June 3, 2023 9-Night Mediterranean with Greek Isles Cruise from Barcelona - Disney Dream

kalel29

Dis Dad #101
Hello all! Didn't see a thread started yet, and we are less than a year away. Hope to hear from fellow passengers soon!

We are booked on this cruise. So excited! But need to start planning! Where should I start? 😬

We are booked on this cruise. So excited! But need to start planning! Where should I start? 😬
I was in the same boat (hehe) as you. Trying to figure out where to start. If you look at the big picture we are less than 5 months away!😬 I created a checklist in Google spreadsheet of what I still had left to do and the hard deadline of getting the task done. In the past few days I have booked flights, pre and post cruise hotel stays, and transportation needed throughout the vacation. I still have a ways to go, but everything is coming together.

I was in the same boat (hehe) as you. Trying to figure out where to start. If you look at the big picture we are less than 5 months away!😬 I created a checklist in Google spreadsheet of what I still had left to do and the hard deadline of getting the task done. In the past few days I have booked flights, pre and post cruise hotel stays, and transportation needed throughout the vacation. I still have a ways to go, but everything is coming together.
Thank you! Yes, I feel like it is slowly creeping up on us. May I ask where you are staying pre and post?

Pre - Hotel SB Plaza Europa
Post - Gravina Suite Frattina
Going to look into the hotels. Thank you! If you don’t mind sharing…what airline are you using? I’m trying to narrow down the options. And also debating where to use DCL air or book on our own. Thank you!

Going to look into the hotels. Thank you! If you don’t mind sharing…what airline are you using? I’m trying to narrow down the options. And also debating where to use DCL air or book on our own. Thank you!
Not a problem. Edit on the post stay location. We are going back to the drawing board on that. We didn't realize it was just a guest house. We prefer a hotel. For the airlines, we are going on United, both ways. I used a combination of Google Flights and Expedia to find the cheapest fares. I also hear Skyscanner is good too.

When looking at airlines, don't forget to check European carries as well. We have outbound booked on Air France and return on British Airways. I've flown to Europe on US carriers too, but it's worth taking a broad look at who is flying to your destination.

Following along… be aware -an book soon- that Barcelona hosts F1 race that weekend; also that Disney has released GTY discounts already..
Happy planning!

Just switched from a confirmed Oceanview to Veranda GTY. Saved $2,000 and a better room? Yes please. Seems to be a lot of verandas left to choose from.

Thank you everyone for all your ideas and suggestions! So we ended up getting air through Disney.

Now we’re looking at accommodations/transfers. Any ideas?

Slowly piecing together our trip.

Does anyone know if there is a pirate night on this cruise and if so, which night? That’s always the night I try to do Palo because I don’t like the pirate menu. Of course something got messed up with my Castaway Club number not being on my reservation and I could have booked it a month ago but am just now realizing it. So who knows if anything is even left.

I called DCL and Pirate Night is on Day 6 (Athens) with surprisingly a lot of reservations left for Palo.

We have sailed from Barcelona with DCL several times, and we enjoyed staying at the Royal Ramblas Hotel pre cruise.
It is right on La Ramblas and only 10 minutes away from the port. They offer an extensive buffet breakfast that can be added as an option. We found it reasonably priced.

Good to know. What is typically on the Pirates menu?

I’m not sure if outside links are ok to post but if you google “Disney Cruise Line pirates night menu” there are blogs that have screenshots. Lots of seafood and jerk-marinated meats which just personally aren’t my favorite so I choose that night for Palo.

Check in opened for me last night but I could have sworn a few days ago it was May 4th was when check in was available. Either way, checked in now just impatiently waiting for my VGT assignment!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts