June 2013 Car Rental When Best Deals

6/19 pick up at Sanford SFB at 9 PM

6/30 return at St Pete PIE at 1:15

Best combo for a mini van (needed with 2 kids in car seats, 4 adults, one wheelchair, one double stroller)..... I can get is VrommVroom with coupon bring is down to $412.96 out the door. Would love to shave about $50 off of that but rates are not budging/

I just used these and was able to get a minivan for 10 days (May 31-June9) for $362 with Alamo. This is better than I got with Budget. Is there anything I should know about these? Where are they from? Also, with Alamo it says estimated total and with Budget it said Confirmed price. Is this something I should worry about?

In all the reports I have seen, the code works fine for people. The coupon is a general coupon, no restrictions that I know of. There *IS* always the caveat that it could be rejected, so you have to be willing to take the risk. However, as I said, everything I've read about it has said it works and most people go right to the kiosk and have no problems.

In all the reports I have seen, the code works fine for people. The coupon is a general coupon, no restrictions that I know of. There *IS* always the caveat that it could be rejected, so you have to be willing to take the risk. However, as I said, everything I've read about it has said it works and most people go right to the kiosk and have no problems.

I hope so. That vroom code is my one and only ressie for my June 19 trip. No back up ressie in hand this trip. Last trip I was on hold on phone 20 min trying to cancel the back up while also driving and listening to the GPS and 2 anxious kids. :headache:

I am less than one week away and I can't seem to get any really good deals on our car rental. Haven't gotten lower than $144 all in. I can deal with that, for sure..but I thought that I read in here that the Tues before your rental date the companies dump lots of deals...have yet to see it.

Anyone else having better luck?

I am less than one week away and I can't seem to get any really good deals on our car rental. Haven't gotten lower than $144 all in. I can deal with that, for sure..but I thought that I read in here that the Tues before your rental date the companies dump lots of deals...have yet to see it.

Unfortunately no. We are going to DLR not WDW but I booked mine in March and I have not found a better rate yet. $175 full size all taxes/fees for 8 days. It's a good rate but I was hoping something better would come along. We leave Friday so this looks like the best it's gonna get.

curious: what rate are you hoping to find & is your expectation based upon previous experience for early June? if so i'll look harder;)

We have rented often, including during the last two weeks in June over the years, and it hasn't been uncommon to pay anywhere from $150 to over $200 for 8 nights despite my best efforts. i'm happy with my rate for weekly fullsize rental via alamo (under $130 codes/coupon posted earlier in this thread rate is now higher for those looking).

Rates have definitely gone up. I have two rentals - both via ALAMO for mid June - I have 5 days for 62.00 for a full size SUV. Crazy. But I am dropping it off at the Swan mid trip since I am at YC and won't need it the whole vacation....To keep it the full 10 days price jumped to 152 and that seems high to me since I don't need the car....This is about what I have paid every year.....(used visa code for both rentals and for Saturday night stay rental I used free day coupon as well)

Rates have definitely gone up. I have two rentals - both via ALAMO for mid June - I have 5 days for 62.00 for a full size SUV. Crazy. But I am dropping it off at the Swan mid trip since I am at YC and won't need it the whole vacation....To keep it the full 10 days price jumped to 152 and that seems high to me since I don't need the car....This is about what I have paid every year.....(used visa code for both rentals and for Saturday night stay rental I used free day coupon as well)

$152. for a full size SUV [airport to airport] for 10 days is an incredible rate. I'm jealous. :crazy2: Visa never gave me any better of a discount than the Alamo Insider code.

$152. for a full size SUV [airport to airport] for 10 days is an incredible rate. I'm jealous. :crazy2: Visa never gave me any better of a discount than the Alamo Insider code.

No don't get too jealous! It was TPA pickup and Dolphin drop off. I am telling you guys, dropping at the dolphin is a big money saver and I don't know why? We did it last year and it was great. GRANTED we stay at YC but still if you got a shuttle back to your hotel from dolphin and took ME to airport for us it is worth it...

We paid $105 through Budget for a Dodge Avenger for the week of June 15-22nd.

Did they MAKE you take the insurance? They MADE us when we rented during our honeymoon. Wouldn't listen that I have full coverage on my car, AAA and we are covered on my husband's credit card. DOUBLED the price of our car. Will NEVER use them again. Ever

My FULL sized for 8 days is $145, take the $152 and RUN!

If anything they were the highest I have seen this past Tues. I am going to peek again until 24hrs before and dump the car I don't want. Thrifty now has rentals for AAA members and they have GREAT prices. Can't pick your own car though!

Best rate I'm still seeing is the VROOMVROOMVROOM code 299851, and coupon AD2338FDF for Alamo. Getting $298 for 8 days, returning the car in Tampa (part of the reason I'm not seeing any other deals out there :) )

get rid of the vroom vroom code, it save you more money that way!

We leave in about 10 days and we have made the last-minute decision to take a day out from the parks and drive over to the beach, so our kids can see the ocean. But, wow, renting a car for one day is crazy, seeing as how some of you are getting a week's rental for $140-$150, and, even after putting in some codes and discounts, the best rate I can seem to get for one day is $100. Almost all these codes out here are for 4-5 days minimum. Anyone have any ideas on how to save on a one-day rental, or I am just stuck paying what I have to pay?

We leave in about 10 days and we have made the last-minute decision to take a day out from the parks and drive over to the beach, so our kids can see the ocean. But, wow, renting a car for one day is crazy, seeing as how some of you are getting a week's rental for $140-$150, and, even after putting in some codes and discounts, the best rate I can seem to get for one day is $100. Almost all these codes out here are for 4-5 days minimum. Anyone have any ideas on how to save on a one-day rental, or I am just stuck paying what I have to pay?

A lot of the coupons and codes have minimum stay requirements. If it winds up about the same, why not rent for the whole time...you'll have a lot more flexibility getting around.

Pick up at participating Budget airport locations in the U.S. until June 15, 2013.
economy or compact - $15/ weekend day Let’s go! Reserve it.

intermediate SUV - $22/ weekend day Let’s go! Reserve it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter