June 17th, 2024 - 7-Night Mediterranean w/ Greek Isles Cruise from Civitavecchia (Chania, Mykonos, Piraeus, Naples)

momabaarjo

Rather Sail Away with Mickey than Run Now
Starting this thread...hoping others will jump in and join!Map-Dream-7-Night-Greek-Isles-CVV-NAP-SEA-ATH-JMK-SDH-SEA-768x450.jpg

My name is Tammie and this will be my 4th Disney Cruise...my youngest son's 2nd and my husband's 2nd...
  • Disney Dream July 2019 Double Dip to Castaway Cay (with our youngest son aka #monsterchild/Joseph)
  • Disney Wish May 2023 4-Night Bahamas (part of a work education trip)
  • Disney Wonder June 2023 Alaska (with my dh aka #mrgrumpy/Jeff)
We will be celebrating both our 29th Anniversary and #monsterchild's high school graduation (and an early celebration of being empty nesters).

IMG_3715.jpg IMG_0851 (1).JPEG

We do have 2 older adult children, whom we have invited to go along but they are busy with being responsible adults (our dd is doing her 1st year of residency and our oldest ds is an officer with the Space Force). We may be joined by a friend of my DH and his extended family...just waiting on them to decide.

Thinking of starting a PT report to keep my planning straight and as well as counting down the days. It has been ages since I did this! LOL

I am so excited about our cabin, it's an aft-facing with an oversized verandah. On our Wonder Alaskan cruise, we had an ocean view (aft part of the ship)...loved the cabin as we could be inside and enjoy the view (and not be cold), but we spent a lot of time in the table area of Cabanas enjoying the view. When booking... I found the cabin aft facing with a balcony and jumped on it. A lot more than I really wanted to pay, but I know we will enjoy it. I did not book a placeholder, which I am kicking myself for that because I did not think that my husband would be ready to cruise again so fast, nor was Europe on our radar. Not sure what possessed me.

We have been to Italy as a family about 8 years ago...and it is one of our favorite places! We plan to go a few days early to revisit some sites in Rome & possibly Assisi. I am even considering leaving 2 weeks prior to my family and walking the Via Franciaga from Siena to Rome. I walked the Camino Frances across Spain last summer and am craving that solitude time again...when in Italy (lol).

Last edited:

Thinking of starting a PT report to keep my planning straight and as well as counting down the days. It has been ages since I did this! LOL
Oh I'd love to read your PT report if you do decide to post one. This cruise is mine and my husband's first ever and we're so excited. Any hints, tips and tricks you can share from your cruising experience will always be appreciated for me being a newbie 😊

Oh I'd love to read your PT report if you do decide to post one. This cruise is mine and my husband's first ever and we're so excited. Any hints, tips and tricks you can share from your cruising experience will always be appreciated for me being a newbie 😊
I guess that is a sign that I need to! LOL. I will be happy to share any tips or answer any questions. I have an "alias side gig" that I cannot talk about on this site when it comes to Disney planning.

I just booked a cruise for January with my best friend from college. I needed the Magic and Fantasy to complete my tri-fecta...now how to I squeeze in the Fantasy!

Last edited:
Man overboard...

Our youngest son has decided that NOW he doesn't want to go back to Italy nor does he want to sail! Don't you just love teenagers...so I guess it will be just me and Mr. Grumpy! Good thing I had not booked his flight.

Hi all!
Also just about ready to pull the plug and book this cruise for this summer and have started looking at excursions. I am having such a hard time finding reviews or information outside of DCL's website about the different options, and I am finding a FEW scary reviews about being trapped on tour busses in Athens and having awful tour guides :oops: I am wondering if anyone has any thoughts about any of the ports? I've read that Mykonos can be done on your own because there is a free shuttle bus that runs from the cruise port to the town. But I am not sure about the others.

I went to book excursions last night, and there's only 5 excursions available for Naples. What's going on?

Naples is only listing 5 excursions (none sold out). Athens has 21 (none sold out). Mykonos has 16 (none sold out). Chania has 9 (1 sold out - The Best of Chania's Culture and Wine).

I went to book excursions last night, and there's only 5 excursions available for Naples. What's going on?
It was the same this morning as well, along with one already being sold out. I'm disappointed that these are the only options through Port Adventures for this cruise, when there are so many others listed on the website.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter