Jurassic World Raptor Encounter

DodgerGirl

Crazy For The Mandalorian
My mom and I saw the Jurassic World Encounter on Youtube and I would like to know more about it? From what Mom and I saw on Youtube you get to see Blue and she interacts and you can take photos. I didn't know about this since I adore Blue a lot and my mother wants to see this too someday

Oh it is great! Definitely worth checking out. Does get a line, but you can watch Blue interact with others while waiting.

I think they also switch between Blue and another raptor? You can always ask the attendant at the front of the line.

Is the other raptor you're referring to named Tango? Mom and I did notice another raptor in the video and the handler in the video mentioned that it's name is indeed Tango. Mom and I just adored that video and after she saw it Mom said that she wants to go see it at Universal Studios someday but I don't know if Mom will freak out at Blue when she sees her

That sounds like it could be the name of the other raptor.
Watching other people get scared by the raptors is half the fun of doing the encounter. It is amazing how it seems scary even though you know it is not real.

When we did the encounter a few years ago, it was a full-sized raptor scaring people. When we went this August, it was a handler holding a baby raptor. It was cute, but definitely a different experience. Does anyone know if they're still doing the jump-scare encounter?

There are actually THREE different raptors! My kids loved it so much that we ended up meeting all three. Blue, from the movie, is full sized and can be a little scary. There are also her two "little sisters" - Tango and Sierra. Tango is sort of a toddler raptor, and is held in the arms of the handler (who is an amazing puppeteer). Sierra is a newborn, and I freely admit I literally cried when we did this one. It was MAGICAL. So realistic. If you ask at the entrance they can tell you who is greeting when. Tango seemed to be out the most on our trip last week, but they did say Blue and Sierra were also meeting, just not quite as often. But you can definitely get all three in one day if you want!

Blue has another sister named Sierra? I didn't even know Tango and Blue were sisters because it was never mentioned in Jurassic World. But I bet getting a chance to hold Tango or Sierra would be very exciting to do. I love Blue so much I got a plushie of her and the plushie of Blue is really cute

I did this and it was wonderful. I did this years ago, so it may have changed since then. You get to watch other people while you wait in line, and that's fun. When it's your turn, you don't get to see that match because the raptor is behind you, but the handler gives you direction. I gave one of the photographers my camera to take pictures, and I got an excellent picture of me with the raptor.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter