Juneteenth set to become a federal holiday in the USA

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the date of this so called holiday?
It's June 19th.

My company started celebrating this last year as a US holiday. It marks the day that slavery truly ended in the US... 2 years after the Civil War ended.

I personally think its a good reminder of freedom and equality that is supposed to be present in the US. Hopefully, this remembrance will bring it closer to being so.

What is the date of this so called holiday?
June 19th, 1865 marks the day that federal troops arrived in Galveston Texas to take control of the state and ensure that all slaves were actually freed. Texas was pretty much the last hold out.

I just wish it would be popularized as something other than "Juneteenth."

Last edited:
I’m glad, especially because it will irritate some people.

I doubt it will ever become a paid holiday for me. No paid MLK, Prez, Columbus, or Vets Day in my company. We do, however, get paid holidays on Good Friday and your “birthday,” which can be taken any time in the year.

I’m glad, especially because it will irritate some people.

I doubt it will ever become a paid holiday for me. No paid MLK, Prez, Columbus, or Vets Day in my company. We do, however, get paid holidays on Good Friday and your “birthday,” which can be taken any time in the year.

I love watching the annoyed folks. 🤣🤣

I work for a hospital and get 6 paid holidays a year. My SOs company and gets about 10 or more
MLK, Presidents Dat, Columbus Day. You name it. He’s off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!