday. The guide I spoke with who is not my official guide told me when she walked in to check in they were approached by a cast member and welcomed them home by their last name and had them sit at the lobby couch and served them coffee while they waited for their check in. They didn’t even need to go through the check in desk. She mentioned the check in experience is so diff compared to other dvc resorts. After her experience yesterday she added on more points so she could stay at a 1 bedroom more frequent. I’m excited and love to hear what others experience when it opens. They’re doing a trial run for the past week or two to make sure everything runs smoothly from opening day onwards. Debating if we should stop by on opening day or if it will be too hectic.

I'm pretty sure MK is a moot point here; RIV won't have views of those fireworks at all (unless my sense of height, scale and distance is just completely off; though even if you could see them they'd be tiny).

I don't have any "insider info," but based on Disney's description of "Preferred Views" (view of garden, pool, or water) and the rough proportion of Preferred to Standard-view rooms, it seems like the view category you choose will not be the best predictor of whether you will be able to see fireworks. Just some examples:

- If you're in the "pool-facing" (likely Preferred view) portion of the West Wing, you basically have no chance to see fireworks because you're facing directly away from both EP and HS.
- If you're in the East Wing facing the parking lot (probably Standard view), you may be able to see Spaceship Earth if you lean out, but World Showcase is further to the "left" from that vantage and thus the fireworks likely won't be visible from there.

Honestly it seems like folks staying at RIV aren't prioritizing their view based on "oh, I really want to see Carribbean Beach from my room." Disney should have categorized things like BLT, based on lake or theme park views, because that's what people care about.

I’m not sure guess we will hear a bunch about the check in on Monday. The guide I spoke with who is not my official guide told me when she walked in to check in they were approached by a cast member and welcomed them home by their last name and had them sit at the lobby couch and served them coffee while they waited for their check in. They didn’t even need to go through the check in desk. She mentioned the check in experience is so diff compared to other dvc resorts. After her experience yesterday she added on more points so she could stay at a 1 bedroom more frequent. I’m excited and love to hear what others experience when it opens. They’re doing a trial run for the past week or two to make sure everything runs smoothly from opening day onwards. Debating if we should stop by on opening day or if it will be too hectic.

Always remember you were speaking to a timeshare sales person who might color these things a specific way. And I too believe that was incorrect information about Preferred view and fireworks but more will be learned about that when people start posting what they had booked and where they were placed.

It sounds like they're going more for a check in set up like they have at VGF vs the traditional hotel. Overall I like the online direct to room though and grab a coffee on the way up!

Enjoy your purchase!

When we arrived @ BCV in late October we were greeted by a CM holding a iPad as we entered the lobby. He ask if he could help and we said we were checking in. He proceeded to check us in. We never went to the reception desk.

Congratulations! I am excited to tour the resort on Tuesday. I leave tomorrow for a BLT/BCV stay, and we plan to take the Skyliner over to check it out!

As mentioned, I think we will get a better idea of everything once people stay! I have a feeling I’ll be staying SV most of the time to stretch my points, but how cool would it be if some of those rooms, like BLT, have a small view of fireworks!

Congratulations! I am excited to tour the resort on Tuesday. I leave tomorrow for a BLT/BCV stay, and we plan to take the Skyliner over to check it out!

As mentioned, I think we will get a better idea of everything once people stay! I have a feeling I’ll be staying SV most of the time to stretch my points, but how cool would it be if some of those rooms, like BLT, have a small view of fireworks!

Make sure you keep us updated on your first impressions!
We will get there on Friday to BWV!

We've reserved a standard view 1-bedroom for early February, and this thread made me wonder whether a moderator or owner will start a "Riviera views" thread where I could post a photo of the view from our room, if no one else has posted that one by then.

We can definitely start one! I won’t be staying there till next August, but I am sure we can get one going!

We can definitely start one! I won’t be staying there till next August, but I am sure we can get one going!
Maybe you can start it, and you and the other moderators can maintain it (update post #1 as people add photos).

...they were approached by a cast member and welcomed them home by their last name and had them sit at the lobby couch and served them coffee while they waited for their check in.
so I have checked in at CCV/BRV and GFV and people met me at the curb to check me in. At GFV they also have beautiful desks/chairs for you to sit while they do your paperwork. Not sure how RIV is any better then that.

we have thrown the idea around about purchasing DVC so we book 2 nights at the end of our Christmas week to see if we like Riviera. If we do, I may pull the trigger.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter