Juneteenth set to become a federal holiday in the USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

They get a paid day off if it passes? :confused3
In this climate, of course it passes unanimously. I don't have a dog in the fight. Another holiday, great. I'm sure most companies will just take one day away or offer a floating day. When MLK day was added in WA State, they took away a day of Christmas. Marketers will love a June holiday, it's a dead period.

Anything on the horizon for August?

In this climate, of course it passes unanimously. I don't have a dog in the fight. Another holiday, great. I'm sure most companies will just take one day away or offer a floating day. When MLK day was added in WA State, they took away a day of Christmas. Marketers will love a June holiday, it's a dead period.

Woman's Suffrage, I'd say that deserves a Federal Holiday status

Concacaf Gold Cup final on August 11 in Las Vegas if the USMNT make it. I wish we could get a day off every time a USA sports team gets to play in a final. :-) In all seriousness, this new holiday will do a lot of good for the country I think.

And it only took about 140 years after the first one that women were allowed to participate.
I'll gladly take a holiday that commemorates that even if grumpy old men don't think it matters.
I didn’t mean it like that. I just think it should be celebrated within Election Day itself. :confused3

Sure ...Victory Day(aka VJ Day). It's a holiday here in Rhode Island -2nd Monday of August

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter