Dismeet in the Smokies 2021! Y'all Come!

Choosing a name for our upcoming trip!

• Dismeet in the Smokies 2021

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Rocky Top Dismeet 2021

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Pigeon Forge Dismeet 2021

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Dosmeet in the Mountains 2021

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dis Mountain Meet 2021

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Country Bear Vacation Hoedown 2021

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Need a couple of campground recommendations for this trip.
  • Chattanooga- thinking about stopping on the way back
  • Somewhere around Birmingham on I-65/59/459 as far south as Montgomery on I-65. Just trying to break up the drive on the way back.
We normally stay at the Cove near Gadsden on our way up to Pigeon Forge. Open to other suggestions as well for the drive up along I-59.

• Somewhere around Birmingham on I-65/59/459 as far south as Montgomery on I-65. Just trying to break up the drive on the way back.
We normally stay at the Cove near Gadsden on our way up to Pigeon Forge. Open to other suggestions as well for the drive up along I-59.

In Chattanooga the candidates include Raccoon Mtn on the west side of town (cave tours there too :sad2: ), Harrison Bay State Park on the northeast side along the TN river, and a Hamilton County park named Chester Frost that has a campground I've wanted to try on the north side of the river across from Harrison Bay.

In the Birmingham area, are you just looking for an overnight, roll in/roll out spot? Google maps will show you any number of sketchy places which are adequate. Oak Mountain State Park is the local camping spot off I65 just south of 459 but the campground is a long drive in off the highway and pretty run down/worn out. Great for hiking and biking but not trailering. Birmingham South RV in Pelham at the Tank Farm exit of I65 is close to the highway and adequate (former KOA). Also the Hoover Met RV park which is where the SEC plays their baseball tournament at the stadium there and the adjacent rv park is all blacktop and hookups. No comfort station, laundry facilities, or shade but ez on/off I459 5 miles from I65 and close to highway. We used to live 5 minutes from there. Alabaster Walmart super center parking lot is popular with rv's.

Bama Ed

Bishoparc, we are staying at the Cove on the way up June 5th and on the way back June 16th. I can recommend Birmingham South RV ... we have stayed there on several occasions. They will give you a pull-thru for a one night stand.

We are staying at Raccoon Mountain in Chattanooga on way home (June 10-12). Planning on cave tours :thumbsup2 :banana:, Lookout Mtn, some train exhibits.

Okay folks beside 10 pounds of Scrapple ( This will ensure there is plenty to keep Bama Ed Happy) I planon getting some sausage that needs to be pressed into patties from the local Ruritan Club before they close operations for the summer. How many people will we have for group breakfast so I can plan on how much to order

Count in 2 for us :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Steve and Teresa

Okay folks beside 10 pounds of Scrapple ( This will ensure there is plenty to keep Bama Ed Happy) I planon getting some sausage that needs to be pressed into patties from the local Ruritan Club before they close operations for the summer. How many people will we have for group breakfast so I can plan on how much to order

We can contribute The Farm Fresh Butt Nuggets for the morning breakfast, if that would help out.

Mike,

Include me and DW in your count.

What morning are we talking about?

Not that it matters but I was beside myself to discover that I have to hyper schedule some site seeing activities in advance (like a current WDW vacation). It sucks so bad to have to do this in Pigeon Forge in a summer - but I have gritted my teeth and done the deed. I too have booked the Titanic Museum, have a Dollywood day, and will ride behind Steam on the Great Smokey Mountain Railroad (this one is understandable since steam only runs on certain days of the week. Don't want to show up and ride it to find it's a diesel day. :sad2: )

June could turn out to be a good month for us though.... :rolleyes1

Ed

Last edited:
We are a maybe for breakfast. Really depends on the day. I do love breakfast though.

The poll for the Dismeet name is up top and open for 7 days.

Also, need to get further input on dinner items. I have the current list on post #1. this way folks won't be bringing multiples of same items. Unless it's got bacon in it. In that case multiple items is good.

Put me down for some Publix fried chicken and potato salad on Monday evening, tiggerdad.

And call on me to swap if we have too much of something but not others (entrees, desserts, sides) and I can switch around.

Ed

We are 2. We will bring a garden salad and dressing, dessert and ham.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter