JULY W.I.S.H. Challenge - Summer of Positive Change

Today is my 27th wedding anniversary. 👰 🤵 Normally we celebrate in WDW or at a fancy restaurant in NY or CT. Two years ago, we did a vow renewal in WDW for our 25th, had an amazing dinner at Narcoossee's, and took a private fireworks cruise on Bay Lake.

To say that this year will be toned down is an understatement. Between the pandemic and my oral surgery (barely eating solid food...no alcohol...no spicy food...no sugar) I was at a loss of how to celebrate, and DD came up with the perfect idea.

We have a patio by the pool with a new gazebo, and in it our table and chairs for outdoor eating. It is decorated with twinkle lights as is the deck. We will play the Polynesian Resort Hawaiian music loop. DD is going to make us dinner and serve us. She's making shrimp cocktail, shrimp tempura, mashed potatoes, and a salad. DH got himself the makings for Margaritas and Pina Coladas. The last time I couldn't drink on our anniversary, I was 6 months pregnant! It's okay. Fortunately it is a cloudy day, so the heat won't be as oppressive. We will
make the best of it spending the day in the pool and the evening in the gazebo.

Hopefully next year we will have an effective vaccine and will be able to celebrate in WDW again.

Today is my 27th wedding anniversary. 👰 🤵 Normally we celebrate in WDW or at a fancy restaurant in NY or CT. Two years ago, we did a vow renewal in WDW for our 25th, had an amazing dinner at Narcoossee's, and took a private fireworks cruise on Bay Lake.

To say that this year will be toned down is an understatement. Between the pandemic and my oral surgery (barely eating solid food...no alcohol...no spicy food...no sugar) I was at a loss of how to celebrate, and DD came up with the perfect idea.

We have a patio by the pool with a new gazebo, and in it our table and chairs for outdoor eating. It is decorated with twinkle lights as is the deck. We will play the Polynesian Resort Hawaiian music loop. DD is going to make us dinner and serve us. She's making shrimp cocktail, shrimp tempura, mashed potatoes, and a salad. DH got himself the makings for Margaritas and Pina Coladas. The last time I couldn't drink on our anniversary, I was 6 months pregnant! It's okay. Fortunately it is a cloudy day, so the heat won't be as oppressive. We will

Hopefully next year we will have an effective vaccine and will be able to celebrate in WDW again.

065ABD55-5E08-46AD-9C0E-278B1FBA6E1D.gif

Welcome @gardenrooms - I love the puppy in your avatar!

And happy Friday everyone!

We had a decent storm roll through yesterday around dinner time, but it’s still kind of humid - a bit cooler, but still sticky. I’m planning to meet my friend and her kids for a brief hike later this morning anyway - just taking lots of water and going at an easy pace. It’s a nature trail, so maybe I’ll even get some critter photos!
Thank you all for being so welcoming. You already helped me today without even knowing it. I made myself do my steps before I treated myself by going on this forum. Sometimes I will stall the whole day avoiding exercise.

Thank you PollyannaMom, that is my sweet little Minnie Mouse. We adopted her 5+ years ago from the pound when when she was about 8. They figure she had been a street dog all her life (she had no interest in people, but that sure changed!). They had named her Mocha which didn't really fit. She just seemed like a Minnie Mouse, and it stuck. I used her on my Google Classroom. We had to let her go last month. Still have Teddy Bear, who was her roommate and the one we had gone to adopt. (I was volunteering at an Art and Wine Festival and saw this cute little dog with a vest on that said "Adopt Me" - so we did!)

That sounds like a wonderful anniversary. Happy day to you both. Your DD sounds like a special girl!

I have not had a good day - it started to off fine - no feeling like I was on a boat - then had some back pain - I think it started yesterday just a little twinge - noticed it again when driving DS to work - dropped him and went to the pet store for fish food - got out of the car went into a home store first - within a few minutes I could feel it start to kick in - entered the pet store and it was really bad - could not concentrate to work out what I needed - food and water conditioner - I fled in a panic as it felt like I was going to just go down - better outside - drive home - it’s still happening tonight when I walk around the house but not as extreme as shops - I came home and just cried. I hope the neurologist can shed some light on it on Monday :sad: I wantto feel normal again.

I have not had a good day - it started to off fine - no feeling like I was on a boat - then had some back pain - I think it started yesterday just a little twinge - noticed it again when driving DS to work - dropped him and went to the pet store for fish food - got out of the car went into a home store first - within a few minutes I could feel it start to kick in - entered the pet store and it was really bad - could not concentrate to work out what I needed - food and water conditioner - I fled in a panic as it felt like I was going to just go down - better outside - drive home - it’s still happening tonight when I walk around the house but not as extreme as shops - I came home and just cried. I hope the neurologist can shed some light on it on Monday :sad: I wantto feel normal again.
:hug: So sorry to hear this. It must be so scary as well as frustrating! Glad you have neurologist appointment Monday! Hope you are able to rest and take it easy until then!

I wish you weren't going through this. It sounds awful. Let's hope you have a great appointment on Monday where you can get answers and solutions. I will be sending you good vibes for your appointment.

D9C8B3F4-DA2C-4FB5-945F-B570C96F598B.jpeg

Oh no, I hope you can get some rest and feel better, and that the neurologist can help figure out what is going on.

Yesterday was great. DH and I spent the late afternoon in the pool...he managed to lay on a float for an hour then had to bebop around the yard. He just can't sit still. He's never been able to lie on the beach with me. He's always is on the go, so the fact that he made it an entire hour on a float is impressive.

DD cooked and served us dinner outside. I was able to eat more than I have in the last 10 days. Good timing. The gazebo worked out great. We were able to partially close one curtain to block the sun, and we had a fan going giving us a nice breeze and between the fan and the mosquito netting, we were able to sit outside until 10pm without me getting eaten alive. I am a mosquito magnet, and it was so nice to not have to use bug spray.

We enjoyed the Polynesian music and watching the lightning bugs. Once again, DH had trouble sitting still, and instead he would get up and move around the various colored lights he bought to enhance the landscaping. I like to call him "in again, out again Finnegan." Part of the problem is that he is a "man of few words" and after 27+ years together, we run out of conversation. Spending the entire day with me, he was done talking after dinner. God help me when DD moves out!

Also got Dolewhip... didn't mention the rum part tho.

Oh how I loved getting my haircut yesterday, it was just so good. Spent an hour there and he did wash my hair as well, it was interesting that he had to put a towel over my eyes while he did it but it make sense so that nothing gets in to them. And the cut is really good as well, it's so short I don't even have to dry it.

The next few days are going to be super hot, up to the high 80's/low 90's which is really challenging around here because air conditioning is not common. I have window fans in the living room and bedroom but they are not going to be able to keep up when the sun comes around to that side of the house in the afternoon/evening. Ahhh, summertime tho, happy to have it. Not really sure what I"m going to do today other than to get out and water this morning to help things get thru the hot spell

View attachment 513234

Also got Dolewhip... didn't mention the rum part tho.

Oh how I loved getting my haircut yesterday, it was just so good. Spent an hour there and he did wash my hair as well, it was interesting that he had to put a towel over my eyes while he did it but it make sense so that nothing gets in to them. And the cut is really good as well, it's so short I don't even have to dry it.

The next few days are going to be super hot, up to the high 80's/low 90's which is really challenging around here because air conditioning is not common. I have window fans in the living room and bedroom but they are not going to be able to keep up when the sun comes around to that side of the house in the afternoon/evening. Ahhh, summertime tho, happy to have it. Not really sure what I"m going to do today other than to get out and water this morning to help things get thru the hot spell
I am going to call Monday and finally make a hair appointment. I’m thinking about getting mine cut short-haven’t had short hair since high school. In this heat it would feel wonderful.
We’re still having hot weather as well-I get tired of the AC but couldn’t sleep without it.

Yesterday was great. DH and I spent the late afternoon in the pool...he managed to lay on a float for an hour then had to bebop around the yard. He just can't sit still. He's never been able to lie on the beach with me. He's always is on the go, so the fact that he made it an entire hour on a float is impressive.

DD cooked and served us dinner outside. I was able to eat more than I have in the last 10 days. Good timing. The gazebo worked out great. We were able to partially close one curtain to block the sun, and we had a fan going giving us a nice breeze and between the fan and the mosquito netting, we were able to sit outside until 10pm without me getting eaten alive. I am a mosquito magnet, and it was so nice to not have to use bug spray.

We enjoyed the Polynesian music and watching the lightning bugs. Once again, DH had trouble sitting still, and instead he would get up and move around the various colored lights he bought to enhance the landscaping. I like to call him "in again, out again Finnegan." Part of the problem is that he is a "man of few words" and after 27+ years together, we run out of conversation. Spending the entire day with me, he was done talking after dinner. God help me when DD moves out!
My sister in law is like that! We go out on the deck at the beach with our books, but she keeps jumping up to pull weeds, wipe off a table, ask everyone if they want a drink-makes me a little crazy, but I love her!

My sister in law is like that! We go out on the deck at the beach with our books, but she keeps jumping up to pull weeds, wipe off a table, ask everyone if they want a drink-makes me a little crazy, but I love her!
DD takes after him, but it looks different on her. At work at Lord & Taylor, she moves very quickly clearing out the fitting room and racks, merchandising, finding clothes for her customers. When she organizes the Trend Show, she's all over the place like a butterfly throwing everything together in record time. Her coworkers tease her about how she walk/runs through the store, and her managers love it. She memorizes scripts, comedy routines, and does homework standing up and pacing back and forth. I've never gotten her to sit down at a table to work, and in school, she had to tap her feet constantly...truly a kinesthetic learner. Yet, she can also relax on the beach or by the pool without having to get up every 5 seconds like her father.

The two of them make me look like a sloth.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter