July cruise

Sharon Mayberry

Mamabear
Now that they have canceled the cruise through the end of June , when do you think we might hear about cruises , sailing July 3 rd. Making it so hard to move forward , when we are not sure what will happen ?

Now that they have canceled the cruise through the end of June , when do you think we might hear about cruises , sailing July 3 rd. Making it so hard to move forward , when we are not sure what will happen ?
July cruises won't happen for DCL. Their company spokesman has stated that Disney cruises might "possibly" restart in the fall. Safety is a big part of Disney's brand, so they aren't going to be among the first lines to return to cruising. When theme parks reopened last summer, Disney waited an entire month longer than Universal and Sea World to reopen. And cruises have a much worse public image in terms of spreading illness than theme parks. They will wait and watch what happens with the other lines who dip their toes in the water this summer, and if that goes alright, Disney cruises will likely resume sometime this fall. Late August at the very earliest but definitely not July. Yes, the cruise is still on the website, but that doesn't mean Disney thinks they will sail. Disney has been doing this for over a year, keeping cruises bookable that they know won't and in some cases even can't legally sail, waiting to cancel until quite late in the game. Only they know for sure why they have been doing this, but I assume it's due to not wanting to pay out a lot of refunds at once, and due to not wanting to overwhelm their customer service department with too many calls at once.

It's a done deal. DCL won't sail this July. You can go ahead and make other vacation plans for this summer.

Last edited:
We just moved our July 3rd Fantasy cruise to June 2022. Even if it does sail, I'm not going to feel very relaxed about it which defeats the whole purpose. I'm not worried about actually getting COVID given that my husband and I are both vaccinated. But I am worried about being quarantined to my cabin with three kids if there's a case on board and then not being able to get back in time to work as a physician. Unfortunately, even though we are fairly adventurous with traveling during COVID times having gone to WDW twice, there's just now way I'm going to be on the literally the first DCL cruise to resume sailing.

If you can, I would move it. We moved our July 2021 to July 2022. It was a more desirable cruise, 9 night Southern Caribbean, so that made the move very easy. Plus, we already had 125% FCC from a July 2020 cancelled cruise. I now know my husband and I will be fully vaccinated, but they seemed iffy a month or so ago. I actually now have a bit of hope that our son, 15, will get vaccinated before school starts, and possibly even before July. We are just going to do WDW and Universal instead.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter