July W.I.S.H - Summer of Independence!

Thankful for the past month+ of sunny summer weather, but dang some rain would sure feel good.
Thankful for my little car that just keeps chugging along.
Thankful for the kitties who have such big personalities and fill the house with joy.
Thankful Disney has gone back to requiring masks in-doors, it's what we're doing here and is my preference.

The other day my Niece sent out an email about holiday plans, evidently she had had a conversation with her Mom about how they were splitting the holidays across families. In it there was a coded reference to having Christmas "somewhere in the Seattle area", which I know was code for my house, so I went ahead and said I'd do it. And now I'm obsessing about getting ready, yes in July. I've already ordered a new coffee table and am contemplating painting the bathroom. Ugh. I haven't gotten on a regular routine of having the house cleaned, but will start in August, so that part will be covered. But there is a list of other chores to take care of... surely five months is enough time to get thru them.

Thankful...
...that DS's recent hospital adventures didn't turn out to be something worse.
...for two cute kitties who make me smile.
...for a fun and just-what-I-needed trip to the zoo yesterday with my friend and her little ones.
...for a schedule change today that freed up some time.

PS: I missed Wednesday WooHoos - I'm down a couple of pounds since the last time I checked in, and have caught up my exercise minutes for the month!

I am thankful that the cop that pulled me over this morning let me go with a warning. I absolutely should have gotten that ticket. I was going 20 over the limit. I was in an area I don't know well and didn't see the signs that the speed limit reduced. He told me he doesn't like to write tickets. I am thinking he let me go as a nice birthday gift.

I was on my way to a doctor's appointment when I got pulled over. I have to get a full body check every year for skin cancer. I had precancer cells on my back shortly after having DS. While there I talked to her about how bad my skin has been itching. I have eczema since I was really little and it is normal to be itching a lot but my scalp and under my arms have been horrible lately. I was doing good for several years. Well it is back. So she put me on Dupexent. It is a shot I am going to have to give myself every 2 weeks. I am not sure for how long but one of the things I will be asking when I go back in 2 weeks. I am really hoping this helps. My skin itches so much I don't even know I am doing it any more.

Other then these 2 I have had a good birthday. We went to Outback for an early dinner and picked up an ice cream cake. DS will have soccer practice but other then that it will be a quiet night.

I am thankful that the cop that pulled me over this morning let me go with a warning. I absolutely should have gotten that ticket. I was going 20 over the limit. I was in an area I don't know well and didn't see the signs that the speed limit reduced. He told me he doesn't like to write tickets. I am thinking he let me go as a nice birthday gift.

I was on my way to a doctor's appointment when I got pulled over. I have to get a full body check every year for skin cancer. I had precancer cells on my back shortly after having DS. While there I talked to her about how bad my skin has been itching. I have eczema since I was really little and it is normal to be itching a lot but my scalp and under my arms have been horrible lately. I was doing good for several years. Well it is back. So she put me on Dupexent. It is a shot I am going to have to give myself every 2 weeks. I am not sure for how long but one of the things I will be asking when I go back in 2 weeks. I am really hoping this helps. My skin itches so much I don't even know I am doing it any more.

Other then these 2 I have had a good birthday. We went to Outback for an early dinner and picked up an ice cream cake. DS will have soccer practice but other then that it will be a quiet night.

Friday recap:

My pound lost for this week came off early in the week, I'm hoping the pattern continues and another will disappear over the weekend. My calorie intake was on point this week, just one day was a few calories over... I thought I walked enough to balance it out but in the morning the day was read again. Still struggling to increase protein and decrease carbs.

I haven't come up with something fun to do over the weekend, was thinking of going antiquing but last night I spent a lot of money on Christmas decor. I've wanted to do a pink Christmas for a couple years and decided to go for it this year and once I got started I couldn't seem to stop.

I'm about 90% sure I'm going to push my September WDW trip out to March of next year. After all this time being so careful I just can't see being comfortable intentionally putting myself into a crowed environment, even with indoor masks. I already started looking at it and hotel will be $200 more, because I have the summer discount rate right now. Airfare can still be changed without penalty. I just need to think about what else I would do for vacation now, then I'll decide for sure.

Tomorrow is the last day of the month. How are you doing with your goals?

I had to check back in the thread to see what I'd put down:

My goals for July are to drink enough water and watch the sweets!

I've been doing well with the water, and so-so with the sweets, but due to a couple of stressful, no-time-to-eat-much weeks, lost a bit of weight anyway. (Is there a silver lining emoji?)

I did catch up the missed walking minutes, though, so I'm on track to make goal in the exercise thread. :cheer2:

piglet1979: :bday:
sjrec: thanks for the dress tip. I didn't find any there, but I did finally find a dress locally! So happy to have that done!!!

Considering we were gone most of July I think I did pretty good! We'll see what the scale says tomorrow.

We have to go visit DH's mom. It's time to move her to the memory care unit of her assisted living home. She's wandered off a couple times now. This morning I went and bought bedding for a twin bed we'll have to buy her tomorrow when we're there. We don't know if the facility has told her she is moving or not!! She will not be happy. Getting old is the pits.

It's triple digits here and like Oneanne I'm just a wee bit tired of it! Rain would not be a bad thing--but let me get all this bedding off the clothesline first!! Last night I was sweating in bed while a fan blew on me. ugh I'm not doing my yoga because I don't enjoy hot yoga!!! Supposedly it's going to end soon. I've enjoyed my walks in the mornings!! Sad that ends Wednesday when I return to work. :sad:

It’s Social Saturday. Let’s play BINGO!

You can either save or print the image, then circle the movies you’ve ever watched to see where (or how many times you get bingo). Or you can just 5 movies that you’ve seen that would get you bingo. If needed and you have time, you could even try to watch one today that you haven’t seen yet! Have fun 😃

I have bingo 8 ways (I think). Looks like I know the next 2 movies I should watch. Hercules was my most recent new one. I also can’t wait to go see the new Jungle Cruise movie. I tried to get someone to go with me yesterday, but no luck :( Might have to go by myself.

Oh, I’m not even close to a single bingo, I think I only had 8 total… maybe because I don’t have kids!

off to a really slow start today, just getting out of bed at 9:30… guess my body really needed the rest. Now to get a couple things done before it gets hot.

Last edited:

OK, so the red ones I know I've seen, and the purple ones I'm guessing I saw as kid, but I'm not completely positive. So I have at least two Bingos, but maaaaaybe up to nine.

I've seen bits of both Hercules and Tangled when they were on TV, but not the whole movies.

I most likely won’t have time to watch it today though. I will go do my workout soon. Then virtual church as slept in and really don’t want to skip my workout. Then we’re having family over to celebrate my dad, brother & sister-in-laws birthdays. Self care includes physical (exercise), spiritual (church) and emotional (family time) care today.

Have a great day everyone!

I got Moana, but I’m actually on a Barbra Streisand kick this weekend. Last night I watched The Way We Were and Yentl, and this morning I’m going to loo for Funny Girl. I’ve never paid much attention to her before, but both films were really good and stood the test of time. Both had a strong woman theme and reading her bio she certainly is one and a smart one at that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter