June 2022 car rental

garrity2001

Earning My Ears
Hi! I’ve made/cancelled a few car rental reservations for ONE week in mid June 2022 through Priceline or Expedia. Each time I cancel my previous reservation and reserve another car at a cheaper rate. The last time I cancelled and made another reservation, I saved $65. As of now, I have an SUV reserved for $305/wk for mid June which I think is pretty good.I will keep looking but what is everyone else’s rates?

Undercover tourist deal. 16 days, intermediate size car from Budget for $543.

Hi.
Can I please ask that when UT is showing the price for the car, it is NOT the correct price until I purchase
the ticket. Am I just guessing it will be 50% off?
Thank you.

Hi.
Can I please ask that when UT is showing the price for the car, it is NOT the correct price until I purchase
the ticket. Am I just guessing it will be 50% off?
Thank you.
Put any type of ticket (included a movie ticket) into your cart, then go to the car rental section and you'll see the discounted prices. Budget and Avis rentals are discounted, the others stay the same price. We saved more than 50%, says we saved over $900. I bought theme park tix since we needed them anyways.

Put any type of ticket (included a movie ticket) into your cart, then go to the car rental section and you'll see the discounted prices. Budget and Avis rentals are discounted, the others stay the same price. We saved more than 50%, says we saved over $900. I bought theme park tix since we needed them anyways.

Thank you!

Has anyone had any luck with any other promo codes for June? Best so far is UCT. I cannot find anything close, although I would prefer to not have to stand at the counter, which you have to do at Budget through UCT.

Has anyone had any luck with any other promo codes for June? Best so far is UCT. I cannot find anything close, although I would prefer to not have to stand at the counter, which you have to do at Budget through UCT.
I’m in the same boat for early June. I have $307 with UT (Budget). I also have $418 for Thrifty direct where I could go straight to the garage. I’m torn. I don’t want to spend the extra money but I’m afraid Budget lines will be enormous. I can’t find anything close to either of those rates lately.

I’m in the same boat for early June. I have $307 with UT (Budget). I also have $418 for Thrifty direct where I could go straight to the garage. I’m torn. I don’t want to spend the extra money but I’m afraid Budget lines will be enormous. I can’t find anything close to either of those rates lately.
Have you used Thrifty before? Just curious. I was going to look into them as well. How long is your rental. We have 9 days, but they are counting it as 10 due to pick up/drop off times and I have $420 at UCT at this point.

Have you used Thrifty before? Just curious. I was going to look into them as well. How long is your rental. We have 9 days, but they are counting it as 10 due to pick up/drop off times and I have $420 at UCT at this point.
Our rental is 8 days. We used Thrifty one other time with no issues. We actually like Budget when we can use our Fastbreak #. I really wish you didn’t have to go to the counter when it’s a 3rd party rental.

Noticed Alamo dropped their prices for my rental period the first week or so of June. Was full size and under...drop was about 30%. Via Costco.
Hope ours goes down. We are there 6/5-6/11. Checked this morning and the price has actually went up about $30. We've currently got a standard through Alamo (Costco Travel) booked for $475. That's the cheapest I've seen. I've rebooked multiple times.

Noticed Alamo dropped their prices for my rental period the first week or so of June. Was full size and under...drop was about 30%. Via Costco.
Yeah I got $100 decrease which put my cost in line with my UT reservation, so I canceled UT and went with Alamo. After being an Alamo guy for years the prospect of standing in a long Budget line was bumming me out. I sacrificed a mini van for a standard SUV, but that's ok. I want to go straight to my car and not be upsold on stuff I'm going to decline anyway.

Yeah I got $100 decrease which put my cost in line with my UT reservation, so I canceled UT and went with Alamo. After being an Alamo guy for years the prospect of standing in a long Budget line was bumming me out. I sacrificed a mini van for a standard SUV, but that's ok. I want to go straight to my car and not be upsold on stuff I'm going to decline
My price has declined through Costco but still nowhere near the UT Budget rate ($582 vs $307). My dates are 5/30-6/8. I’ll keep checking.

My price has declined through Costco but still nowhere near the UT Budget rate ($582 vs $307). My dates are 5/30-6/8. I’ll keep checking.
I fully understand that. I would do the same thing. Unless the rates are competitive you're not going to pay an extra $275 just to not have to stand in line. The UT deal really has been the only good discount this year I could find. I remember in years past there used to be so many codes and discounts that could be found in any given year. For past several years though it's been slim pickings trying to find good ones that really make a difference.

I fully understand that. I would do the same thing. Unless the rates are competitive you're not going to pay an extra $275 just to not have to stand in line. The UT deal really has been the only good discount this year I could find. I remember in years past there used to be so many codes and discounts that could be found in any given year. For past several years though it's been slim pickings trying to find good ones that really make a difference.
It’s so crazy expensive. I used to pay around $150-$175 for a week. Granted, I stalked sites and codes like crazy to get prices that low but it worked.

For those that have made a reservation using the UCT discount through Avis how long did it take before it showed up on the AVIS website? I have the confirmation # that UCT sent me for AVIS but the website isn't finding it.

Jennifer

Flipped back to Budget today through a direct rental instead of UT so now I can use Fastbreak. Budget was $220 cheaper than Alamo for the exact same rental. I couldn't pass it up.

Anybody know if Budget will let you switch cars if you're not happy with the one they assign?

Last edited:
Flipped back to Budget today through a direct rental instead of UT so now I can use Fastbreak. Budget was $220 cheaper than Alamo for the exact same rental. I couldn't pass it up.

Anybody know if the Budget will let you switch cars if you're not happy with the one they assign?
I am pretty sure I got to pick my car from budget last time.

You can change cars if you don't like what they have, but sometimes (in our experience in 2020 and 2021) it's been slim pickings. Hopefully, it's better now and inventory has increased!

We're still on the fence between flying/renting a car and just driving down. If flights drop, we're going to go the UT route since the price difference between Costco is more than double than UT for the 10 days we'd need. (They've started to come down I think to fill the premium seats since all the economy ones are gone - 3 weeks ago flights were $600-$800 RT and today they're in the $400 range.)

The last long trip we needed a car for in FL was in 2018 and I think I rented a car from Costco for 12 days for about $200...times have definitely changed!

You might check Thrifty directly. The rate for my full size for June 1-8 dropped about $50 this week. Plus they have a Blue Chip program that lets you skip the counter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter