June 21, 2014 Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean Meet Up

This will be our 1st cruisd and we are very excited, it will be just the 3 of us on this adventure: Tim, Kelly and TJ (who will be 15 when we sail). Any advice for 1st timers?

Welcome to the group! :welcome:

The most useful tip I can give you is to do a lot of reading here on the DIS boards and also over on Cruise Critic, which has great information about the ports and possible excursions. Also, feel free to ask questions here on the meet thread; many of us have cruised DCL before and would be happy to help you. We also have a Facebook page if you'd like to check it out:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/494617903904145/

Most important of all, just relax and plan to have a great time! :)

This will be our 1st cruisd and we are very excited, it will be just the 3 of us on this adventure: Tim, Kelly and TJ (who will be 15 when we sail). Any advice for 1st timers?

welcome: aboard Mickey's Jamaican Fantasy. :cool1::cool1: Also please feel free to join our FB page as well https://www.facebook.com/groups/494617903904145/ . The best advise I can give is to relax on the cruise and do not try to do all the activities DCL makes available. If you have any other questions regarding the cruise or itinerary please feel free to ask away.

Thank you, we've been reading the posts both here and on Facebook and we appreciate your advice. There is so much, we have learned alot so far and look forward to learning more before our trip.

For those who may be wondering, the dining rotations for our cruise are:

1) RAERAAE
2) AERAEER
3) ERAERRA

R= Royal Court, A= Animator's Palette, E = Enchanted Garden

Formal night is Sunday (sea day), Pirate Night is Wednesday (Jamaica), semi formal night is Thursday (sea day).

Good morning fellow cruisers. Another week has gone by.
We now have only

weeks to go to the Fantasy. :cool1::cool1::cool1:

Greetings all. As we suspected we would do, we have cancelled the cruise. DD18 has a dance competition the same week, so we are planning a WDW trip in July instead. Have a great time, and we will be thinking of you.

We now have only

Hi all! This will be our second Disney cruise & we are getting excited! My DH and I have one 9 year old DD (Kate) and we previously sailed on the Wonder in 2010. We will be joined by my MIL/FIL plus my husbands brother, wife & 2 DDs ages 7 & 9. We are celebrating my in laws 50th anniversary and the entire group are lovers of all things Disney.

I have given myself quite a headache looking up excursions today! Any recommendations for a family of three with a 9 year old? We are good for CC but I'm really struggling with Jamaica!

Thanks!

Greetings Fellow Cruisers, our Family will be sailing with DCL for the first time. DW and I are veteran cruisers from other line. Cruising with us will be myself, (Bob) DW Marie, Cabin #5534. DD Kristi, Husband Jason, Granddaughters Kaitlyn (7) and Alyson (4) Cabin # 6534, DD Amy, DS Matt and Future DIL Amanda Cabin #6636. Still trying to figure out what this Fish Extenders thing is all about. Should be an awesome trip!

Rookie mistake, DD Amy, DS Matt, and Amanda are in Cabin #6536. Not 6636. Mia Culpa!

Greetings Fellow Cruisers, our Family will be sailing with DCL for the first time. DW and I are veteran cruisers from other line. Cruising with us will be myself, (Bob) DW Marie, Cabin #5534. DD Kristi, Husband Jason, Granddaughters Kaitlyn (7) and Alyson (4) Cabin # 6534, DD Amy, DS Matt and Future DIL Amanda Cabin #6636. Still trying to figure out what this Fish Extenders thing is all about. Should be an awesome trip!

:welcome: aboard Mickey's Jamaican Fantasy. :cool1::cool1: Also please feel free to join our FB page as well https://www.facebook.com/groups/494617903904145/ . Please see post #7 of this thread for more information regarding the FE and joining the group. If you have any other questions regarding the cruise or itinerary please feel free to ask away.

Hi all! This will be our second Disney cruise & we are getting excited! My DH and I have one 9 year old DD (Kate) and we previously sailed on the Wonder in 2010. We will be joined by my MIL/FIL plus my husbands brother, wife & 2 DDs ages 7 & 9. We are celebrating my in laws 50th anniversary and the entire group are lovers of all things Disney.

I have given myself quite a headache looking up excursions today! Any recommendations for a family of three with a 9 year old? We are good for CC but I'm really struggling with Jamaica!

Thanks!

I am struggling with excursions too! Jamaica is tough because Disney has not yet sailed there, so no recommendations. Was thinking of Dunn's River Falls but not excited by a 70 minute bus ride each way..............

We now have only

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter