July W.I.S.H - Summer of Independence!

I initially was thinking they were Disney movies 🤦🏻‍♀️
When I was struggling, I reread the directions and they are book titles…I’m guessing NOT Disney related. Am I correct? If so, I think I’ve got them. But I don’t want to guess so others can try. That was fun!

Thanks for posting this from WDW, @sjrec! Now go have a MAGICAL day!:tink:

All the positive health updates and vaca pics have started my day off with a good feeling, thanks all!
Trying to focus on the positives (might take a twitter break as that has been dragging me down) DH and I had a chat last night about how all the negativity and stupidity in the world takes over the news/social media and all the good news items are hidden away. There needs to be a better balance...been saying this for years...louder the last year and a half.
Where was I going with this? I feel like I had a point when I started.....
Maybe the Olympics will help bring the warm and fuzzies a bit more.

Struggling to get going today. Our church finally opened up in July, but we haven’t been back yet. I told the family next weekend we get back into that routine! I miss it! We had been watching the services virtually. But we tend to get lazy in the summer.

Looking to do a workout soon. Then do some food prep for the week. I got a watermelon to cut up and I’ll make individual salads for my lunches, just like I do for the school year. Last night my husband grilled extra chicken with dinner so I would have chicken for my salads. I have dinners planned, but it always helps when I write them on the board on the fridge. And I planned pizza & salad takeout for Friday because someone is always quick to ask for takeout. We don’t have to do the pizza, but at least that way I am planned for a dinner from a restaurant for one night this week. It helps limit us for the financial budget as well as my food budget ;)

Been very lazy here!

Next Sunday DS2 is singing/playing flute at church. That is also the day DH's mom is scheduled to move to the memory care unit (she lives 100 miles away from us!). Think there may be a little conflict there! Maybe we can pack up everything on Saturday and let someone else do the actual moving of her/her stuff Sunday. We've only been doing church virtually the past 1.5 years. It would be nice to actually go to a live service and of course we love seeing DS2!!

Saturday's weigh in was good; I didn't change decades! It was up from Wednesday's weigh in but since that was not an official scale check I am fine. Overall the numbers are moving down--ever so slowly.

The dress hunt did not go well. I saw lots of cute clothes/dresses, but nothing for the wedding. The search continues!!

Been very lazy here!

Next Sunday DS2 is singing/playing flute at church. That is also the day DH's mom is scheduled to move to the memory care unit (she lives 100 miles away from us!). Think there may be a little conflict there! Maybe we can pack up everything on Saturday and let someone else do the actual moving of her/her stuff Sunday. We've only been doing church virtually the past 1.5 years. It would be nice to actually go to a live service and of course we love seeing DS2!!

Saturday's weigh in was good; I didn't change decades! It was up from Wednesday's weigh in but since that was not an official scale check I am fine. Overall the numbers are moving down--ever so slowly.

The dress hunt did not go well. I saw lots of cute clothes/dresses, but nothing for the wedding. The search continues!!
A friend ordered a lovely dress from a store called Draper and Damon’s-they’re online of course. She also found a great dress for the rehearsal dinner at an upscale consignment store. Happy hunting!

It’s Motivation Monday! What is motivating you to end the month strong? Is there something from this list that you need to do to help you stay motivated?

I am motivated to get back on track after my vacations. I definitely needed to let loose and not worry about tracking food or doing workouts (I did a lot of walking & some kayaking on vacation anyway). But now I’m up a few pounds and struggling to get back on track. So this last week of July, I need to get myself refocused! One day at a time is the one I need to focus on from this list.

Last edited:
I need to work on surrounding myself with positivity and visualizing goals. I am generally pretty good at the goals thing...but keeping it positive man, it's been tough.
Anyone else noticing even some of their safer spaces are getting negative lately? Sssooo annoying.
Also doing a lot of risk vs reward-very important to me at this time. My DSs start camp for a week today and while I am nervous about DS6 (he is a bit delayed) I see how excited he is and know as long as he has a patient den leader he'll have an amazing time...the reward is worth the risk of mommy biting off her nails :)
Anyway yesterday the weather here was icky so not much to do...made some more zucchini cookies but didn't have real sugar so used some fake sugar stuff that I made diabetes friendly cookies for my mom...was ok in a pinch but not as good as the last batch.
Saturday I took a long walk with DD while DS9 went fishing with his grandfather and DS6 got a haircut with DH...nice to have some quiet time with her. Embraced salads for lunch the last few days...yay?
Focusing on our vaca next month and using that as motivation...started the kids on immune support vitamins for those travel colds and THAT has been a battle of wills including hiding one in a glazed munchkin! A donut hole those who dont have dunkin around them. I feel like my kids are the only ones hating flintstones vitamins! I grabbed chewable tylenol for vaca because of the liquids thing...looks like I'll be adding the liquid to my instacart order *sigh*
Have a great week everyone!

View attachment 592246
It’s Motivation Monday! What is motivating you to end the month strong? Is there something from this list that you need to do to help you stay motivated?

I am motivated to get back on track after my vacations. I definitely needed to let loose and not worry about tracking food or doing workouts (I did a lot of walking & some kayaking on vacation anyway). But now I’m up a few pounds and struggling to get back on track. So this last week of July, I need to get myself refocused! One day at a time is the one I need to focus on from this list.

One day at a time is definitely my motto right now as well! I also need to work on smart goals (and hidden in there is time management).

I am struggling lately. Last week was really rough with DD. We ate out a few times and I haven't gotten much exercise in. This week is going to be trying to get back on track. DD is still in pain but there is nothing I can do. DS's soccer will be less this week as well. I am determined to at least have my weight the same as July 1st or down a little. But I would be happy with it being the same.

I talked with the athletic trainer this weekend and he said DD's type of injury doesn't heal fast. I read online that it could be 6 weeks. She is refusing to take advil or motrin because she says they don't work. She has been using a heating pad but that is only going to help so much. When we were at my mom's on Saturday she went in the hot tub and that seemed to give her some relief. I am going to try and take her this weekend to do the same. It is really hard to see her in so much pain and there is nothing I can do to make it go away.

Motivation this week... the scale was down a pound this morning so that's a solid start to the week. July feels like it has lasted forever. Yesterday I was thinking about how long ago my business trip was and 4th of July as well, even my trip to my Sister's seems like ages ago. We're in for another week of sunny 80 degree weather, so perfect for getting more outside time and more movement.

It was another quiet weekend of doing nothing, not even the chores I thought I would tackle. I need to come up with something fun to do this coming weekend... and get my chores done during the week.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!