June 21st and Islands only open till 8pm BLAH!

Blackout

Earning My Ears
Man, I have to tell you, I am very upset with Islands skimpy operating hours and at how early they close. One of my favourite times at Islands of Adventure is at night and once again they are closing the park at 8pm during the days I am going. When are they going to get a clue and keep the park open a little later? They only seem to be open till 10pmn during July and a little of August and that's it. Disney is open till midnight on many nights. Come on Islands stop being so skimpy on the night time hours.

- Blackout

boxrposter-rlive-joinc.jpg

They closed at 7:00 both nights we were there:( I would have liked to see it at night also - but it probably saved us from ourselves! We did get plenty of sleep for a change!

also arriving 21 (from cruise on Carnival Jubilee?) cannot believe shut down is 8PM..3 sons 22,l6,l5 is there anything on citywalk besides bars (comedy-magic show, etc) to do after hours?? only have 2 day/nights..

i think that if the park is closed at 8 it is really no problem. i mean you can finish the park easily by lunch. really 8 is a reasonable time for them to close.

Finish the park by noon? I had FOTL and couldn't finish by noon! I'm guessing you mean - finish the Hulk, Dueling Dragons and Spiderman!!;)

Finishing the park has NOTHING to do with it.. I have finished the park many times. I ENJOY the park a lot more at night, yet I can't really enjoy it because they are not open at night.

They should at LEAST be open till 10pm starting in June. 8 pm sucks.

Early park closing IS a problem when you don't leave the hotel room till noon...LOL

Very simple explanation for the 8pm closing: The parks aren't busy AT ALL.

This summer in Orlando is expected to be the slowest summer since the early 1990's (our last recession). Bookings are down statewide. Disney has cut back operations at its theme parks and has begun the process of laying off plenty of mid-level managers.

The shorter operating hours are a result of the MUCH smaller crowds. Trust me, right now the crowds at the park seem more like mid-January - and not late-May/early-June.

Just get to the parks by 10am and you will have PLENTY of time to see and do everything the Universal parks have to offer. And yes, by July the 10pm closings return.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter