June 23rd DIS meet in Epcot

Disneyolic

DIS Veteran
Epcot DIS Meet
Saturday June 23rd

7:30 - 8 pm
Meet in Norway for a drink of choice and mingling. We will meet on the water's edge side of Norway.

8 pm
Let's all ride Maelstrom together and get a great photo!

Attending For Sure:
Disneyolic....DawnMaree & Rob, DS 7, DS 6, DD 2+
twob4him....Cathy & Edmund, DD 9, DD 3, DD 2
Ragnrok......Tony & Scilla
karibritt1.....Kari & Wynn, DS 9, DD 4
kate2961.....Kate & DH, DS 6½

I am currently trying to put together a DIS meet in Epcot on Saturday June 23rd. So far, it's pretty much up in the air exactly where but here's what I am thinking...

Meeting sometime around 7:30 or 8 pm in World Showcase for a drink of choice (wine, beer, smoothie, soda....). Or we can ride Maelstrom together.

British Invasion plays at 8 pm
MoRockin plays at 8:20 pm

Or we can skip around the park while holding hands...

Let me know your ideas and if you want to join on in or for any suggestions.

This page will be updated as plans become more firm.

Great idea! Count me in for the Maelstrom/drink part....that would be right after dinner...perfect! :banana:

I was hoping for the Maelstrom ride but some people think it's boring. I think it's fun. We rode it 4 times in a row one evening right before Illuminations (we skip the film at the end).

Now, we have to get Rags on Rocks over to this thread to join in...

I up for skipping around the park holding hand! :rotfl2: Actually the 23rd sounds great, I'll be staying at my parents w/dd and her bff...this would be a great break! Any plans yet?

I up for skipping around the park holding hand! :rotfl2: Actually the 23rd sounds great, I'll be staying at my parents w/dd and her bff...this would be a great break! Any plans yet?
Excellent... It's great to get more people for a meet. I thought the skipping while holding hands may spark an interest...:lmao: If everyone is up for it, maybe a drink in Norway and riding Maelstrom may be fun... We could get a CM to take our picture in the Viking Ship.

Jennz - please visit our DISers Stalking DISers thread. You will have a lot of fun over there!!! The link is in my siggie!

I am up for it too. We have dinner reservations for 6:15 pm so 7:30 or 8 pm would be great!! And we will be right there in Norway. Just look for the three Princesses....lol , princess: princess: princess:

I'd love to come, maybe I can find a way, I love locally but my fiance' goes to work at 10pm and we live about 1 hour away from EPCOT, so this would be tight. Maybe I could have him take the night off, would love to meet some fellow DISers. And I love Norway!

I'd love to come, maybe I can find a way, I love locally but my fiance' goes to work at 10pm and we live about 1 hour away from EPCOT, so this would be tight. Maybe I could have him take the night off, would love to meet some fellow DISers. And I love Norway!
That would be great! Plus I would love to talk to you about Cape Canaveral as we vacationed there last October and are talking about going back next year. A friend of ours owns a condo on the beach!

This would be a great meet if we can get everyone to show up! Picture opportunity for sure!!!! :thumbsup2

I have updated the first post, trying to get things more firmed up. Check it out and tell me how that sounds...

I have an ADR at LeCellier at 6:30- but I will meet up with everyone when I get out:cool1:
Ya:cheer2: Can't wait to meet ya!

Oh it would be so fun to meet you :love: I hope you can come!

Epcot DIS Meet
Saturday June 23rd

7:30 - 8 pm
Meet in Norway for a drink of choice and mingling.

8 pm
Let's all ride Maelstrom together and get a great photo!

This is still somewhat vague but as our date approaches we will firm up exactly where
Remember we can always "tweak" our times to suit everyone who wants to join in the fun.

We are planning on going to mass that evening and Bob's brother & sister-in-law may drive down from Jacksonville for dinner... but ..... if they don't come.....we'll come! :wizard:

YAY!! Talked to DH, and we are in! I think it was the beer that swayed him! I think Avery and Tucker will have fun riding Maelstrom with the other kids.

YAY!! Talked to DH, and we are in! I think it was the beer that swayed him! I think Avery and Tucker will have fun riding Maelstrom with the other kids.
Awesome Kari!!! We will have a whole boatload, I think. Won't that make for interesting pictures? Rob will surely share a beer with Wynn.

Depending on the weather and my mood, I'll either opt for a glass (or should I say plastic cup) of wine or some sort of smoothie.

I'm really getting excited about this meet!

SingingMom - How would you feel if I said that I hoped your family didn't join you??? :rotfl2:

Awesome Kari!!! We will have a whole boatload, I think. Won't that make for interesting pictures? Rob will surely share a beer with Wynn.

Depending on the weather and my mood, I'll either opt for a glass (or should I say plastic cup) of wine or some sort of smoothie.

I'm really getting excited about this meet!

It's BOB's family, not mine! :lmao: (MY sister isn't arriving until Monday! LOL)
Bob's DB and DSIL live in Jacksonville. Last year they drove down and met us for dinner our last night. As nice as it was to see them, it took away from the whole day - since we weren't sure "exactly" what time they would arrive. oh well. Considering we rarely spend time with HIS family and my BIG ITALIAN FAMILY is ALWAYS around... I guess I have to put up with it. :goodvibes

Mass at the shrine is 6pm... I'm going to see if there is a closer Catholic church with an earlier mass on Saturday evening.

Bob will join Rob & Wynn for that beer - I will gladly have a glass of wine - or isn't Mexico right near there? Margarita's anyone?! :drinking1

I'll keep you posted on our plans...

Mass at the shrine is 6pm... I'm going to see if there is a closer Catholic church with an earlier mass on Saturday evening.

Bob will join Rob & Wynn for that beer - I will gladly have a glass of wine - or isn't Mexico right near there? Margarita's anyone?! :drinking1

I'll keep you posted on our plans...
I think that it is great that you are still taking time to go to church even on vacation. You make me feel bad...but not that bad! :rolleyes:

Oooh...and margaritas sound scrumptious!
Margarita_2.gif

I personally am taking my vacation from church as well. I am the preschool Sunday school teacher (for the past 6 years!), on the church council, the Education committee, and chair of the 30th Anniversary planning committee. I am churched out!! I can hardly wait to sleep late on a Sunday morning! :cloud9:

I think that it is great that you are still taking time to go to church even on vacation. You make me feel bad...but not that bad! :rolleyes:

Oooh...and margaritas sound scrumptious!
Margarita_2.gif

I personally am taking my vacation from church as well. I am the preschool Sunday school teacher (for the past 6 years!), on the church council, the Education committee, and chair of the 30th Anniversary planning committee. I am churched out!! I can hardly wait to sleep late on a Sunday morning! :cloud9:

Kari - sounds a bit like my resume, too. :goodvibes I am the librarian for the parish school (where Dana has attended the past 9 years), I am a cantor (leader of song) every week, assistant direct the children's choir, Bob is a Eucharistic Minister, until recently we were "team couples" for Pre-Cana (marriage preparation classes), Bob's served on the strategic planning committee and the finance committee, and I was the Education Council secretary for four years. ;) You might say we are "involved".. :goodvibes

DM- we always find the local Catholic church if we are away on the weekend. We've been to the neatest churches all over. It's part of the vacation experience for us.
One of my favorite churches is up near Rocking Horse Ranch in the beginning of the Catskills... tiny little place... the priest pulled me aside as we were leaving and said, "You! Where did you come from??!! I heard you singing!!" It was very cute.
Another fun experience was in Bermuda - we took a taxi to Saturday evening mass... then couldn't find one to get us back! I was about to call the resort concierge to have him send us one, when the priest noticed us and had a parishioner drive us back!! Very nice woman - we had a great conversation as she told us her experiences coming from Canada and living in Bermuda!

Just more things to add to our vacation memories! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter