June trip- chances of Hoop Dee / Lion King / fireworks... ?

I forgot the links just spin and spin. Here's the article...

According to several cast members, Disney World has started the rehiring process for the popular dining show Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue. The show, like many things at Disney World, has been closed since March of 2020.

There’s no official word yet when the show might be returning but this is certainly a good sign. Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue is one of the longest-running dinner shows in American history.
Even though the link keeps spinning, you can click on it and open it.

I really miss fireworks. Maybe by 2024 they’ll be back.

Hoop Dee Doo is a fun dinner show. The history of it is fascinating. I don’t think it will come back and be the same. Hopefully this will return some time this year.

I think they can find a way to do Hoop Dee Doo safely. Remove 1/2 the tables to allow for proper distancing. Eliminate the performers interacting with the guests. Attempt to enforce masks while not actively eating or drinking. Besides the stage show (which IMO doesn't pose any sort of risk as long as you keep guests 6+ feet away) and the interaction between the performers and guests, it isn't any different than any other sit-down dinner. As more of those start to open up, I can't see any reason why this wouldn't as well.

I think they can find a way to do Hoop Dee Doo safely. Remove 1/2 the tables to allow for proper distancing. Eliminate the performers interacting with the guests. Attempt to enforce masks while not actively eating or drinking. Besides the stage show (which IMO doesn't pose any sort of risk as long as you keep guests 6+ feet away) and the interaction between the performers and guests, it isn't any different than any other sit-down dinner. As more of those start to open up, I can't see any reason why this wouldn't as well.
Some of the problem is the interaction between performers. Singing spreads virus into the air farther and more forcefully than ordinary talking, and dancing usually requires being closer than 6 feet. So the entire show would have to be rewritten and reblocked. Disney has to protect its CMs as well as its guests.

Some of the problem is the interaction between performers. Singing spreads virus into the air farther and more forcefully than ordinary talking, and dancing usually requires being closer than 6 feet. So the entire show would have to be rewritten and reblocked. Disney has to protect its CMs as well as its guests.
That's a valid point, but my thinking is that if the NBA, NFL, pro wresting/MMA, etc. are able to proceed with vaccinations and regular testing, surely a stage show can happen with proper precautions as well. Not to mention, Broadway is targeting September of this year to open again, too. But maybe I'm just being overly optimistic since I'll be there in December...

My grandson was one of those picked to go onstage with the performers. A real Kodak moment. Hope when show comes back there are interactions as that was part of the fun of the show. And it will be back, as this was a Big money maker.

Last edited:
Hoping for some news on Hoop-Dee-Doo. If they can move that into production again soon, that means good things for the possible return of Yeehaw Bob.
that is what my husband is hoping for. we saw him for the first time on our last trip in 2019 and him and my mom LOVED him. my dad and i weren't as thrilled, but we were also tired, hungry, and soaking wet from the rain. maybe next time we see him we'll have a better time

Hi
When do you think shows will come back?
we are traveling on June.. am I too optimistic?
Thanks

My prediction is that you see some things being phased back in this Summer. That means shows and fireworks. If capacity gets increased to over 50%, I believe that is when the fireworks will be added back as well as some shows. They are already ramping up hiring and I believe more restaurants will open as capacity increases. Just makes sense logistically and economically.

that is what my husband is hoping for. we saw him for the first time on our last trip in 2019 and him and my mom LOVED him. my dad and i weren't as thrilled, but we were also tired, hungry, and soaking wet from the rain. maybe next time we see him we'll have a better time
We saw him on our 2019 trip, and it was a fantastic time. Apparently when my parents went years ago on an anniversary trip, my father was waiting at the River Roost for a table at Boatwrights during Bob's show. Like Bob does, he called my father out from the stage, saying, "Where ya from?" My father, ever the wise-bum, said, "Mars." Of course, without missing a beat, Bob replied, "Oh, me too!" My father was flabbergasted, being outclassed by a professional. 😆

Good news is that the CDC requirement is now 3 feet and not 6. lol

That's a valid point, but my thinking is that if the NBA, NFL, pro wresting/MMA, etc. are able to proceed with vaccinations and regular testing, surely a stage show can happen with proper precautions as well. Not to mention, Broadway is targeting September of this year to open again, too. But maybe I'm just being overly optimistic since I'll be there in December...
and don't forget concerts. They are back in full swing. So are kid stage shows like Baby Shark, Nick Jr Stage touring shows, etc. Full swing again. Heck, in Texas, no capacity requirements for concerts outside right now. Been to a few myself with thousands of people.

Or they only allow those vaccinated to perform.

Hi! Any updated rumors please :)..?
our summer trip is coming!
A version of Festival of the Lion King is back. The cast of Hoop-De-Doo is being recalled, as well as many fireworks technicians, but no formal announcements have been made. Best guess is mid to late summer for any additional entertainment offerings at this point-in-time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter