June 10, 2022 - Disney Magic - 8-Night Mediterranean with Greek Isles

accio

Mouseketeer
Hello everyone!

Didn't see a thread, so decided to get one started for our cruise.

I'm accio, and a lady in her 40s from Canada sailing with five other members of my family (four adults, two children under 10). We're big Disney fans, and this will be our fourth DCL cruise. We had a fantastic time sailing the Med on our 2019 cruise, and decided to pick the Eastern itinerary for the amazing port of calls in Greece and Italy. I personally have never been to Greece, sister, BIL, mother have visited on previous land-based vacations.

We booked this 2021 Greek Isles itinerary in February 2020, were (understandably) disappointed when it was cancelled, and was very happy that Disney elected to offer it again next summer. Yay!! Looking forward to this vacation immensely, cross your fingers that this cruise sails next year :)

Get out your Rick Steves books and let the planning commence!

We booked this cruise as well! It will be DH, myself, and our 2 girls who will be 18 and 22 by the time we cruise. This trip is partly to celebrate them graduating from high school and college! This will be our 3rd cruise. 1st was Alaska in 2016, and 2nd was the Baltic Sea one in 2018. The family really wants to do a Norway trip, but they're too late in the season...my youngest will likely be at college before the cruise ends. The ports on this cruise sound interesting, be nice to visit new places and as DD16 said, nice to see the places in person that they learned about in school. Hoping next year life will be back to "normal.". For now, I'm having fun planning!

We are also booked - our daughters will be 12 and 7 on the trip. It’s cruise 6 for us (5 for younger daughter). We were supposed to do 12 night in 2020.
we’ve done western med, Alaska, Baltic, western Caribbean, and Iceland/Norway.
really excited for this trip.

Hello! Thanks for starting the thread. We’ve booked this trip also. Party of 5 from PA. Myself, husband, 2 adult children and a significant other. Had our 25th anniversary during “Covid Times,” so this will be our delayed celebration. No idea if schedules will ultimately allow us to sail, but wanted to book on Gold Day 1 for “best prices.” Hoping to add a week in Italy pre or post cruise.

Anyone in this thread trying to do Wish next year too? We are gold and hoping to snag a verandah for august next Monday.

Has anyone else booked airfare yet? We booked, but it was more expensive than last time. With Delta's new no-change fee policy, we can watch and rebook if fairs drop and get the difference in credit. But booking airfare makes it seem more real now. We are hoping this is the one that finally sticks. Third time is a charm.

Has anyone else booked airfare yet? We booked, but it was more expensive than last time. With Delta's new no-change fee policy, we can watch and rebook if fairs drop and get the difference in credit. But booking airfare makes it seem more real now. We are hoping this is the one that finally sticks. Third time is a charm.
Not yet. Not happy with current flight prices from BOS and not sure we'll end up keeping the cruise depending upon how many hoops we have to jump through to get there and back...Covid tests etc. I do have a hotel reserved for 2 nights before the cruise though, in Tarquinia.

Not yet. Not happy with current flight prices from BOS and not sure we'll end up keeping the cruise depending upon how many hoops we have to jump through to get there and back...Covid tests etc. I do have a hotel reserved for 2 nights before the cruise though, in Tarquinia.

We could end up canceling too, but would use the airfare for alternative trips if we did. I have had a pattern of being overly optimistic about far away dates during the pandemic, and I am probably falling into that trap again. One thing that would be particularly difficult is getting COVID tested in Rome if they require it for vaccinated people prior to boarding the ship, since we will there a week before boarding.

We just moved to a Western Caribbean cruise...too much uncertainty with Covid stuff and foreign travel. Doing a week at Disney World afterwards using our DVC pts. Happy to be planning something again.

For anyone that sticks with this cruise, I hope you enjoy it!

Hi! We are booked on this one as well - myself, my husband, and my two sons who will be 17 and almost 16 (turns 16 the week after). Have our hotel and airline tickets, and just booked a tour for our one day in Rome the day before the cruise so we can see the Colisseum and Vatican. We're planning to stay at the airport so we can catch the shuttle to Civitavecchia on cruise day. Still deciding if we will keep the tour - depends on the COVID side of things. If things are between peaks we'll probably keep it, but if another peak is going on, we may drop it rather than risk contracting covid between arriving and leaving. Optimistic things are forging ahead, and trying to think about excursions etc, since the booking date is coming up. This will be our 6th cruise, excited for our first Gold cruise! We're also on the Wish at new years at the end of the year for our 7th - excited about that too!

Nice to meet you all. I'll be travelling from San Jose, CA with my wife and 15-year-old. Just booked our airfare and one hotel night before departure. First time for wife and child to visit Europe. After 2 summers of cancelled "first trip to Europe", hoping this one will actually take place.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter