July W.I.S.H - Summer of Independence!

Woo hoo its DS 9th birthday and dh turned 40 yesterday!
We ended up getting takeout last night but I had the smallest burger on the menu on a lettuce "bun" and only half an order of fries...yay? Guessing ds will ask for pizza tonight. Made them compromise on one cake on Friday when my inlaws come by for dinner.
Working in the office today and hoping the weather holds off enough for a walk. We have a little walking trail around the parking lot and a few co-workers and I aim for a lap or two during lunch. One lap is about a third of a mile so twice around is pretty doable even on a warm day.
Just have to keep reminding myself humid walking is wdw prep!
Hope everyone expressing personal/family health issues are headed towards healing.

I am woohooing sleep. I got a full nights sleep except for the hour between 1 and 2. I got up to give DD mortin. She slept as well last night too. She was in a lot of pain when she went to bed and had some blood in her urine. I did call the ER to see what I should do. They said we can wait until this morning to call our doctor to get in with them unless things get worse. Thankfully they did not. I will call and get her in this morning with her doctor. She just woke up and she is doing better then last night. Pain is down to a 5 or 6 compared to the 8 last night and not blood in her urine. Giving her mortin every 6 hours seems to really be helping. We will keep up with that at least today and go from there.

I am woohooing sleep. I got a full nights sleep except for the hour between 1 and 2. I got up to give DD mortin. She slept as well last night too. She was in a lot of pain when she went to bed and had some blood in her urine. I did call the ER to see what I should do. They said we can wait until this morning to call our doctor to get in with them unless things get worse. Thankfully they did not. I will call and get her in this morning with her doctor. She just woke up and she is doing better then last night. Pain is down to a 5 or 6 compared to the 8 last night and not blood in her urine. Giving her mortin every 6 hours seems to really be helping. We will keep up with that at least today and go from there.
It's so hard to see your child in pain. Here's hoping that the doctor will help her to heal, free her from pain, and eliminate your worries.

Glad you can see the doctor today-and that the Motrin is giving her some relief.

Woo hoo its DS 9th birthday and dh turned 40 yesterday!
We ended up getting takeout last night but I had the smallest burger on the menu on a lettuce "bun" and only half an order of fries...yay? Guessing ds will ask for pizza tonight. Made them compromise on one cake on Friday when my inlaws come by for dinner.
Working in the office today and hoping the weather holds off enough for a walk. We have a little walking trail around the parking lot and a few co-workers and I aim for a lap or two during lunch. One lap is about a third of a mile so twice around is pretty doable even on a warm day.
Just have to keep reminding myself humid walking is wdw prep!
Hope everyone expressing personal/family health issues are headed towards healing.
Happy birthday to your 9 year old!
Are you traveling to Disney this summer? I wish we were going a little later but my daughter’s family have annual passes that need to be used by 8/2.

Woohoo... Summer and Sjrec are going on vacation this week! So happy for both of you and hope you have super wonderful fun times.

Woohoo... Last week I was reading a DIS thread where folks were talking about using their Thera-gun percussion massagers on their feet at the end of their park days and it got me to thinking 1) that would be great and 2) that might help my feet all the time, not just on park days, so I got one and I really like it. I've been using it on my other sore spots as well and think it is really going to help between massages.

Woohoo... we got the slightest lightest misting of rain yesterday morning, didn't even see it coming down just noticed the ground was a little damp and thought 'that's kind of odd'. Would love an actual day of rain, just one mind you, but a misting is better than nothing.

Last edited:
We were able to see the pediatrician as well as the OBGYN today. The peds doc said her urine is fine and no blood today. Must have been a fluke last night. The OBGYN was awesome. She was really good with DD. This was a new doctor for us as mine won't see kids/teens. Our peds doc recommended her. I liked her so much I am going to switch to her. So instead of driving an hour plus to mine I will go to one about 20 minutes (with traffic) to this one. She felt her belly and said that the cyst is a normal cyst that we all get each month and will just go away and is not the cause of the pain. She said that DD pulled a muscle in the abdominal wall or injured it. Mostly done while weight training with soccer. Something she would not have realized happened. They did a trigger point injection. This is a shot with lidocaine. They put in right where the pain is a poke around and only the lidocaine right at each site of the pain. This will do 2 things. 1. It is lidocaine and will numb it so the pain won't be as bad. 2. It spreads out the fibers of the abdominal wall which will give the nerves some space. She should be feeling better soon.

Happy birthday to your 9 year old!
Are you traveling to Disney this summer? I wish we were going a little later but my daughter’s family have annual passes that need to be used by 8/2.

Yup next month! I am excited but also kind of nervous, first time taking the kids on a big vaca...and I am an anxious traveler in general so positive/calming vibes and thoughts if you all have some to spare!

Had a woohoo today (I was unfortunately at my office for it) with DD. She is in speech therapy for a delay, really only says "yeah" and "ma" when she is super upset. At an assessment the other day we got something that really sounded like "more" out of her and today during her therapy she said "ball!" My mother in law texted me at my office and i almost started to cry. Super happy words are starting to come out of but bummed I wasn't there...figured I was remote working for over a year and she decides to start speaking as soon as I am back in the office...little stinker!

Last edited:
Woohoo - I’m back from our trip to Vegas. Just husband and I for our anniversary. We saw the strip, enjoyed some shows (Cirque Du Soleil O, Criss Angel & Blue Man Group). Saw the Hoover Dam and took a bus trip to the west rim of the Grand Canyon. And we even kayaked the Colorado River.

Woohoo - I go to see my cousin from San Antonio. Her family was in Vegas for her sons basketball tournament. It was so great to see them all and even got to catch one of his games!

Woohoo - My daughter asked me to go hiking tomorrow. It’s rare for my teens to imitate an activity with me/us(parents). So of course I said yes!

We were able to see the pediatrician as well as the OBGYN today. The peds doc said her urine is fine and no blood today. Must have been a fluke last night. The OBGYN was awesome. She was really good with DD. This was a new doctor for us as mine won't see kids/teens. Our peds doc recommended her. I liked her so much I am going to switch to her. So instead of driving an hour plus to mine I will go to one about 20 minutes (with traffic) to this one. She felt her belly and said that the cyst is a normal cyst that we all get each month and will just go away and is not the cause of the pain. She said that DD pulled a muscle in the abdominal wall or injured it. Mostly done while weight training with soccer. Something she would not have realized happened. They did a trigger point injection. This is a shot with lidocaine. They put in right where the pain is a poke around and only the lidocaine right at each site of the pain. This will do 2 things. 1. It is lidocaine and will numb it so the pain won't be as bad. 2. It spreads out the fibers of the abdominal wall which will give the nerves some space. She should be feeling better soon.
The doctor sounds fantastic-you must have all been very relieved.

Sorry to hear about all the ER visits. :hug:

Excited for all those about to go on vacation!:goodvibes

Summer, I look forward to hearing all about Margaritaville!

She is in speech therapy for a delay, really only says "yeah" and "ma" when she is super upset. At an assessment the other day we got something that really sounded like "more" out of her and today during her therapy she said "ball!"
That’s awesome! What a great woohoo! :woohoo:

What a relief.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!