Just a little rant we've all been here

shelby2001

<font color=99CC99>Always thought "I'm a Believer"
I knew this day would come when my daugher would be 10 and considered an adult, I just thought it would be later rater than sooner. Therefore I'm having a hard time with the pricing since I'm so use to having 2 kids in the 3-9 age bracket. Oh my goodness my babies are growing up. :earseek:

Oh honey...I'm with you on that one. For our first family trip in 2000, we were 3 adults (1 10-year old) and 2 children. When we returned in 2003, we were 4 adults and 1 child. It really hurt to buy those 7-day park hoppers!! BUT.......my "baby" turns 10 this Summer, so our Thanksgiving trip this year will be for <b>FIVE</b> adults!! Now that <i>really</i> hurts!!! :earseek:

Well, I'll make you feel better. At least she still wants to go. My daughter will be 15 and has told me that she does NOT want to go to Disney with us this year. She said she'd rather stay home. Huh? Is she crazy!! Some kids would love to go.

So, I don't know if I should force her (and make the rest of us miserable), give her to my sister and I'll take one of her kids or forget going to Disney this summer.

So, yes they do grow up and reality has told me that not everyone enjoys this trip as much as I do.

I understand your situation. :grouphug:

Oh - and one more thing. My son is turning 18 and he still wants to go. Yeah, now we'd have to pay extra for him to be in the same room with us. I guess it gets worse before it gets better. :rolleyes:

Wait it gets better. On our family trip in in October it was a change of pace when the kids put the parents to bed and then headed for the hotel lounge. :)

ditto ditto ditto the op's post... my dd turned *ten* today!! where did the time go?! not to mention, now she's going to cost me more at wdw! sigh...

You know what? I didn't even think about this.. but we were just at Disney using a child parkhopper from 2002 when my daughter was 9 - she is 11 now.

I didn't even think about it, I still have 3 more days left on that hopper and 3 pluses... should I have upgraded hers to adult?

Maybe you can capitalize on this. My daughter, now 21, won't go with "us", (hasn't for a few years) which includes the dreaded brother. She will however go with me. And of course, can't leave out brother, so the two of us go at a different time as well. We do 4 or 5 day trips during the quiet times, like Sept. and Jan. I end up getting plenty of Disney !! Flights and Rooms are cheap during those times, and everything is walk on. :cool1:

Cass said:
You know what? I didn't even think about this.. but we were just at Disney using a child parkhopper from 2002 when my daughter was 9 - she is 11 now.

I didn't even think about it, I still have 3 more days left on that hopper and 3 pluses... should I have upgraded hers to adult?

We have unused plus options on a child PH. Do we have to upgrade to use. If so where?

I've heard you can upgrade a child PH to an adults for free. Can anyone confirm?

Nolcrest said:
Well, I'll make you feel better. At least she still wants to go. My daughter will be 15 and has told me that she does NOT want to go to Disney with us this year. She said she'd rather stay home. Huh? Is she crazy!! Some kids would love to go.

So, I don't know if I should force her (and make the rest of us miserable), give her to my sister and I'll take one of her kids or forget going to Disney this summer.

So, yes they do grow up and reality has told me that not everyone enjoys this trip as much as I do.

I understand your situation. :grouphug:

I like the idea of giving your dd to your sister and taking one of her kids! My, wouldnt that surprsie her. :earseek: Our DD17 still loves to go with us. We have let her take friends a couple of times which is really enjoyable to all of us.

Good luck!

My understanding is if you had bought a child's PH when they were under 9 & there are days left on it, the child can still use it even if they have since passed the 9 year old age limit. Since it is more cost effective to use the days than it is to upgrade, I would verify this. But I'm pretty sure that's the deal. My friend was told her son could use his child's hopper even tho he is past 9 now.

I'm lucky - my 16 year old still wants to go with us. Now I am socking away cash for his Senior Trip/HS Graduation trip in the summer of '06. That's going to be weird, sending him & a friend to WDW & not going with him!

Nolcrest, we have the same problem with our 15yr old son. He does not want to go with me anymore unless he can bring someone. I have a 13 yr old who still loves to go. We went in August and we had some of his cousins go who were his age and he had no problem. On Saturday my daughter and I will be going without the boys. All girls trip! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter